1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    The Timberwolves are roughing up the Nuggets, can they hold on for a Game 2 win? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Point Guard Prospects for Rockets in 2015 Draft: Jerian Grant vs. Kris Dunn vs. Delon Wright

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Clutch, Mar 23, 2015.

?

If Rockets pick late lotto and go point guard, who would you like to see in Houston?

1. Jerian Grant (Notre Dame)

59 vote(s)
    44.0%
  2. Kris Dunn (Providence)

38 vote(s)
    28.4%
  3. Delon Wright (Utah)

17 vote(s)
    12.7%
  4. Other (Please specify)

20 vote(s)
    14.9%
  1. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

I still believe Morey will :

1. retain Bev.
    2. keep looking for better option in FA.
    3. or make a big trade (by trading this pick away).
    4. or draft an overseas player and all in for FA.

2. ironariza

ironariza Member

dont like all of them!

just trade the pick

3. NBAphenom

NBAphenom Member

[Video] Delon Wright 2015 NBA Draft Scouting Video - Weaknesses

Delon Wright 2015 NBA Draft Scouting Video - Strengths

[YOUTUBE]wRYsYIkdeZ4[/YOUTUBE]

Delon Wright 2015 NBA Draft Scouting Video - Weaknesses

[YOUTUBE]qaAlRa0uhKk[/YOUTUBE]

4. nwcougar

nwcougar Member

I would love to see the Rockets draft Kris Dunn. He shot 50% from 2 and 35% from 3 this year but got better as the season progressed. He basically overcame two shoulder injuries from previous seasons and was a late start as a McDonald's All-American out of high school. Honestly, he reminds me of Russell Westbrook but with better stats coming out of college. Similar build and great at attacking the basket.

5. RocketsFan0

RocketsFan0 Member

Cameron Payne.

6. Zfan

Zfan Member

I vote Tyrus Jones.
    True PG with mature playmaking skills. Smart player with quick decision making. No over-dribble which is very good when James Harden is here. Just imagine how great when he runs pick n roll with Capella. Leading Duke to championship has raised the stock. Worth to draft anyways.

7. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

tyus has no defense...if we'll draft a PG, he should complement harden and at the same time can take over if coming from the bench

8. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

Do u remember the MOP in last year? Lebron James said that guy was the best pg in 2014 draft

9. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Tyus Jones looks really short. He's listed at 6'1" but looks more like 5'11" to me.

I will say that Kris Dunn looks like the kind of player the Rockets like, though. Poor FT shooting and tons of TOs. :)

#69 Haymitch, Apr 8, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2015
  10. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

I saw him play live at NRG, he's more like 5'9

11. CertifiedTroll

Tyus is a player I would be willing to pick up, but only late in the second round. He has a lot of confidence, but as a GM I would be worried if his game translates.

12. Zfan

Zfan Member

Yes you are right. Nappier has disappeared. Great college players often fail in nba. Judging one's potential is never easy. That's why rofessional teams hiring scouts. Even with the helps of scouts, draft is still a gamble. I remember how i excited when they drafted Royce White. He looked like a real deal to me then. Now looking back is like a cruel joke.
    This year i put my bet on Tyrus Jones. He won't be worse then Royce White. :cool:
    Scouts think Tyrus would be a late 1st rounder before NCAA final. My hope was having him slip to 2nd round so that Rockets could pick him. Now, after final, his stock may rise to the middle of 1st round. Luckily Rockets have a 13-15th pick. Lets see whats in morey in mind. :grin:

13. The Stig

The Stig Member

Trade up for Winslow or Russell. Lefty players tend to do well in Houston!

14. basketballholic

He reminds me of the kind of guy that can give guys like Westbrook, Curry, CP3, and all the rest fits defensively because of his length, athleticism, and grit. He is the best defender at the point of all the point guards in this draft. I can easily envision him meeting Westbrook at the top with Ariza/Brewer on the wing.

Kris Dunn tore the labrum in his right shoulder in June of 2012 and had surgery to repair it. He missed the start of his freshman season but played the final 25 games. The next season he re-injured the same right shoulder when he dove on the floor and another player rolled over it. Second surgery in December of 2013. Missed rest of his sophomore season, only played in first 4 games. So, this year he was essentially coming off 2 major shoulder surgeries to his right shoulder.

In his first 14 games he averaged:
    31 minutes per game
    12.57 Points per game
    47.8% from the field
    24% from the 3-point line
    64.5% from the FT line
    5.357 Rebounds per game
    7.43 Assists per game
    2.79 Steals per game

In his last 19 games he averaged:
    36.26 minutes per game
    17.84 Points per game
    47.24% from the field
    40.4% from the 3-point line
    70.9% from the free throw line
    5.5 Rebounds per game
    7.53 Assists per game
    2.68 Steals per game

You can see he really came on the last 2/3's of the season and his shooting/scoring efficiency went up across the board. This is reflected at the free throw line as well.

His shoulder (because he's has 2 surgeries on it) will be somewhat of a red flag. But I would think he'd be our top PG draft target if he is still on the board when we are on the clock as long as he checks out medically.

I'm not concerned about his shooting if he's healthy. This is the point guard I want out of this draft if we can't get D'Angelo (and we can't). I want this guy over Mudiay even.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/KuvRsdMxfng" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#74 basketballholic, Apr 8, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2015
  15. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Hearing Providence really pushing Kris Dunn to come back for a 4th year, telling him he's a late 1st round pick, but will go Top-5 in 2016.</p>&mdash; Jonathan Givony (@DraftExpress) <a href="https://twitter.com/DraftExpress/status/587643199159738369">April 13, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

16. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

There's no guarantee in that, bird in the hand man

17. i3artow i3aller

A Senior hasn’t been a top 5 pick in 15 years.
    Do not believe Providence, Kris Dunn. Go get your money.
    Shammgod is probably filling this poor kid's head w/ NBA horror stories [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

"I could've been a contender, Kris, if only I hadn't jumped to the L after my Sophomore year."

18. i3artow i3aller

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/o2Oty2opv7s?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

19. basketballholic

I have a feeling that Dunn is going to go lottery and we're going to have to move up to 10-12 to get him. Can't see any way OKC passes on him at 14.

20. SK34

SK34 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Yahoo Sources: Providence guard Kris Dunn, a possible lottery pick, plans to return for his junior season. <a href="http://t.co/yhTtLUlMjB">http://t.co/yhTtLUlMjB</a></p>&mdash; Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/590956357207121920">April 22, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>