1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[POLL] Do you think Kavanaugh is a sex offender?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Astrodome, Sep 26, 2018.

?

Do you think Kavanaugh is a sex offender?

1. Yes

50.9%
  2. No

33.5%
  3. Waiting for testimony

19.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Nothing comes out of it now but if a Democrat wins the presidency something could come out of it.

Mentioned before but SCOTUS judges can be impeached. If an investigation condemns him then he will (or should) be impeached. This was a riskier nomination and if the GOP were smart they probably would have backed away from it when they had a chance to, but they really wanted to get one over on the libs and if he really is the scumbag that these women claim and he took advantage of them and it is figured out then the libs will have the last laugh.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  2. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Kavanaugh is not stupid enough to sue for libel. Perjury in a court of law just might be ... an impeachable offense for a sitting USSC justice.

Also only a low information idiot would take legal advice the Criminal in Chief.

3. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

I don't even know what this is suppose to mean. I think you are trying to claim that a call for Kavanaugh to sue journalists is not rational (just emotional). To properly make this argument you would want to explain why its irrational. For example, you would explain why journalists smearing Kavanaugh with numerous provably fake rape allegations is reasonable behavior.

NYT this weekend ran and article about Stier's claim that Kavanaugh 'had his penis forced into the hands of a woman by his frat mates' . They failed to mention in the article that the woman has no recollection of this (according to her friends). Nor does anyone bunt Stier. They then put out this tweet before deleting it (probably because they remembered that Ramirez isn't credible at all). Is this acceptable journalistic behavior to you?

#663 tallanvor, Sep 15, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2019
  4. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Right . But it looks like everything you’ve said is post investigation... which may or may not happen. Depends on who wins presidency , and congress right ?

My man in the race is Yang . I dunno what he thinks . But I think making Kavanaugh an issue right now doesn’t help anyone but trump .

IMO our country moving forward has to be about more than just making it better for women . Especially if the way we are doing it is retroactively punishing sex offenders .

Most men don’t want to rape . When an issue like this is pushed front and center it equivocates men to doing bad . If you want to talk about sexual violence talk about it as a whole . Talk about violence in prison . Talk about it in the context of one person taking advantage of another.

As far as the republicans go . Right now they are winning . He’s on the court and it will be harder to get him off than it was to put him on.

JayGoogle and FranchiseBlade like this.
  5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Oh, I agree it will be hard to take him off but it was a risk to put him on. I am just saying it is far from impossible to remove him on the court versus someone that doesn't have the baggage he does.

If the Democrats win the 2020 election I would be surprised if we don't get further investigations, it is a SCOTUS seat after all, and the GOP could have prevented that by just nominating someone with a cleaner background.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  6. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Yes I think it is about emotion but only about the emotions of Trumps supporters. Not Kavanaughs emotions. Trump supporters are with Trump and now Kavanaugh 99.9% because of emotions, not practicality or self interest.

This is why I doubt Kavanaugh would actually go through with a defamation lawsuit. It’s problematic for about 115 reasons. Reason #1 being he is a SCOTUS.

Also as a SCOTUS, like the president, his only risk is a political risk of impeachment. Suing in a way that will allow for more airing of evidence, and keeping this in the MSM spotlight for longer and longer does nothing for Kavanaughs general public standing. It only makes him look petty and abusive of his power in such high office.

Trumps tweet and your parroting of it is nothing more than a tactic to trigger a call to arms so to speak of like minded Fox News watchers to stand up and fight the liberal deep state who are coming for you and your team members. “He should sue!” is just a cheap rallying cry and ultimately about support for the cleric who is Trump. Not necessarily Kavanaugh. He’s just a team member under the umbrella.

It’s sad and feel sorry for someone whose world is so emotionally fragile.

#666 dobro1229, Sep 15, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2019
  7. tallanvor

You failed to answer anything I wrote. How do you feel about all the false rape stories the media have pushed against kavanaugh?

Also your six paragraph rants come off far more emotional than anything I write. So does the fact you call agreeing with trump 'parroting trump'

8. mick fry

mick fry Member

Avenatti up to his old tricks again? You guys never learn, it’s beyond sad at this point it’s straight up pathetic.

9. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

[Premium Post]
    Actually, it's the liberals who use emotion to make decisions... conservatives use logic. And in the case of Kavanaugh, literally ALL of the evidence and testimony to date points to him NOT having committed the allegations. All of it. There's not a single shred of evidence that supports the allegations.

Liberals, including the NYT, lack any type of self awareness. Liberals, the same people who want to let transvestites use the women's bathroom and are in favor of aborting babies who are ready to be born, are the same people mounting their 'high' horse and lecturing people on sexual assault... based on false accusations that they conjured up to smear Kavanaugh and take back SCOTUS. It boggles my mind how liberals thought that this line of attack would work. And it should sicken your conscious to know that the media and many senators (Booker, Klobuchar, Harris, etc) were willing to drop all integrity and play along with this entire dishonest scheme. All to stop a conservative majority on SCOTUS. Liberals = no morals.

GOOD DAY

mick fry likes this.
  10. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

11. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

The entire Trump Chud Squad has arrived en masse to breathlessly defend yet another **** tier person Donald has selected for a position they are utterly unqualified to hold.

Once again... Nerve touched.

Nook, Rashmon, FranchiseBlade and 2 others like this.
  12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

We have to stop allowing the good ole white boys network to support their racist, mysoginistic policies - call them out and impeach them.

Time to impeach, and prosecute.

DD

13. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

[Premium Post]
    Yeah! Because the NYT and a group of partisan hacks said so! (even though the alleged victim has no recollection of the event).

My goodness it's astonishing how quickly liberals turn their back on due process. Mob outrage and hearsay is more important than actual evidence! It's not possible to look more ignorant than today's liberals. Have they already forgotten how these dishonest sexual attack smears against Kavanaugh cost them dearly in the midterms?? Truly stupid people!

GOOD DAY

14. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

FIFY.

15. mick fry

mick fry Member

No nerve touched here just amusing to watch the typical morons rush in to accept allegations as truth even after countless examples telling them to take it slow maybe test the waters a little bit and make sure you have a leg to stand on but oh hell no here they come again jumping in with both feet into another big ol pile of ****. Libtards- Fool me a million times still shame on you.

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

When the NYT prints something - they have generally done the research - you know why they won't be sued? Because the NYT is a respected journalistic publication.

They research and double check their sources - this is not an opionion channel like Faux news, this is a hard core news rag. Republicans that ridicule the news are like cockroaches, they can't stand it when the lights come on...so they run scurrying about trying to blame the press - and fool their ignorant base.

Thank GOD for true journalism like the Times.

DD

17. mick fry

mick fry Member

[​IMG]

18. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yeah, I'm sure random right-wing blogs are more reputable for you.

FranchiseBlade and B-Bob like this.
  19. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If you aren't a rapist you aren't fit to be a man according to right wingers. So they are even more happy with Kavanaugh now.

20. tallanvor

The NYT just fixed their smear piece. Super respectable NYT forgot to mention the supposed victim says it never happened....

mick fry likes this.