1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Possible US Airstrikes on ISIS in Iraq

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by rocketsjudoka, Aug 7, 2014.

Tags:
  1. treeman

treeman Member

That's four useless posts in a row from you. Do you have anything to add to the conversation aside from personal attacks and #BlameBush?

I doubt it.

2. treeman

treeman Member

So... the Jews did it? :rolleyes:

3. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

What I want to know is when will the US get serious and start a hashtag campaign?

4. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

It just goes to show how insane the hate of many Muslims against Jews is. Even their own extremists (who want almost nothing more than to kill Jews) must be the Jews' fault. It's insane and perverted, really.

5. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

Not that I wouldn't completely dismiss out of hand any intelligence service's involvement in continuing to arm the enemy of their enemy, but I know that Iraqi Kurds in particular have a good relationship with Israel's security services.

ATW posted an article about Saudi intelligence funding them, the source being an ex-head of MI6, and I find that a lot less likely to be untrue, and a lot easier to believe.

6. ChievousFTFace

ChievousFTFace Contributing Member

Deji... The Bimathug of D&D!

7. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

treeclown crapping all over another thread. He can't help himself.

8. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Not the same group. These guys started in Syria and moved into Iraq.

The mistake was not addressing it correctly in Syria. Iraq had been stabilized but it was weakly stable.

Then Syria happens and no one wants to get involved. The world kinda stays out and that allows ISIS to come about and rise from a rag tag bunch into what it is today. The narrative that this is recycled extremist groups is simply not true. Those groups may have joined in once ISIS gained traction, but the mistake was not in leaving Iraq...it was in ignoring Syria.

9. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

I think that's really unfair. Treeman is posting relevant, coherent contributions to the thread instead of complaining about "liberals." I rewarded him for that with rep and hope he continues to do that.

We have the benefit of an Iraqi war veteran's perspective and it's a hell of a lot more informative than some talking heads I've seen on TV the last 48 hours who are ex-military "experts."

1 person likes this.
  10. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

treeman is posting interesting opinions. An example of "crapping over a thread" is your post above.

11. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

I don't think you really know his history here. He's perhaps the least credible expert on all things politics that this board has ever seen. Despite being proven wrong, not only wrong but incredibly laughably wrong, he believes he's some sort of expert on... oh, everything. He's here to lecture, not to discuss anything. He'll probably be calling people traitors any minute now as he's done in the past. But, it's not my intent to derail the thread so my apology to you. I have him on ignore already so it's just annoying to see his quotes by others.

12. Major

Major Member

This is true in general and you'll never mistake me for a treeman-defender, but he has not done that in this thread. He's had useful thoughts and reasonable tone here.

13. Major

Major Member

It's not entirely out there, depending on how far you go in assigning blame. By many measures, the US is responsible for the initial arming and creation of Al Qaeda after all. It's not entirely implausible to believe the US or Israel would try to use extremists against other extremists and have the whole genius plan backfire on them.

14. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Yes, it is entirely out there.

15. houstonhoya

houstonhoya Contributing Member

The US had no hand in Al Qaeda's emergence?

16. Major

Major Member

Except, of course, for the fact that it's happened before in our not-too-distant history.

17. treeman

treeman Member

CometsWin was one of the first to ever make my ignore list. Possible the most useless and deranged poster in the D&D... I do sometimes click on the red lines, but I never bother with CWs.

The libtards here hate my guts, and I am OK with that. All it tells me is that I am on the right track.

BTW, here's what we're up against:

WARNING GRAPHIC PHOTOS (RAW) - ISIS begins killing Christians in Mosul, CHILDREN BEHEADED

Islamic State terrorists have begun their promised killing of Christians in Mosul, and they have started with the children. According to a report via CNN, a Chaldean-American businessman has said that killings have started in Mosul and children's heads are being erected on poles in a city park.

http://www.catholic.org/news/international/middle_east/story.php?id=56481

I keep calling these guys evil - for a reason. Does anyone doubt me on this?

18. Major

Major Member

So much for the lack of namecalling. Oh well.

19. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

What does it matter? Are you seriously arguing that the US or Israel are behind ISIS? Are you seriously arguing that the US or Israel are behind Al Qaeda? What does it matter whether there was an initial hope that some extremists would cancel out other extremists? That still doesn't make them any less bad, and it doesn't mean that Israel or the USA are ideologically in any way behind any of these extremists. Why are you trying to create an impression that ISIS is either Israel's or the USA's fault? How ridiculous is that?

20. houstonhoya

houstonhoya Contributing Member

SHOCK TO THE SYSTEM. OMG