1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Possible US Airstrikes on ISIS in Iraq

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by rocketsjudoka, Aug 7, 2014.

Tags:
  1. treeman

treeman Member

Know your enemy. I *highly* recommend watching this series if you want to know who we are facing here. Put your ideology aside, click the links. You will likely be shocked, angry, terrified, sickened... You will understand what is happening over there and why we MUST intervene.

Normally I dare you to click my links. Now I beg you to click on them and watch - from the source itself:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsCZzpmbEcs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzCAPJDAnQA

This is evil. It has to be stopped.

2. lol123

lol123 Member

I was about to post this

There's a part where a guy from Belgium talking to his son who looks less than 10 about whether he wants to be a jihad or a suicide bomber. You can tell the kid doesn't even know what the **** is happening but just goes a long with there sick ideology because that's what he has been preached his entire life. Schilling!

3. lol123

lol123 Member

A lot of these ****ers are from Europe.

Europe your immigration policy worse than US.

4. treeman

treeman Member

5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

25% of the posts in this thread are "red lines" to me, using a favorite phrase of his. The guy making them keeps lumping everyone who doesn't agree with his notions together is a nice pile labeled "Libtards," without regard for what members have posted, or what their posting history is. There's a reason I have him on ignore.

6. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

All of us can post crazy extremist stuff from lots of places all over the world. So what? It's not our business to fly around the world bombing people. This is a Muslim problem, an Iraqi problem, a Saudi problem. You can't solve that problem for them no matter how many people you kill.

7. treeman

treeman Member

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The US caused this problem when they destabilized Iraq by toppling their government and then abandoned them too quickly. You cause a mess, it's your responsibility to help clean it up. If we still had soldiers in Iraq, there would be no threat from ISIS outside of Syria, the ONLY reason they are a problem in Iraq is directly a result of US actions.

9. treeman

treeman Member

And BTW, for anyone on the fence: do note please who is making trying to make the discussion personal with attacks and who is providing the discussion and material for contemplation.

It should be obvious who wants to talk about the situation at hand - and who doesn't.

10. treeman

treeman Member

You're late Bob.

11. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

All I can think of that's remotely positive is to imagine how much worse it would be if McCain had his way and had supplied the "freedom fighters" against Assad with even better gear.

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Heh

I don't know about that, if we had stepped in and given the Syrian rebels support from the beginning they probably don't have to resort to taking help from extremists. They had no choice really, it was either take on support from anyone who would give it or have Assad crush them. Things didn't get extreme till long after we refused to help.

13. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

I'm not sure how many of those rebels are part of the "Islamic State" now. Is there any credible info on that?

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Intel is dicey at best, but from all I've heard, at the beginning the "rebels" weren't Islamic radicals, they were just people tired of the abuses of the Assad regime. The movement didn't have a lot of support early on and was on the verge of being overrun by Assad forces when they sought help from anyone who would offer it including the US. Shortly after that, the US turned them down and all sorts of militant Islamic groups showed up to help in the fight, over time they pretty much took over the entire movement and made them what they are now.

15. treeman

treeman Member

No disagreement here.

There was a point early on in the conflict in Syria when it would likely have been advantageous to supply the resistance with arms. By the time McCain was railing about it, though, the resistance had already been co-opted by the nutcases. I seem to remember an incident - kidnapping, I think - that took place while he was making a case live or something... Someone could look it up, I have looked up enough already. But yeah, I agree.

16. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

See what I mean? For a guy who is clearly an adult, you'd never know it from reading half the posts he makes here. He's like a 14 year old kid.

17. treeman

treeman Member

I thought I was a red line? :rolleyes:

You are the worst of the bunch at making it personal instead of discussing the topic. You ALWAYS focus on me to the exclusion of the topic at hand. I don't know what your obsession is with me, but it's just sorta... weird. And it's distracting (which is probably the point, I know).

Can we please keep the discussion on topic? This one is more important than your personal feelings about me, I think.

18. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

You started it, kid. I've posted a hell of a lot about the topic, in this thread and in other threads. When I see someone insulting others for no good reason in D&D, it's not unusual for me to say something about it to that person. Trust me, you aren't special. Just disappointing. As for reading a few of your posts, you clearly read posts from members you say you have on ignore all the time. Hypocrite.

19. treeman

treeman Member

Translation: Deckard has nothing new to add to this thread, so he will attack treeman in a tired old strategy of deflecting attention and changing the narrative.

Got it. Thanks for *again* contributing nothing to the conversation and distracting from it while serious people try to have a serious discussion. :rolleyes:

BTW, did you watch any of the vids I posted links to? They're very informative. They might even get you back on topic.

20. treeman

treeman Member

And sorry to backtrack, but... How *exactly* did I start it? Did I call you out? (No) Did I mention you in any way? (No) Did I repeatedly try to steer the conversation back on topic? (Yes) Did you repeatedly try to steer the topic back towards personal attacks on me? (Yes) Does anyone give a crapola either way? (No)

Would we rather see a pi$$ing match between Deckard and treeman (started by Deckard, BTW), or would we rather discuss the topic at hand? Show of hands?