1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[POLL] Do you think Kavanaugh is a sex offender?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Astrodome, Sep 26, 2018.

?

Do you think Kavanaugh is a sex offender?

1. Yes

50.9%
  2. No

33.5%
  3. Waiting for testimony

19.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

A lot of information has been coming out. Where do you stand at this point?

No Worries likes this.
  2. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I don't know. I don't think testimony will change that. The 2nd accuser's account is extremely plausible.

The first one now appears to at least have been talking about this for a few years now, but it is curious that she didn't tell anybody alive in the 30 years before and then suddenly started talking about it. Could be seeing his name somewhere brought back these memories. IDK. She deserves the benefit of doubt, but ultimately so o does Kavanaugh if better info isn't discovered.

I don't think he should be confirmed based on his previous dishonesty while under oath.

Nook likes this.
  3. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Which I think should be the basis of a poll... do you think kavanaugh is an honest person? Which I don't, and agree, he shouldn't be a USSC justice based on his lack of honesty.

4. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Yes. I think that there is a 51% chance.

5. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

I do not think it can be proven that he is a sex offender. However, he is not telling the whole truth.

6. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

I don't know, but he is lying about being a choir boy.

7. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't know. I voted to wait for testimony. But I'm not waiting for the testimony they have lined up. I'm waiting for testimony where the person was named as a witness/participant is actually allowed to be questioned as well.

Nook likes this.
  8. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I have no idea, probably will never know for sure. The timing of this whole thing, especially after 30 years makes it hard to get an actual answer.

9. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

He is not a high integrity person and is dishonest at best. As for sex offender, no ideas. I don't think the testimony is likely going to change anything for me. It's not going to be fair and will be bias, politic and all. An independent investigation is what's best, but some people are afraid of that, so we are here.

p.s. i checked all 3 options

seemoreroyals, Nook and juicystream like this.
  10. edwardc

edwardc Member

Would like to see more facts in the case but it won't happen GOP will not allow it rushing to put him in when they stalled 14 months while 44 was in office.

seemoreroyals and juicystream like this.
  11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Someone posted something that was keen to me
    This is a Job Interview
    background checks and drug testing are routine for 'regular america'
    So I don't see why its a big deal that this is happening to him
    People act like this process is suppose to be a rubber stamp

Other people have loss lesser jobs for lesser bullshit reason
    "I didn't hire him because he had an ethnic name .. . . . . "

Not hiring him because you not sure if he is a sexual predator or not . . . .. well that sounds like a better reason than most

Rocket RIver

12. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

Crappy situation all around.

You just know that there are people who will make false claims about others, and it's just horrible that this could happen in this day and age where people are tried, convicted, AND very much punished by the court of public opinion.

Also, you just know that WAY TOO MANY women have lived with the shame of rape for years and years and years because of the FACT that coming forward means they themselves will be put on trial. And IF their rapist just happened to be a candidate for the Supreme Court of the United States--someone who could be at the very pinnacle of shaping US case law--what an utterly horrible situation to be in. You've already lived a good chunk of your life with the shame of being raped and not reporting it, and now you get this hung around your neck? Just horrible.

Deckard, Sajan and Ottomaton like this.
  13. biina

biina Member

The account written by his close friend, Mark Judge, is a serious indictment of his character and gives the most unbiased view of the things Kavanugh did back then

da_juice likes this.
  14. No Worries

After the train allegation,

I am now 52% sure.

15. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

[​IMG]

BruceAndre and No Worries like this.
  16. No Worries

It could be a ghost train, man. You just never know.

17. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I don't know and I don't care. I just know the process is ****.

18. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

How could you possibly think Kavanaugh is a sex offender without more information?

BruceAndre, Nook and Sajan like this.
  19. RightTooCensor

No. I still haven't seen the slightest bit of evidence that would lead me to believe he could be a sex offender. The only people I could see vote Yes are those with opposing political views who use that to cloud logic.

20. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I don't believe Kavanaugh since he is trying too hard to be a perfect Boy Scout about all this stuff, but I still have trouble believing everything is as dramatic as stated. There was obviously a party scene that everyone was involved in, but the first two stories have major corroboration problems. I do love the last woman who came out about the gang rape drug parties that she kept going to over and over and did nothing about. I'm not trying to blame the victim since she said it happened to her but ¯\_(⊙_ʖ⊙)_/¯

Out of general curiosity I wish one of the parents involved with all these people would say something. They are far more likely to remember if any crazy stuff happened in their houses or if their kids were up to crazy stuff. I'm more than willing to bet parents were around for some of these parties too. It's just how that rich kid scene works. Also, let's not forget how uber-wealthy the backgrounds of these people are. It's not like these rager parties are going to be going on without any kind of notice at all by adults.