1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

President Trump Axios Interview

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by joshuaao, Aug 4, 2020.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

LOL... trump is really good for comedy...

T_Man, getsmartnow, ROXTXIA and 6 others like this.
  2. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

3. Fantasma Negro

Dude has had his Martin Bashir moment, good luck to him...

4. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

It was a contentious interview that isn't new, but I'm not digging the headlines from other pubs backslapping Jonathan for a job well done.

Maybe they should do a better job than cheerlead their own and call it news.

Nook, DVauthrin, T_Man and 2 others like this.
  5. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

So if your candidate is terrible at answering questions; it’s the journalist’s fault?

T_Man and RayRay10 like this.
  6. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

It reminds me of the bratty toddler in a backyard, angry that his dad won't hit his bat with the ball.

7. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Contributing Member

I understand what you are saying and don’t disagree that our choices can and should be different. I think this makes it sound like Democrats like Hillary Clinton and Joe Biden (I care for neither normally) are similar candidates to Trump. This is simply not true and the US would be in a very different situation had Hillary won.

Nook and RayRay10 like this.
  8. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

and trump had his michael jackson moment, shamone to him...

[​IMG]

Nook and RayRay10 like this.
  9. B-Bob

You know, I'm very inclined to agree, but for one important thing. When it comes to the pandemic, our public health system, our overall healthcare system, and our culture at large were just not going to be ready to fight it. I really believe that. Living in California, I'm watching a supposedly smart and definitely liberal state fail versus the virus. Just totally fail.

I also imagine Hillary putting on a mask and then even fewer Americans than we have now putting on a mask in response. Sad but possibly true. But we'll never know.

10. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The other part is Ed Bradley probably would've been even tougher on Trump.

11. Master Baiter

I’m in OC so I completely understand what you are saying. I thought we were doing good until we started to reopen. It went from lockdown to not-give-a-**** in no time flat. What really upset me was finding out how most of the people that we know are completely insane. Anti-vax, 5G, crystals, mineral oils, conspiracy theories, and craziness. It’s a very different kind of crazy compared to Texas, that is for certain, but it VERY much exists.

I also agree with you that we had issues that would have plagued (no pun intended) us regardless specifically healthcare and income inequality.

We’ve told very few people but the family and I are moving to Sweden next week. All of our stuff is being put into a container tomorrow and we board a plane on Tuesday. The US is going to be a shitshow for the foreseeable future and I am no longer interested in trying to have rational conversation with people that are just stupid. 1/3 of Americans are just plain ****ing stupid. And all of this is about to get worse before it gets better.

I think it is inevitable that, at a minimum, the short term future is going to be violent with COVID, race relations, and inequality coming to a head. Unfortunately, it’s a course correction that is way overdue but that doesn’t mean that I’m interested in participating.

#71 Master Baiter, Aug 5, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2020
  12. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I was going to ask how they are allowing you into Sweden and then I remembered Sweden has few restrictions.

Best of luck on your move and I don't blame you. Things are already not going well in this country and I think they will get worse before they get better.

R0ckets03, Nook and RayRay10 like this.
  13. Fantasma Negro

The interviewer was disrespectful and immature. People watched the interview to hear President Trump, not some fake Jon Oliver. Ask your question, allow your interviewee to answer and then ask your follow up, its simple etiquette. For example

14. Master Baiter

Thank you. The only reason we can go is because my wife is Swedish and we will be “returning home”. The travel bans in place would prevent us from traveling to Sweden under any other circumstances. We have to substantiate our relationships and that we are there to stay when we go through border control.

RayRay10 likes this.
  15. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

No the interviewer was professional. Your snowflake president just can’t handle any scrutiny.

DVauthrin and RayRay10 like this.
  16. Fantasma Negro

He answered every question. Unlike this guy

17. B-Bob

Wow. God bless and god speed. Thanks for sharing your perspective.
    Have no connections that could let me and the Mrs. escape at this point, and I don't want to leave my parents behind in the dumpster fire anyway.
    Take care.

RayRay10 likes this.
  18. B-Bob

His questions and responses were professional. I thought he hammed it up a little bit with the now-famous facial expressions.
    Quizzical looks can be professional, but all the WTF type stuff was overdoing it, IMHO. We're picking nits b/c it was all just preaching to the converted anyway, on both sides: Trump is terrible versus media hates him. Both sides can just get more intrenched, I guess.

JumpMan and RayRay10 like this.
  19. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

As Billy Joel sang, "You may be right, I may be crazy," never mind the "just may be a lunatic you're looking for" part, but maybe he wasn't hamming it up. Maybe those are the natural reactions of someone who has to swallow the phrase, "Are you ****ing serious?"

Nook, DVauthrin, jiggyfly and 2 others like this.
  20. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Trump is definitely stupid.

RayRay10 likes this.