1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Proposed: Baylor On-Campus Football Stadium

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by MadMax, Nov 7, 2011.

1. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

What brand of cataract was used to take this?

2. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

It's easy when the refs give you all the calls :p

Baylor fans were plenty loud. The Cat (mizzou fan) can attest to that.

3. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

This is a contrived measure

Nobody cares about women's basketball outside of the Waco bubble and maybe Storrs and Knoxville

You didn't even win the Big XII conference title in either football or men's basketball

In 2005 UT-Austin branch won championships in football AND baseball, and got to the elite 8 in basketball. That clobbers Baylor's year

4. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Ladies and Gentlemen, proof that the Mayans are right and we've all only got months to live.

bigtexxxx kind of sort of complimented the University of Texas.

5. bigtexxx

keep in mind that UT-Austin branch did this with a number of criminals on their football team (plus a 6 wunderlich scholar at qb), and a drunk driver as their baseball coach

Baylor tends to have criminal events crop up after modest success, too. i.e., skinning cats at Taco Cabana, basketball players shooting other players, coaches covering it up by claiming it was a drug deal (?!!?), basketball players breaking their girlfriend's jaw, and a woman basketball player punching another player. Hardly a great baptist example by any stretch.

6. leroy

Cover it up all you want. You complimented UT, brah.

7. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

you win...and I don't care. great year for Baylor, any way you look at it.

8. MadMax

That's funny...I have 2 friends who graduated from Duke who talk about what a great win that was for Duke because of how loud it was in there for Baylor. I was there and thought Baylor fans did quite well.

9. sammy

He dun goofed up. It's almost like Max planned it.

Sucker.

10. MadMax

11. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

That overhang will be extremely helpful in Sept-Aug, but it kinda makes the stadium look like a toilet.

12. MadMax

looks like a soccer stadium to me.

loving the tie in to the river and campus.

13. MadMax

http://www.kwtx.com/home/headlines/...ti-Million-Riverfront-Proposal-212244981.html

[​IMG]

WACO (June 19, 2013)--Waco City Manager Larry Groth got his first look Wednesday at a proposal from local developers Rick Sheldon and Joe Beard that would transform the landscape of the Brazos River from the Franklin Avenue bridge to Interstate 35.

Waco requested proposals this spring for development of 16 acres of land it owns on or near the river, which the city would lease to the developer on a long-term basis.

Brazos Riverfront Development Partners was the only company that submitted a proposal to the city by the June 12 deadline.

Groth, who was out of town when the multi-million dollar plan was submitted, was poring over the proposal Wednesday and said he was pleased.

“I have been working on the development of the Brazos riverfront for 30 years...so yeah, I am excited,” he said.

The plan calls for riverfront condos, apartments, retail shops, hotels, restaurants and even a grocery store plus new green space and it could carry a price tag of as much as $300 million.

The proposal must be reviewed by a committee of community stakeholders, the Downtown Development Corporation board and must be approved by the Waco City Council, but if it clears those hurdles, Groth said ground could be broken on the project by the fall of 2014.

The development would be the culmination of a push dating back to the 1980s that led to the creation of Indian Spring Park, construction of the river walk, the relocation of Waco’s zoo to Cameron Park, and more recently extensive residential and commercial development in the downtown area.

The project would complement and serve as a commercial bridge to Baylor University’s $250 million on-campus football stadium, which is due to be finished in time for the start of the 2014 season.

The on-campus stadium is now under construction on a 93-acre site on the East side of the river.

A pedestrian bridge will be built across the Brazos to connect the stadium to the campus.

14. bigtexxx

that looks nice.

Waco needs some better aesthetics

15. leroy

Any aesthetics would be a start. Outside of the surprisingly excellent zoo, I have no reason to ever want be in Waco.

16. sammy

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/jsMpw8X0gBQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

17. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

I'll grant you criminals but the wunderlich jab is kinda dumb.

18. Brandyon

Brandyon Member

Totally agree, only I viewed it as criminal events causing modest success to crop up. Starting from my day 1, the summary is:

Murder>Obstruction of Justice>Drew>Madness>Briles>Elite 8>RG3>Stadium

Minor assault & accusations of shady recruiting are just the price of a quick resurgence, aren't they? :)

19. Buck Turgidson

I hope they name something, anything, after Drayton, just so I can have a tangible focus for my undying hatred.

20. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

The Drayton McLane 50 yard line at John Eddie Williams field at Baylor Stadium.