1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

President...Cuban?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by BigDog63, Oct 23, 2017.

1. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well it would be a sign that we haven't hit rock bottom when it comes to presidential elections....so I hope it doesn't happen.

I'm hoping for a return to sanity in 2020.

3. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

It would be pretty hilarious to see a sitting President get primary'd be their own party.

I would've voted for Cubes over Hillary.

He'd have to sell the Mavs (ONE WOULD THINK), so that's a plus.

4. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Give me Cuban over Trump all day and twice on Sunday.

5. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Trump showed you dont need a major party to be President. It wouldn't be surprising if no career politician ever wins again

In Presidential politics a major party was needed for fundraising. The funds were needed for advertising. Social media has changed that

6. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

I think a fair description might be that he would Trump without the divisiveness. No idea what his policies might be...he was the darling of the liberal media outlets there for a while, giving his feud/criticism of Trump. I think his self description of socially centrist and fiscally conservative is probably accurate. As with Trump, no idea how he'd function in a typically dysfunctional government bureaucracy.

Depending on what happens over the next couple years, could easily see Trump getting a good run in the primary.

7. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

If we have a Cuban for President, I'll take Gurriel. He has the best hair.

8. pirc1

Trump's biggest problem is that he is not competent for the job of presidency.

9. Anticope

Anticope Member

Yeah, let's vote for another candidate with zero legislative experience because it's worked out so well thus far. Personally, I prefer hiring people with zero experience in certain fields in order to have someone with a fresh perspective like the POTUS has with legislating, it's why I get my dental work done by a handyman because too many dentists with their fancy MDs have gotten caught up in the money and politics of modern dentistry. By the way, I don't use this handyman for handy work around my house for this very reason, I have an archaeologist who I go to for that.

#9 Anticope, Oct 23, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2017
  10. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

All that Cuban has to do is put the team in a "blind" trust and have Harvey (his six-foot, three-and-a-half-inch tall invisible rabbit) run the team.

DonnyMost likes this.
  11. pirc1

We are only talking about between Trump and Cuban, it is no contest IMO.

12. CCorn

CCorn Member

Cuban would be a better representative of the working man than trump is.

I don't really understand how trump became that guy.

13. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Black President. Trump could still have won if perhaps a different (white) democrat was in for 8 years. But in my opinion it increased the chances quite a lot.

14. TheresTheDagger

I can't get past his NBA shenanigans. Would not vote for him.

15. Exiled

Exiled Member

Parson as a 1st lady

16. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

That maybe true but Trump flipped truly independent voters that voted for Obama

Every election is decided by these same voters because the overwhelming majority votes the same every election

17. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I think the news here is he’d run as a Republican which is the big news here if he sticks to it. Cuban would pull Dem and independent voters almost for sure and if he beat Trump in a primary he’s got a great shot at winning the general.

However I just can’t see him ultimately running as a Republican to primary Trump because I can’t see the GOP donors getting behind him. If the Koch’s and Mercer’s want Trump over Cuban, or Kasich, or Pence (ding ding) over Cuban, they’ll throw their weight behind them and Cuban might as well be running as an independent cause he won’t get the platform he needs to beat the GOP in a primary.

If he runs in the general as an independent, that will be bad news for Democrats as he’ll be Ralph Nader on steroids. Which I think is why he’s being smart here and saying he will run as a Republican. I genuinely think he’s smart enough to say I want to beat Trump, not gift him 2020.

The difference between Cuban and Trump is Cuban is actually a highly intelligent person and can give thorough explanations to just about anything. Trump is a bag of hot air with nothing to offer but bluster, race bailing, sexism, and verbal attacks. Cuban would be a substantial upgrade.

No Worries and krnxsnoopy like this.
  18. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

You are right in a way. The thing is every cycle or every ten years there are people that “votes the same every election” are created.

I promise you some people were pushed to being republican because of Obama being black. Even if they did not know it.

19. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

QFTT.

I am not sure I want to see another political nube as POTUS.

Michael Bloomberg would be better business turned politician, since he has already been elected to a political office.

20. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

I am not sure how much I agree with this comment. Yes, I am sure there are some that voted against his skin color, but what is that number? 10? 100? 1000? 10,000? I would counter and say many more people (on the right) voted for Obama simply because of his skin color. I would not have initially said that in 2008, but Obama won very decisively. While McCain was a poor choice, Romney was a good choice to represent the 'party of white males'.

Back on topic, Cuban would certainly be better than any nomination in 2016. Im not so sure he would have been an effective president.