1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Power Rankings] Rockets ranked 28th......what a joke.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OlajuwonFan81, Jul 25, 2012.

1. CCorn

CCorn Member

But we have Lin! :eek:

2. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

Bulls will be without Rose for atleast 3/4ths the season and when he comes he will not be the Rose of his MVP season or even last year...

But their is prolly a little East Coast bias in the article.

3. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

I'm not surprised or offended by the ranking Rockets just have to prove themselves I think the players they've aquired will to a certain extent.

4. primtim24

primtim24 Contributing Member

getting Howard would put us in the "playoff race" portion of those rankings. We are an uproven team all together, they have no reason to rank us any higher than 20th right now. IF we do end up getting Howard then I could see us being in the 15ish range. Not top 5.

Even if we got D12, we wouldn't be better than the Heat, Lakers, Thunder, Spurs, the Nets and a few others. We would be right around wherever Utah is.

5. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

It's honestly fair. Look at the talent on the teams above and below us. Remember we missed the playoffs and have shed the guys that led that team, while other teams in our tier went out and added to their cores.

Barring a major surprise, our top 6 scorers will be gone. Martin (dead man walking), Parsons, and Patterson are it from the rotation. The rookies looked nice in summer league, but only rarely do rookies come in and win immediately. Durant came in, tore the league up...and Seattle was dead last in the West (20 wins).

I think there's reason to think we can make things happen on offense. But young teams notoriously struggle on defense. Look at the Kings, Cavs, and Wolves, for example. Asik should help tremendously in that category, but our backcourt looks to be woeful containing their opponents, and we don't seem that much better off at PF, either.

Let's see what happens. I think we'd finish somewhere around 24th if there are no more changes to the roster.

1 person likes this.
  6. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

I like that the Bobcats have their own category...lol.

7. smr6

smr6 Member

Not to mention we would get Dallas' pick if the standings ended up like these rankings as well.

8. txtodd

txtodd Member

With everyone healthy on every team...sounds about right.

But I could see our depth helping us weather injuries better, and a couple more teams drop below us. We end up at the 5th pick maybe.

We're gonna see a lot of losses, but I hope they're at least close losses. That will mean the team is playing hard, "buying in", and the rookies are who we thought they were.

9. smr6

smr6 Member

10. Dude1988

Dude1988 Member

Dont see how its a joke. I think almost everyone here and the media knows that we will be one of the worst teams next season.

11. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

Then there's the part about actually playing the games.

Should be an interesting sinerio when our "scrappy little overachievers" i.e. the Rockets Brand, lol, are fighting for a playoff berth next spring. hee hee.

yes I drink kool aide. Why not? Got my clappers ready any way. I know we may be mopping up but a top draft choice doesn't suck either. Built for the Future - The Fixx.

12. DJGRIND

DJGRIND Member

Jonathan Tjarks, he's a Dallas Homer... so it kinda figures.

We, the Rox, are a huge question mark.

But, I perfer where we are now rather than selling the farm for DH.

13. felixng2012

felixng2012 Member

Most of this list is absolutely terrible. Nuggets at 10 while Clippers are at 11....
    Celtics and Grizzlies are way too high up. Grizzlies have no business being higher than the Clippers. Pacers too low here. I can understand Rockets at 28 though I think we will be better.

14. GCWTexans

GCWTexans Member

Exactly

Newsflash. Everybody that is in the NBA played ball in College or High School.

I am tired of hearing that just because we have a lot of rookies that we will automatically be awful. The Rockets are loaded with young players with high ceilings. Get ready for an exciting team and year.

15. ivenovember

ivenovember Member

They haven't officially moved the Bobcats to the D-League yet.

16. chrispbrown

chrispbrown Member

Not really a joke! If it makes you happier we can be at the top of the rebuilding category.

I like all the young guys, but they have essentially 0 chemistry and 0 experience.

Parsons is a "veteran" on our team haha

17. rhino17

rhino17 Member

why is it a jokes? This team has potential for the #1 pick in the draft. #28 is completely reasonable

18. thisiscaketown

I don't agree with some of the rankings, but the current ranking of our team seems pretty fair for the time being. I HOPE this teams ends up being #28.

19. JD88

JD88 Member

Good. Shabazz/Nerlens next year.

20. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

Some of y'all are putting unrealistic expectations on the rookies, thus being set up for disappointment. #28 is fine with me. Watch them grow, and get a high pick while doing it. People in here thinking this squad is gonna shock the world are just being homers. Y'all saw our rookies look good against other rookies and journeymen in the Summer League, so now y'all think we have stars in the making.