1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Play calling

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BigMaloe, Jun 19, 2021.

1. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Boy. What a game that game 7 of bucks vs nets was.

I've seen it so many times as a Rockets fan with James and Mike at the helm.

Now it's Durant Mike and Steve.

Same result.

Trust the stars in the moment and hope for the heroics.

We had a bunch of amazing time with ja.es because of it.

But, you get the rebound, last possession to tie or take the lead and "as a coach" after a loooong game, including overtime and multiple heroics already.

You should call a time out, catch your breath, draw a play, and give yourself the best shot.

I'm really starting to see how the MDA staff let Harden dictate and determine games, but also how it lacks coaching ability.

Total mishap tonight by that squad, and reminiscent of years past.

Good luck Phoenix

RayRay10 likes this.
  2. Reeko

Reeko Member

Nets went to 24-7 small ball and were only playing about 7 guys since Kyrie’s injury with 1 of those guys being Harden who was nowhere near 100%…Harden did not get all the way to the rim once in the 3 games he played this series…he had a few floaters, but did not have a single layup right at the rim, and then he was bricking his threes which is a common occurrence

the Nets gave up 18 offensive rebounds, including numerous off missed free throws…it killed them…it often stopped their momentum

Joe Harris, 1 of the best shooters in the league during the regular season, just choked…he choked hard this series

at the end of the day tho, if the Nets were fully healthy or even just had 2 of the Big 3 at full health, Milwaukee wouldn’t have lasted more than 5 games

saleem likes this.
  3. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Bucks would have won in 5 or 6 if the refs didn't let Bruce Brown
    go GSW's moving screens all series. Saw the dude launch himself
    into a Buck near the free throw in game two.....and the refs called
    a foul on the Buck.

I would like Tate, KMjr, Wood to get away with screens like Bruce Brown.....moving
    feet and lunging shoulders into people.

#3 ApacheWarrior, Jun 19, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2021
  4. BigMaloe

I'm not here to debate any of this.

I'm just saying, as a coaching staff its a gross error to not call a timeout on the last possession.

I'm welll aware the injuries and circumstances.

RayRay10, saleem and ApacheWarrior like this.
  5. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

I miss James harden.

6. BigMaloe

All rationale folks do

RayRay10 and Downtown Sniper like this.
  7. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

For sure. The Bucks lucked out.

8. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I do too, but we need to put all that behind us.
    TF is the main problem. No one knows what he will do apart from saving the LT.

9. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

The last like, 13 minutes of the game including OT was just a sh*t show from the Nets.

All they needed to do was play smart basketball having that 5 point lead and they couldn't do that.

They just made it easy for the Bucks to stop them by walking it up and holding it out the top of the key letting the defenders rest possession after possession bar whoever was on Durant.

The league really needs to stop the fascination thinking great players translate into great coaches. Nash the player would have been amazing for that Nets team to close the game with the lead. Nash the 'coach'. Non-existent. I never believed he was existent and I think it was a gimmick hire. But boy oh boy Brooklyn that was woeful.

BigMaloe and saleem like this.