1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

POP3 Email Client?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Iron McFist, Sep 19, 2001.

1. Iron McFist

Iron McFist Member

Anyone know where I can find a decent POP3 Email client, that resembles Outlook Express (besides Eudora)

Anything's appreciated right now (both of those are screwy on my computer)

2. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

Netscape
    Opera
    I think they even make pine for windows now...

3. Mango

Mango Contributing Member

The Opera browser has an email client, but I have never used it.

<A HREF="http://download.cnet.com/downloads/0-3356720-601-1629129.html?tag=st.dl.3356720.&tag=st.dl.3356720-100-1629129.ur.3356720-601-1629129">Pegasus</A>

Mango

#3 Mango, Sep 19, 2001
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2001
  4. TraJ

TraJ Member

How about the one that comes as part of Sun's StarOffice? The only catch is that you might have to download the entire StarOffice suite to get it (close to about 75 MB). I'm not entirely sure you would have to; you might check with Sun Microsystems and see (www.sun.com).

5. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Pegasus was the first Windows-based email client I used, but that was 7 or so years ago, I think -- I have no idea what it looks like now. Eudora was the next client I used and I loved it. It was a very capable mail client. The only reason I switched was because I thought Outlook was slightly better. I like MS Outlook, but am considering switching yet again just to stick it to Microsoft. If you want some suggestions for possible e-mail clients, go here :

http://tucows.exp.net/mail95.html (for Win9x clients; they have links for other OS's there.)

You can also go to www.download.com and search for various email clients there.

Come back and let us know what you decided on. I'm personally thinking about switching to the Mac version of Eudora.

#5 Dr of Dunk, Sep 24, 2001
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2001
  6. Iron McFist

Iron McFist Member

Never mind, had to reformat anyways, so Outlook is working fine. (AllegroMail is like.. an almost exact copy of Outlook Express, if anybody is looking for one, now)