1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Policeman's Taunts Caught on Tape

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by CharlieMurphy, Sep 14, 2007.

1. CharlieMurphy

CharlieMurphy Contributing Member

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3f9mj37SeMY"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3f9mj37SeMY" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
    Wow. That cop's a dumbass. Halfway into the video, the cop finds out that he's being recorded and starts to act all nice, justifying his actions/taunts. WTF? That cop is an f'en idiot.

http://news.aol.com/story/_a/police...e/20070913152009990001?ncid=NWS00010000000001

2. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

Cops are dicks. period.

3. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

wtf is that clicking noise?!

4. oomp

oomp Contributing Member

Most cops are dumb jocks whose dreams died when their knees blew out playing football. They have to take it out on someone...

5. DonkeyMagic

Supporting Member

yup...all cops are dicks

:rolleyes:

6. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

WHAT IS THAT FUKING CLICKING!!!!???????

7. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

There are some bad cops but I believe most cops are good, at least I haven't met the bad ones (maybe that's because i live in a small city). They have been very helpful when I need them, the only time they didn't help me was in Phily one time the cops drove away real fast when we tried to ask them directions.

8. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

There has GOT to be a Reno 911 joke in there somewhere...

9. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

There are far more good cops than bad ones...its just the good ones rarely get tv time while the bad ones do.

funnily enough, at least a half dozen guys I knew in HS ended up as cops.

every one of them were football players.

Every one of those guys became a cop cause they wanted to make their cities better places....one of them died for it.

RIP Les. Always in my thoughts bro. :(

10. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There are some that are control freaks within their sphere of influence....not unlike many high school and college coaches.

At the same time it's a dangerous job and I can understand how it can harden/make cynical some people that don't have a grasp on the bigger picture.

11. bladeage

I remember a couple years back I was working at WingStop and we got robbed at gunpoint. The cop that came to take the report was the biggest ******* ever. The girl working there, who was the one who got the gun pointed at her, was really shook up and crying. So the ******* starts laughing and smiling, asking if it was her first time. He was a real dick. When we tried to help her, he would tell us to shutup and leave her alone. All he did was make everything worse. Ever since that day I have hated cops with a passion. I do not trust them one bit. It could also be because of the area I live in, Parker & I45. The robbery happened on Airline & Parker.

12. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

One bad apple...

13. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Law enforcement attracts two very different personalities. Some people become cops because they sincerely want to help people. Some people become cops because they are insecure twits on a power trip. Once this second group of people make it on to a police force they are very dangerous.

Just think of how this scenario could have played out.

First, if there had not be a recording of the incident nothing would have ever happened to this cop.

Second, the cop was working himself up into a frenzy before he realized he was being taped. This could have easily escalated into physical assault or worse to the guy who got pulled over. Again, without a tape, or many unimpeachable witnesses, the cop would never receive any punishment for the crime.

Police perform an invaluable and dangerous job, but the nature of the job also provides an opportunity for incredible abuse. On the whole, I don't think police get enough oversight to prevent or punish this abuse.

14. bladeage

There is actually only one type of cop in Mexico, the 2nd kind.

15. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

This is now, what, the fourth post saying this?

How many bad apples need to be uncovered before the whole damn bag of apples starts to rot for not outing and getting rid of the "bad" ones?

How many of these good apples are really bad and you have no earthly idea?

Please. authority + insulation from accountability = trouble.

16. First Lady

First Lady Member

Are you allowed to report that? I hate those cocky cops.

17. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

First of all, that guy should be BEATEN SEVERELY for playing whatever GOD AWFUL music that was at the beginning of the video.

The guy was being a dick. The cop was cool until he started with the "what did I do wrong?" schtick. You can't deny that he started it. But the cop totally lost it and deserves what ever happens to him because of this.

But yeah, that driver was being a dick.

I get pulled over about 3 times a year and the cops are always exactly how I am with them. If I'm cool with them, they're cool with me.

One time in Tomball, I had a warrant out for my arrest (for another ticket) and got pulled over. I had all my music gear in the back of my truck. The guy told me I had a warrant and told me he would give me a break and not arrest me because he was a musician too and didn't want anything to happen to my gear if my car was impounded. I promised I would take care of the ticket on Monday. I saw him and thanked him when I went to the courthouse a few days later.

#17 ima_drummer2k, Sep 14, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2007
  18. DonkeyMagic

Supporting Member

true..."i cant park in a parking lot?!".

19. First Lady

First Lady Member

Btw what was he doing in that parking lot anyways? Eating a taco he got from TB drive thru? Or was he fishing for a cop?

Also, this is off topic, but I've noticed those cops on "To Catch a Predator" would always run up to those potential pedophiles and tackle them down while most of these guys looks like skinny little lanky harmless guys. I've always thought that there were no need for those aggression from the cops and all that weapons sticking up in the air.

20. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

I don't actually believe all cops are bad it is just a stereotype labeled on them by the bad ones. Much like some people think all blacks are lazy or all whites are racist. These are not true but one bad experience has labeled the entire group.