1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

PRESIDENTIAL: Country of Old Men

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Rocket River, Jan 24, 2024.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I don't think there is any doubt the next presidential election will be
    BIDEN VERSUS TRUMP II: Electric BOOOOOOOGIELOOO

81 yr old versus a 77 yr old

Even Mitch McConnel is 81 clinging to power with a death grip

Why? They going to make decisions that won't affect them by and large.
    There, IMO, does not seem like most give a isht about service toward their fellow man
    as much as the power to control other people's lives.

Rocket River

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  2. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

Hmm, now that you mention it, they are kind of old. Huh.

3. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Hmm, now that you mention it, they are kind of old. Huh.

4. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The world watches in shock and awe as two Old White Men are the best leaders America can come up with as their top nominees to lead their country the next four years. Even scarier is that one of them has the vocabulary of a middle school bully, is a raging sociopath and criminal, and has never once in his political career spoken without lies pouring from his mouth.

ROCKSS, Rocket River and astros123 like this.
  5. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

IDK, that's crap my teenagers tell me - that I don't care about the future because I'll be dead. Aside from the fact that I plan on living quite a while longer, I also care more about the future now because I have children than I ever did when I was young and stupid like them.

6. astros123

astros123 Member

They're both old but only one is a insurrectionist and a traitor to the nation. "Both siding" it is utterly unhinged

Reeko, FranchiseBlade, ROCKSS and 4 others like this.
  7. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

That kind of thinking is why the DNC trotted out Hilary and lost to Trump in the first place. I don't care about the color/race/sex of the person just give me some competent age appropriate options.

ROCKSS, Rocket River and astros123 like this.
  8. astros123

astros123 Member

Hilary lost to trump cuz she refused to campaign in Michigan/Wisconsin. She literally didn't visit the Midwest a single time

FranchiseBlade and Rocket River like this.
  9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Pure Democratic Arrogance

See Above
    The DNC has it in their mind that people will vote for them because the other side is so repugnant
    They don't think they have to work for it . .. that all they have to do is point out how horrible the other side it

Rocket River

10. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don’t like that our choices are two very old men and while ironing he has no chance I agree with Dean Phillips that we should have a compatible Democratic primary. This idea though that these candidates are just manufactured and put forward by the two parties ignores that they did win competitive primaries to get to where they are.

In 2020 Biden survived a bruising primary. This time in 2020 many talking heads were suing Biden was done having come in 4th in the NH primary. In 2015 Trump was considered a joke who would never get close to the Presidency. He lost the IA caucuses and Cruz and Kasich made it competitive late.

The inconvenient truth is Democratic and Republican voters chose these two candidates and we’ve been stuck with them.

also this idea that Biden isn’t doing anything to win votes other than talking about how repugnant Trump is isn’t true. One of the the criticism of Biden is that he doesn’t directly go after Trump. What he as done though
    Is get a lot of legislation passed that benefits voters across the board. Perhaps I’m out of touch that I believe a President who does actually govern is doing something for the country.

FranchiseBlade and ROCKSS like this.
  11. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

OK, now do Trump.

OWNED

You libs could vote for Dean Phillips. Seems like a competent executive.

12. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

13. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I think Kamala will take over if Biden wins. She's pretty young.

14. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Curious you push another maga scare tactic... Biden somehow dying and thus Harris becoming president. Do you have the same fear of mtg or stefanik becoming president should trump win?

15. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

It's a basketball forum so I am not "pushing" anything. I get that you are with your non stop DnD posts but I don't care who anyone votes for here. I know you are working hard here since it's an election year and I appreciate your effort. I don't see MTG becoming VP. I would guess it will be Scott or the SD governor. They would be better than Trump if that answers your question.

16. NewRoxFan

DnD is a political discussion forum that just happens to be hosted on a basketball forum. Scott and Noem are also trump vp possibilities as are mtg and stefenik. scott and noem might be better than trump (at least they haven't been guilty of rape, fraud, or insurrection), but are they good for America?

17. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Thanks for the explanation. Based on your post history, I would have guessed it was a propaganda medium.

18. NewRoxFan

Pro magas think anyone not supporting trump is propaganda... thanks!

Astrodome likes this.