1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post your NFL playoff predictions here.

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by kidrock8, Jan 8, 2002.

1. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

Thanks.

What's funny is that TB was +11 or something during the regular season as far as turnovers went.

But, I realized that Philly's blitzing D + Brad Johnson's lack of mobility and his lack of deep passing will lead to either sacks or INT's. It turns out, that it was the INT's.

For tommorow, I predict GB to roll over SF. The ground game will be the big key, and SF is very weak up the gut. Stubblefield and Young are very weak against the run, and get pancaked too often.

Homefield will be too much for SF to overcome.

In the Ravens-Phins game, I predict the Ravens to win in an ugly game. Mia's defense is anywhere from good to average. Bal's isn't as good as last year, but their D is still a top 3-5 squad in the NFL.

2. Sonny

Sonny Contributing Member

Hand Up!

3. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

It should be a great game. I jsut feel that the Bears were lucky to walk away with a couple of those wins (you know the ones) and has too anemic an offense. Jim Johnson's blitzing defense schemes are going to force the Bears offense to make mistakes.

The Eagles offensive game will have to make adjustments. The Bears great D starts with their linebackers, meaning McNabb probably wont break a 40 yard run, and his out of pocket moves may be less effective. But McNabb is an extremely precise quarterback, and knows how to simply step up in the pocket and hit his men - not in the same way Kurt Warner does, but perfect for the Eagles style. His one interception wasnt even his fault...Chad Lewis slipped. I expect to see a similar game as the had against the Bucs, where it takes a while to get their (the Eagles) offense going (when doesnt it), but they will qucikly adjust. Plus, I think Reid is the better coach and will draw up the better gameplan. If the Bears get out of the gate quick though (say an 80 yard TD run or Ulracher picks off a pass and runs it in from 50 out) it could be trouble for Philly.

In anycase, it will be a good game, and we'll see on Saturday.

4. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

Hand up!!!

5. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Question: do reviews in the last two minutes of the first half come from the officials upstairs? If so, the Packers really got screwed... there was no doubt, imho, that Hearst's knee went down on the one and the ball was not across the plane.

Nevertheless, it should've been about 20-0 before that. If the Pack lose this game, the off coordinator should be out of a job. Two 3rd and 1s near midfield... all you have to do is run to the outside, throw, do something with at least a little bit of creativity and you pick it up easily. Instead, the Pack run it straight up the middle into 8 or 9 defenders, and have no prayer.

6. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Mr. Scary and Myself are the only 4-0 perfects so far , High five my Raider Fan Brotha! :)

7. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

The Bears D revolves around their two DTs.

The OLBs are only making plays because the DTs and Urlacher occupy the OL and FB.

The key for Philly will be to establish the pass to establish the run.

You just cannot run up the gut against the two huge DTs and Urlacher, without softening them up with the pass.

McNabb will need to pick apart the Bears shaky DBs. If he can do that, the run will open up.

The Bears will need to pick up the blitz well, and make sure they can make long plays after the catch.

The Bears lead the league in passes that were less than 5 yards, which will play into Philly's hands, if they blitz like crazy.

8. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

Where's Nomar?

9. Band Geek Mobster

Honestly, the 49ers played much better than I thought they would. I was actually worried for a minute or 2 until that deflected INT that led to the Packers TD.

Also on another note, DAMN YOU DOLPHINS! They ruined my predictions, I'll never predict the Dolphins to win in the playoffs ever again...

10. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

How about we do a second round contest too, for those of us whose brackets were messed up after the first round? :p

Eagles 17
    Bears 13

Packers 34 (Gotta believe...)
    Rams 31

Patriots 23
    Raiders 17

Steelers 20
    Ravens 10

#50 The Cat, Jan 13, 2002
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2002
  11. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

Eagles-17
    Bears-3

Patriots-27
    Raiders-20

Rams-34
    Packers-17

Ravens-17
    Steelers-7

12. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

I'm not going to predict any scores, but after yesterday, I will say this...

Watch out for the Ravens.

Their defense is peaking at the absolute right time, again.

Don't be surprised if it is a Baltimore/St. Louis Super Bowl this year.

13. Sonny

Sonny Contributing Member

Eagles-10 (they will be lucky to get 10)
    Bears-31

Philly is 7-1 on the road this year. With only 1 win versus a playoff team (tampa bay). Other wins were over Dallas, Seattle, NY Giants, KC, Washington and Arizona. The only good team they played on the road was San Fran who they lost too.

Say what you want about the Bears - they make it happen. They win the close games with big plays and suffocating Defense.

Raiders-27
    Patriots-28 (Patriots win with a big play) This one is a tossup.

Packers-24
    Rams-34 ( GB is only 5-3 on the road. Rams are hot)

Ravens-13
    Steelers-34 (Ravens had one good game, now they get popped.)

#53 Sonny, Jan 14, 2002
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2002
  14. Mr.Scary

Mr.Scary Member

Thanks Moe

I hope I can continue the streak next week in Foxboro.

15. Nomar

Nomar Member

It was a good game. That last minute interception killed, as did that blown call of the Bubba Franks fumble. But there were bull**** plays on both sides. The Pack shouldnt have missed that extra point, and the Niners shouldnt have missed that chipshot field goal, or that Owens touchdown pass that ended up an INT. But remember, the Niners are the 2nd youngest team in the league. They will be back next year.

Peterson and Plummer played very well. That bodes well for the future of the franchise.

16. franchise_3

franchise_3 Member

ah i went 3 outta 4 for the first round

17. mr_oily

mr_oily Member

Bears-18
    Eagles-10

Raiders-24
    Patriots-17

Rams-28
    Packers-24

Steelers-17
    Ravens-14

What the hell am I doing!?

BTW the best game this weekend will be Steelers vs. Ravens...i think.

BTW, I can't wait to add the TEXANS to this equation next year!!!!