1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Poll: Mike Tyson punches annoying passenger, deserved?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by TimDuncanDonaut, Apr 23, 2022.

?

Did the passenger deserve it?

1. Yes

28 vote(s)
    93.3%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    6.7%
  1. TimDuncanDonaut

[​IMG]

Former heavyweight boxing champion Mike Tyson appeared to punch a man multiple times on a plane Wednesday night, allegedly leaving the victim bloodied.

According to TMZ Sports, video appeared to show Tyson striking the man, who was seated behind him. The incident occurred at San Francisco International Airport at 10:30 p.m. PT on a flight that was preparing to leave for Florida.

A witness, who is the victim's friend, told TMZ that Tyson was initially cordial and even took a selfie with them, but when his friend didn't heed Tyson's warning to stop bothering him, the former pugilist allegedly lashed out physically.

The witness said Tyson walked off the plane seconds later, while the man reportedly received medical attention and went to the police.

"Unfortunately, Mr. Tyson had an incident on a flight with an aggressive passenger who began harassing him and threw a water bottle at him while he was in his seat," Tyson's representatives told TMZ in a statement,

Tyson, 55, is one of the most famous and successful fighters of all time. He won each of his first 37 professional fights and retired with a career record of 50-6, including 44 wins by way of knockout.

2. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

If you go out of your way to pester, annoy, and throw things at Mike Tyson, you can't then complain when he beats the **** out of you. This should be written into law.

ElPigto, T_Man, Slyonebluejay and 3 others like this.
  3. Buck Turgidson

Have you seen the wondertwin dipshits in the D/D recently?

TimDuncanDonaut and Os Trigonum like this.
  4. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

The beat down wasn’t harsh enough.

5. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

If he’s going to pick a fight with Mike, then he should at least try to get a punch or two in. Mike had the bad angle and all I saw was a bunch of whiffs. Not sure how the guy got the scratches. Must have been rings swiping his face per the misses.

6. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm very against fighting in public but as I said in the other thread I'm sympathetic. Further hitting Tyson with a water bottle can be considered assault and while it wasn't life threatening Tyson can respond. Knowing Tyson's abilities he certainly held back also.

7. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think it's obvious that Tyson held back. I think if he really wanted to he could've done much much more damage.

8. VanityHalfBlack

Hell yeah deserved. Respect your elders

9. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

So --- why did this guy throw a water bottle at him? How did it escalate to that point? He was pestering Tyson, Tyson told him to STFU, and then the water bottle was thrown?

Anyway, I'll say the guy probably didn't deserve to get beat down by Mike Tyson, even if he was being a jerk.

10. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Tyson was a pro. He can't just go punching guys for free. He undermines the wages of all those young aspiring boxers trying to get paid to punch people.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  11. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Fortunately, I have not. I don't even know who that would be, but I'll say that generally, people who post 8,000 words per day are on my ignore list.

12. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I'm just happy we have two threads to discuss this important issue.

ElPigto and dmoneybangbang like this.
  13. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Saw the video, and I've changed my mind. It appears he was purposely trying to provoke him.