1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Phillies @ Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Jun 30, 2005.

1. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

This team has officially lost it's mind. That's some serious heart, being able to pull out a 2-1 game, with Roy-O going the distance. We're now 38-17 ever since that atrocious 15-30 start.

Despite his frequent strategical blunders, my hat's off once again to Scrap Iron. Once again, he's found a way to turn it around under impossible circumstances. He's rallied despite having a 5-8 lineup of Lane, Everett, Burke, and Ausmus. This team is playing with some serious swagger right now. Let's keep it going.

Astros Win! Astros Win!

2. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

God, too bad we don't have Beltran and his ~.320 OBP and $15mil/year salary. Up your's Dreighton.

3. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Bruntlett is a better LF than Berkman. If it were to go to extras, he wouldn't come up for probably 3 innings. It wasn't that risky of a move.

4. Buck Turgidson

Please elaborate.

Bruntlett is the best defensive OF on the team.

5. Saint Louis

Saint Louis Member

You don't want your most important offensive player testing a recovering knee by trying to score at home. Imagine everyones complaining if Berkman stays in, is trying to score and while sliding into home tears up his knee again. In my book, right decision by Scrap Irons.

6. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

Man .. Finally tomorrows game is on MLB Extra Innings! These last two games have been tough to miss. At least I'll see the finale of the SWEEP!!!

7. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

Nice seeing a different guy come through every night, though I would much prefer blowing the game open early to ninth inning heroics.

8. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Big night last night on the scoreboard as well.... Nats, Mets, Cubs, and Phillies (of course) all lose, meaning we pick up a full game on every single one of those teams.

Seriously... there is no reason why we can't pull away with this thing if we continue to play with the same intensity (and results) as the last couple of weeks.

If you exclude the sweep (even though every game was close) of the Cards, this team has won 18 of 20 games.

9. apostolic3

apostolic3 Member

It's a stretch to say we will pull away from the pack. At least one of the other teams will catch fire and we will cool off. Of course, we still don't know which teams will improve before the trade deadline. There is far too much baseball left in the season. A lot of good and bad things can happen.

10. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

If the Mets dont get Soriano in a deal, then I am confident that the Wild Card is ours to lose.

11. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

i think we'll win the WC by about 5 games.

12. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

The only way I see us really "cooling off" is if we have an injury to one of the "big 3", or either Ensberg or Berkman has to miss time or go into a serious funk.

Also, keep in mind that by "cooling off" I mean playing at or close to .500 ball... nothing worse. (right now, they're playing .850-900 ball... which is unheard of).

This team has 3 potential stoppers to squash long losing streaks, and they just happen to pitch back-to-back-to-back (which gives them a great chance for winning streaks).

Also, with all of the NL East teams having to play each other A LOT during the second half of the season, I'm mainly focused on the Cubs right now as our main competition for the WC spot. If we take care of our business w/ them (10 games left... lots at home), some other team would have to be playing amazingly to stay in this race w/ us.

13. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

and they just put Wood on the DL.

i think it will ultimately be the Nats who finish closest to us. but again..i'd say no closer than about 5 games.

14. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Great win...Now for Clemens and the stros' to complete the sweep...

15. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

WHOOO. Getting close to game time, yep. I'm back! Gots me a eenternit connection!

Damn, Cubbies just tied the game in the bottom of the 8th.

16. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Is the Cubs game on tv? I know WGN seemed like they always had Cubs games, but now I never see them on there. Do they not carry their games anymore?

17. Uprising

Cubs game is on WGN. CWS game is on ESPN.

I can't take more than 2min of the WGN broadcast of the cubs games before getting sick to the verge of puking.

EDIT: Don't tell me that COX isn't picking up this game!!!! :eek:

#97 Uprising, Jul 27, 2005
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2005
  18. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

790am just had a small clip with Mike Lamb talking about team chemistry and about how the team may make a move that could mess it up. He said "we had Kent on the team last year and nobody liked him"...... I started lauging so I didn't hear the rest of it but was he serious?. It sure sounded like it.

19. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

I'm sure nobody was "best friends" with him... but they definitely looked like they at least "liked" him enough to hug the hell out of him after he won game 5.

If they only liked him for what he brought to the ballclub... isn't that still "liking" him?

20. Uprising

**** COX MEDIA !!!!!!

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

My damn roomates wanted to bundle cox cable and broadband.....no matter how much I tried to get satelite!

I don't know if I can keep it together when the Rockets season starts. :mad: No way in hell I can miss 40 games of the Rockets next season. :eek: :eek: :(