1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[PowerLine] Liberals Are Crazy. Will Voters Notice? (Kevin McHale controversy)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Os Trigonum, Jun 21, 2018.

1. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

This pretty much. Nobody here said he should be fired from what I saw and according to the usual wingnuts here, this is the most liberal of liberal echo chambers.

I merely thought that he would have a difficult time sitting on panels talking about diversity in the nba when the other nba greats know he was at a rally that routinely chanted “build a wall” among other racially charged greivances.

But no he shouldn’t be fired for going to a poltical rally. He should never get another coaching job because he’s a crap coach. As an announcer I thought he was fine, but he’s the one who now has to go back to work with many outspoken African Americans who might now be offended by his beliefs on race and diversity which you take a pretty hard stance on if you attend one of these rallies. You know what you are signing up for.

Free speech is a great thing and it should be free. But you are the one who has to live with the consequences of what you say.

2. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

And?

I could go on twitter and find 10 random posts to support anything.

KingCheetah and SF3isBack!! like this.
  3. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

I think it will be hard for him to find a head coaching job and may be difficult for him to do his current job but I doubt he'll be fired.

#23 SF3isBack!!, Jun 22, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2018
  4. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Protesting police brutality and supporting a known racist is the same thing to you? Anyone who has ever served in the military knows that a civilian taking a knee or protesting isn't against them or the flag it's actually what we've fought for. By that same token you can be racist thats your right, but don't expect people to love you for it. The big difference is you guys lie and twist everything so that a police brutality protest is no longer about police brutality and a guy supporting a known racist is simply a guy making a political choice and how can any black person fault kevin mchale for that, lol.

5. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

this is an example of extreme cherry picking. You could the same thing if you pick 10 random wing-nuts on either side of the spectrum

6. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I get the part about taking a few crazies and trying to label all liberals. What I don't understand is the question "Will voters notice?" Are any of the people who made those tweets running for office? What do voters noticing have to do with any of it?

7. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Speaking for all DNC bots I don't think McHale should lose his job... whatever job that is nowadays...

8. Nook

Nook Member

Kevin McHale should be able to do whatever he wants. If he is winning to be associated with Trump and is willing to deal with the fallout (good or bad), then good for him.

We are really starting to delve too much into people's personal lives. The case of McHale is a little different because he is a public figure, the theory holds the same though.

9. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The conservative media machine defines itself by their outrage at liberals. If there are no genuine liberal outrages, they have to make one up to keep everybody on board.

Failing that, they'd have to start talking about policy and ideas, and half the party faithful would drift off and pay attention to something else rather than listen to dry old boring dull abstract words.

Policy and ideas are hard, self-righteous outrage is fun and easy. Anger at the liberals is like TV for children. It keeps the little people occupied while the adults talk among themselves. For the conservative media machine, it keeps the hoi polloi focused and in line.

10. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Can't really blame them, they are the party of nothing and Trumps entire presidency is based on undoing everything that Obama has achieved in order to teach him a lesson for telling a joke about him years ago. they are petty and they don't actually stand for anything. the only thing that seems to unite them is mutual hate of liberals and people of color.

11. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

protesting at your job vs attending a political rally in your private life.

and the entire argument from the left was that it's his right so why does same argument not apply with McHale?

12. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

more than 10 random posts hundreds of likes and retweets. If it isn't a popular opinion among the left than why so many likes and retweets?

13. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

kevin mchale is a public figure who works with black people. please tell me you are smart enough to know that supporting a known racist regardless of the fact that its your private life won't sit well with the people you work with?

14. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

I guess that means all republicans are racist then lol.

15. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I totally disagree with the last part here. Mere attendance is not a hard stance of anything. A completely apolitical person could attend a rally just out of curiosity to see what it’s like, or to provide company to his wife.

Perhaps you think him choosing not to divorce his wife who is apparently a strong Trump supporter is also a hard stance?

This is “you’re with us or you’re against us” sort of thinking. I don’t like it when I see it on the right, and I don’t like it when I see it on left.

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You are trying to think about this from a logical standpoint and you have to realize that you aren't talking about logical people. You are talking about emotional people struggling with a pathological condition. To them attending a Trump event makes people literal Nazis, so yeah, in their minds attendance is making a hard stance as is not divorcing a spouse who thinks differently than you.

I do hope at some point to see a return to sanity, but I just don't see any evidence that it's on the horizon.

17. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Alexa - order more bleach and ammonia for @durvasa - he just ran out while trying to sanitize the context away from this situation.

18. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yep, I can find clearly racists tweets and they too can have hundreds of likes and retweets.

If you want to paint everyone left of you this way that's your decision.

SF3isBack!! likes this.
  19. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

if you have to ask then you're just not paying any attention.

20. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

if we're going to by who liberals think is racists than people will probably have to disassociate themselves with almost everyone in the country.