1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Props to the Toyota Center crowd tonight

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by persian hoopa, May 6, 2005.

1. persian hoopa

persian hoopa Contributing Member

We FINALLY had a real home court advantage tonight. The fans sounded lound on TV and the commentators mentioned how loud it was in there. You could see that the crowd helped with the team's momentum in the 4th quarter. Whatever the blue hairs and corporate dudes drank tonight they should drink again for the rest of the playoffs. Our crowd needs to be better and make some noise to encourage the team when we are down. An amped crowd helps.

2. isoman2kx

isoman2kx Member

yep it was extremely loud! i was a part of it! :D

3. plcmts17

plcmts17 Member

who was that guy behind the basket doing the bird or whatever the hell it was? they showed him right after Mcgrady hit the 3 to put the Rox up by 14 or 18. man was he sweating.

4. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Was there any Jeff Van-Gun-dy clap, clap, clap-clap-clap?

5. sonalikumar

sonalikumar Member

My parents went to the game and told me it was the loudest in there that they have ever heard! They said it made it sooo much better to watch and definitely stirred some momentum for the Rox! I was so excited when I was sitting on my couch in Phoenix and could cheer defense with the crowd that I could ACTUALLY HEAR on Tv. Props to you if you went to the game! Now make the drive up the i-45 and and drown out those Dallas fans!

6. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

Above my section there was but it never got big.....

7. Houstonrocketss

Likewise the crowd was wild and loud! it needs to be like that every single game not win or go home games!

8. Stack24

The best was when we were coming out of the halftime....they played the 95 theme song...it was so awesome...it was the best feeling to have....

9. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

I thought with all of the pub it's been getting from clutchfans.net and 610 it would have been done all night. A little disappointing, but at least we won.

10. littlefish_220

Really load tonight. I am proud of guys there.

11. jeremy99

jeremy99 Contributing Member

In the last minute of the game, the whole crowd did chant Jeff-Van-Gun-Dy!!!! It was awesome. Crowd was excellent.

12. judoka739

judoka739 Member

Actually, before the game there was a little bit.... but none during the game. But the crowd was REALLY loud throughout.... was a blast... i can't even talk right now because I sound like a gremlin from too much yelling... much props to htown foolz!!

13. Stack24

The best thing was after the starting lineups when it got all quiet T- Grey annuonced JVG's name and it got even louder ...it was great timing....

14. cur.ve

cur.ve Contributing Member

props to the crowd tonight. from the tv here on the east coast, they sound rowdy!

15. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

GREAT effort from the crowd tonight!

The only thing is I was hearing little uncoordinated "MVP" chants when T-Mac was at the FT line.

Guys, if you can't cheer and love this team with all your heart, then forget being a Rockets fan...you are not even a basketball fan. I was watching the game on my big screen and I was JUMPING up and down and screaming profanities. Me and my bro were pumped up big time!

I absolutely LOVED the fact that Sura slammed that cocky MoFo Howard to the floor. Way to take revenge for Yao, Sura. That's what teammates are for:cool: The best thing was the fact that this kid Howard backed off and was pissing his pants when Sura did that:D

Now let's go and do the "impossible" all over again Clutch City...No one believes in you, and you wouldn't have it any other way:cool:

16. franchise23

franchise23 Contributing Member

Hell yeah it was loud in there. Finally felt like a real playoff game atmosphere. I dont think me and my friends sat down in the entire 4th quarter.

17. Kerfeld

Kerfeld Contributing Member

The crowd was amazing tonite. It finally felt like a playoff game in the Toyota Center. Lets keep this up.

18. twhy77

twhy77 Contributing Member

It was loud, for the first time this series the cameras were all shaky and stuff. I haven't felt like this in a while.

19. utsrinu

utsrinu Member

I was there tonight as well. What I don't get is that 70% of the box seats/suites were empty the entire game. I just don't get it. if the big wigs can't make the game why not hook the other guys at the office up with some tickets?

20. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

That's because not all the suites are sold. My company has two suites and tonight we were jam packed. I yelled and high fived until my hands and throat was raw. Normally I'm more subdued because I'm in front of potential customers but I said screw it this time. A co-worker and I were giving it our all.
    I was very proud of the noise level tonight.