1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Poll] How many games does this team win next season?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by harold bingo, Jul 3, 2023.

?

How many games does this team win next season

1. <25

6 vote(s)
    1.3%
  2. 25-28

25 vote(s)
    5.3%
  3. 29-32

70 vote(s)
    15.0%
  4. 33-36

155 vote(s)
    33.1%
  5. 37-40

114 vote(s)
    24.4%
  6. 41-44

65 vote(s)
    13.9%
  7. 45+

33 vote(s)
    7.1%
  1. a time to chill

My theory is that if they win at least 40 games then Stone doesn't have to make any drastic moves this offseason. You can afford to bring the starting lineup back next year hoping for internal growth while tweaking the bench (e.g. trading players like Tate, Landale, Holiday, etc.).

If they win less than that then they can't afford to bring back the same starting lineup and will need to make a big trade (i.e. "go star hunting") to ensure playoff contention. In my view the stakes for the remaining games are high because it determines whether drastic changes are needed this offseason.

2. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Do they pick up the option on Landale with Adams already on the roster and expected to back up Alpi next season? Also, what's Holiday's contract situation? Is he not just signed for one year?

3. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

35-35.

4. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Now we need to win 40 so that nobody loses the bet.

5. conquistador#11

41-44 was my vote. More faith than some of these trolls who claim team.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  6. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I said 44-38...at full strength. With Tari and Alpi and Amen available the whole season (and Jalen playing decent the first half of the season), I think it would have happened.

7. KingCheetah

Nope.

8. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Team expectations next season should be 50 wins.

The sad part is with how deep the West is that probably is only good for the 8th seed.

kspires999 and AroundTheWorld like this.
  9. CXbby

CXbby Member

Fred has produced as expected, he is currently the 23rd best player in the league as measured by dunksandthrees’s EPM metric (what I consider to be the best one available). The sga(impact on winning) comparison looks silly now because Sga took a major leap and is the 2nd best player in the league now according to EPM. Sengun has improved as expected and became our second best player. Jalen has actually improved as I expected coming into the season! Unfortunately he was so bad the first half that I completely gave up on him, but he’s making up for it now. Udoka has been as good as hoped.

Jabari has made a bigger jump than year 2 Jalen, in fact he may be our most improved player this year.

Amen has been way better than I expected (I had no expectations). We did in fact bring him off the bench and play him limited minutes like I expected Ime to, but he has earned himself a major role and is now one of our top 3-4 players.

Oof. We lost kpj, and the fact that we are still on track as a team to reach my projection is a testament to how much the others have reached or exceeded expectations, namely Sengun, Jalen, Jabari and Amen.

Dillion has played exactly how I expected him to, staying in line, thanks to Udoka.

The line actually came out at 28.5 and I in fact pounded it, making the biggest sports bet I’ve ever done (I don’t gamble on sports much). Eventually the line settled at 31.5(which I also took). Tari has played only 22 games. Landale was unplayable for most of the season before finally finding his form. And now Sengun is out for the year. The way that we are still playing despite all that is credit to Ime Udoka. Sengun stans, Jalen stans, Ime is the true franchise player, he’s building more than a team, he’s building a culture.

#409 CXbby, Mar 24, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2024
  10. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

What's the prediction for nationals televised games next year? I'm assuming it's going to sky rocket compared to the past three seasons.

Barkley and Smith are going to have to start talking about the Rockets now and can't wait for their cringe takes.

Ancient Moabite and B-Bob like this.
  11. CXbby

CXbby Member

28.5 was a generational opportunity this year. I think next year the line will come out around 38-40 wins, which is another decent bet. Our 6 young players should all continue to improve, plus adding Adams and another top 10 rookie(or who we trade him for).

12. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Yeah, the wisdom of the crowd was right. We've sniffed the mid-30's and still want moar.

And, with apologies to Rockets' history...
    [​IMG]

Seriously, I will be so so happy if we run down the Worriers. I've been listening to their radio blowhards for months talk about playoff positioning and playoff matchups, all a foregone conclusions, lulz.

Ancient Moabite and KingCheetah like this.
  13. KingCheetah

Savant.

napalm06 likes this.
  14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The consensus Over Under Line was at 31.5........you can be sure a lot of us won.....

15. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

I thought they would start out slow learning the new system and players. Figured they'd come together by the ASB and play much better down the stretch. So far it's been just that. Original gut feeling was 42 wins and a potential playin situation. There was definitely a time I thought no way.... But the way they're playing lately:eek:

42 it is!

AND the playin!!!

Ancient Moabite likes this.
  16. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Who do you think that player or player(s) are?

17. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

My 38W + or - 2 prediction still holds. A month ago, I thought it would barely reach the lower end of 36. Now it may bust the high end 40. Winning at least 5 more in the last 12 games looks very possible.

18. Y2JT

Y2JT Member

I would keep Jock. It is time for Boban to move on, someone who can actually contribute can have the roster spot.. Jeff Green may also move on. Sengun, Adams and Landale is very good center depth.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It will always begin with 82 Wins and then minus........minus.....minus....

IBTL likes this.
  20. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Never voted originally, but I would have said about 33-36. Just about 11, 12 wins higher than last year.