1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Power Rankings] Rockets ranked 28th......what a joke.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OlajuwonFan81, Jul 25, 2012.

1. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

Why are fans so dumb? We do not want to be better than 26th in the league. 28 would be perfect. That means we were not the worst team in the league (with only a 25% chance of winning the 1st pick) but not so far from last that our chances are extremely slim. With the 28th, we have a really high (relatively) chance of landing a top 2 and the #4 pick being worst case (not likely) scenario.

It's not like this team will get WORSE the next year. We are rebuilding actually in a different way than a lot of teams rebuild. We really have a group of guys that in two years could be a great supporting cast with possibly one or two (two is a huge stretch) of All-Stars. You get the 4th pick and your chance of landing a guy to put us over the top (in year 3 or 4) dramatically increases.

Vs how a team like the Bobcats did it. They just got a bunch of sorry players on their team with not a whole lot of upside and said, "we are going to suck so bad that we have to land a 1 or 2 pick." That backfired on them. It will take them longer to rebuild than it will us, I guarantee it. They have to reconstruct their whole team after their three best players. It won't be easy to do that considering their assets aren't heavily desired.

I am so pumped with or without Dwight

2. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Way to go les alexander!

3. Toast

Toast Member

I like it!

4. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Say girl, do you know 5 players on the Rockets for this upcoming season?

5. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

Pfft, New York in the second tier? They will struggle to make the playoffs in the horrible east again.

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

They are gonna surprise a lot of those doubters.... still hope we get that superstar.... wished would be a more classier one than Howard

7. Hak34

Hak34 Member

High ceilings is every player ever drafted. Your homer glasses are thick if you think as constructed the Rockets would win, if very lucky, more than 30 games.

Didn't every team draft players that are "young and talented"? The history of the NBA suggests players selected in the the middle of the draft do not become superstars. Chances are not one player drafted by the Rockets becomes an all star. So far for as awesome as Morey has been at finding talent later in the draft, he hasn't produced even one all star. It's going to be a rough 3 to 5 years. Just like they told Scola.

8. BEARCLAW

BEARCLAW Member

I try not to get too worked up.

Power Rankings are basically nothing more than some "expert's" "opinion".

The biggest reasons (IMO) for the poor rating is because the team has had a large roster turnover and they became extremely young and without a bonafide star player.

Actually, I'm a little shocked the so-called "experts" didn't totally overact and make the Rockets the worst team in the league. The media seems to love ignoring them most of the time and when they do speak of the Rockets, they never have much that's very positive to say.

Hopefully this upcoming season the team will show promise... even if they are not winning a lot. Having a young team may not be so bad if a few of these guys develop up to their potential...

9. hahachui

hahachui Member

i will be exited if we get 3rd and 5th pick in the next draft

rebuild baby!!

10. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Throughout this whole ordeal, Bynum has been the classier one.

11. soupman

soupman Member

24 through 28 is probably about right. The West is brutal and hasn't become easier. This result absolutely should be expected, and a trade of Martin later in the season (should that occur) would only worsen that projection. Playing only 1 person with more than 2 years of NBA experience on a squad in which only 3 people have any experience playing together at all is a prescription for abject failure next season. The season after should be better, particularly if we add FA talent to the mix, and it is unlikely we will be in the hunt for the playoffs until the season after that. Tamper your expectations with a dose of reality and enjoy the ride.

12. rocketblood713

I dont blame them you signed Asik and Lin ?! ...yea they CAN be good players but we still have to see it

13. showa13

showa13 Member

My question is how the hell are the Knicks 6th? Jason Kidd and Raymond Felton are not gonna all of a sudden make the Knicks the 2nd or 3rd best team in the east. They still are miles behind Miami, Chicago, Indy, Boston, even Brooklyn. They're going to be fighting for a low playoff seed yet again. The Knicks are being grossly overrated for some reason(prob cause they're ny)

But I have no problem with the Rockets being rated so low. I'd but us in the upper 20s but we can let everyone overlook us while we collect high lotto picks and slowly build a contender.

14. kuku

kuku Contributing Member

Kobe 13th
    Nash 15th
    Ginobili 57th
    Parker 28th
    Rondo 21st
    Sprewell 24th

Big name and most likely all HOF's. They all say hello.....

15. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

The 100's and 100's of other role players in that range also say hello. He said history shows players selected in that area don't turn into superstars, and you pulled out a small handful that did. You just proved his point.

16. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

It's the same every year. The experts always doom the Rockets season and the Rockets always surprise.

17. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Did anyone catch this?:

Deron Williams, the NBA’s top point guard, has never played with a core as talented as Joe Johnson, Gerald Wallace and Brook Lopez

Umm, Boozer, Okur, and Kirilenko, anyone? I would say that Boozer from that period is better than Johnson now, same with Okur over Wallace and andrei over Lopez (or at least equal to those 2).

18. Nimo

Nimo Member

kuku just proved that it is possible to draft all star players in the middle of the pack. Teams have done it in the past so it is possible for the Rockets to do it. I understand the chances are low but that excuse is starting to become lame.

19. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

Near the end of the year, the Knicks were blowing teams away by 20+ points, and their defense was something fierce, definitely top 3 in the league. For a bit, at least. Under Woodson, when Lin, STAT, and Melo played together, they were 7-1 regularly beating playoff teams with ease. There are still chemistry issues but with Tyson and Melo coming back from the Olympics, had Lin stayed, I would've ranked them 3rd or even 2nd in the East as well.

20. psingh34

psingh34 Member

EXACTLY we COULD be bad .. but it is not guaranteed ..i think we will see an improved play overall from the 4 and the 5 positions.. 3 will improve just on the bases on parsons getting more experience... we will prob not be as good at the 1 and 2 is unknown..