1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[POLL] Our biggest need to upgrade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by vlaurelio, May 27, 2013.

Tags:
?

you can choose more than one

1. PG

20.7%
  2. SG

1.8%
  3. SF

3.6%
  4. PF

86.2%
  5. C

6.9%
  6. Coach

16.3%
  7. Other

8.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

What do we need to upgrade in order to contend?

2. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

Another star level player, at the point would be ideal, but I just think we need a second star level guy regardless of where that guy plays.

3. Akim523

Akim523 Member

Everyone but Harden

4. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I would think this is an obvious answer. PF should win with like 80-90% of the votes.

5. BeardSanity

BeardSanity Member

like someone said, any position could be upgradable besides sg. We just need another star.

6. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Looking at our roster right now, it's obviously the power forward position. But that won't stop Morey or any other NBA General Manager from trying to sign and add another star player on his team regardless of what position he plays.

7. Sen89

Sen89 Member

We just need an elite big-man. Asik is obviously a high-quality C, but the need for an elite 2-way big overrides any positional need.

If that guy is a PF, wonderful. But if we look at it realistically, Howard is the only realistic option that fits the bill.

8. ihatekobe

ihatekobe Member

Morey will go after any Superstar player he can get a hold of. No matter what position.

9. awc713

awc713 Member

curious as to what applies to "other"...GM, owner?

10. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes, we're likely to get a(the) stud 4.

But, big picture, it as at the 1, where if we keep Jeremy Lin, as Les and many have been want to do, then no matter how brilliant the other moves Morey makes, we more than likely come up short of a title. And that should be the objective. I'm blown away at how good Harden is (and I was against then deal initially). But, bottom line for me is in spite of Beverly's presence, we can't have all that capspace tied up in a player of Lin's caliber and truly contend. As a lifetime/longtime Rockets fan, I'm just saying Leslie needs to cut the chord and put the best team out there....no margin of error for a title ..need to use our capspace efficiently. A high level of talent would be stepping on that court every night.I mean. It's incredible. Morey is an alchemist of the highest order. ....That we are even in a position to possibly put Harden, Howard, and another together is crazy.

#10 Plowman, May 27, 2013
    Last edited: May 27, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  11. lakersuck

lakersuck Member

How is this even a question? Greg Smith and DMO wouldn't start in any other playoff team.

12. Yang_Wenli

Yang_Wenli Member

Just about everything except the SG spot.

13. rocketblood713

Bill Ingram ‏@TheRocketGuy 16m
    A source with knowledge of the situation says Dwight Howard is "wide open" to Dallas. Mavs actually have the space to sign him, Rox don't.

14. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Mascot.

Clutch makes no sense. He's a bear. What do bears have to do with Rockets? Are there even any bears who are native to the Houston area? I don't think so.

15. King1

King1 Contributing Member

This is pretty obvious. PF

16. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

The first man to walk on the moon was actually a bear in a human suit.

But the answer is anything but SG, with our weakest position being PF.

17. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

I think Harden will be better which will elevate the team as well. He didn't get to train last off-season as the number one option. Better conditioning may translate into an increase in scoring and better defense.

Every other starting position could be upgraded but who's to say that a few of the guys we have now can't get better... Some times great players don't look great in their first or second year.

18. 13 in 33

13 in 33 Member

PF for sure. LaMarcus Aldridge or Al Horford would be a perfect fit for the Rockets. We would have to give up some young assets but I believe we can make it work. In my opinion, there is no better fit for the needs of this team. Both are young (Aldridge is 27 and Horford is 26) with reasonable contracts and have great midrange games. Having one of these two on the team would instantly make us a contender.

19. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

Our BIGGEST need to upgrade would be PF, but like a lot of people have already said every position can be upgraded except SG.

20. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

I have no idea what a bear has to do with Houston but of the games I went to during the past few years prior to this year _ Clutch was the main attraction at many of them.

Clutch is fine... Miss Turbo though...