1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Philadelphia fans...

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by The Cat, Jun 3, 2001.

1. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

This is my 3000th post by the way, and I hate to use it on subjects such as this, but this city doesn't deserve a championship. I lost all respect for these fans tonight. When the trophy was being presented after the game, the crowd was asked to give the Bucks a hand for a great playoff run. Almost the entire crowd breaks out in boos. Can you please show a little class? The Bucks battled the Sixers till the bitter end as hard as they could. They probably outplayed them for the better part of this series. And they were right in this game 7 on the road up until Ray Allen went down. You're in the Finals, and your team played very well. Why do you have to act this way? At least show the other team some respect for the other team for battling it out all series long. I gained a lot of respect for the Sixer team today the way they fought it out and gave 110% to win this. They wanted it so much. And yet, at the end of the game, there is Allen Iverson hugging Sam Cassell and congratulating him on a great series and a great war. Some of those Philly fans could learn a lesson from the guy they criticized for so long.

------------------
    President of the Mo Taylor and Jason Collier fan club!

Draftsource.net-- the premier source for draft info. Profiles, rankings, mock drafts, and more!

2. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Philly fans have always been Jackasses. Remember when they cheered when Michael Irvin got his career ending injury? No class at all...

------------------
    The season's over, but the 'Stros have started. Guess I'm still gonna be nursing that keg...

3. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

I agree with you Cat. The fans put some stank on an otherwise great win for Philly!

------------------
    "Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning how to put food on their family while being put to death."

It's back...

Protrolls.com!

4. Steve_Francis_rules

This was when I lost almost all respect for the city's sports fans.

------------------

5. Wakko67

Wakko67 Contributing Member

I was thinking the same thing. When Ray Allen got injured in the third they were cheering. What a bunch of bulls*it!

------------------

I have seen much of the rest of the web. It is brutal and cruel and dark. CC.net is the light.

6. Gascon

Gascon Member

These are the same fans that made it a practice to throw batteries at the opposing team during Eagles games.

They are, without a doubt, the armpit of professional sports fandom.

------------------
    Gascon

7. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

Don't forget these are the same fans that threw garbage on the floor when Reggie Miller and the Pacers knocked Philly out of the 2nd round a season or so ago.

------------------
    "I'm not here to protect my reputation, I'm here to make my reputation! Mama Barkley didn't raise no chumps!" - Charles Barkley

8. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Ill be glad when the Lakers **** em over in the finals. I want to see all of those little childern wearing Philly uniforms cry their eyes out!!!!!!! [​IMG]

------------------

9. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Philly: the town of brotherly love or the town of brotherly shove? It's ashame that city has so much to do with the history of our country.

------------------

10. Gascon

Gascon Member

What will make it especially sweet is that they'll close it out in Philly!!!!! That'll be fun to see, I have to admit. Game four will be all about crowd-watching. [​IMG]

------------------
    Gascon

11. lived

lived Member

Fans of Philly suck big time, absolutely no class at all...
    Damn, why can't they be like us?

------------------
    Do not harm little children!

12. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

Philly fans have always been some of the worst-behaved in all of sports.

However, when the Lakers close it out in game 4 in Philly, I would love to see someone hit Shaq between the eyes with a 9 volt. Hopefiully it would knock him on his rather large egotistical keyster!

------------------
    "Blues is a Healer"
    --John Lee Hooker

13. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

While that was uncalled for, I would say that after the home team played 7 games that could have easily gone the other way, 25 of 29 team's fans would do so as well.

------------------
    Never Underestimate the Heart of a Champion

14. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

What, not go?

------------------
    www.swirve.com
    "Pre-born, you're fine, pre-school, you're f*****."-George Carlin

15. ricky812

ricky812 Member

Hey guys, I FEEL YOUR PAIN. I just went over to insidehoops.com and let it out. They make me sick. Just about all Sixer fans are haters, Remember NXT3. You should of seen some of the topics on the first page. Half of them were like F#*k the lakers, Sixers will sweep, T-mac blocks Kobe, Lakers haters association, Lakers fans are ignorant, you get the idea.

Here's what one fan said to me:
    "i think the sixers fans on these boards have been consistently more classy than most other fans..."

Lets go over to Inside hoops and let some frustration out on the sixer fans. They deserve it!

------------------

16. Band Geek Mobster

You go ahead dude!!!

I'll be right behind you!!!

------------------
    fiugasodfaklfdje2hroq oifeofwo eoirje iowjfqwe weuh3498rhfnf4a x.cjanf ajldmfsdkafjsaj oq ewrheumc. ,voifojm owiefjma lkdjaslkowierf wlhjoeimwe dsjnfojouhfaoo oijf ieopj ldjffaokpiqeiqq n dn kdsf s fwfl awefldf daaelkmfoiqwe a dsafkmds lfkj w asd fa fcsd;a; da; fd;kj d fwijv weopif qop oi qwoifjj

17. ricky812

ricky812 Member

Go over there and take a look.

------------------

18. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

And why the hell were they booing Destiny's Child after the halftime show?

------------------
    The season's over, but the 'Stros have started. Guess I'm still gonna be nursing that keg...

19. Timing

Timing Member

Philly fans are hard core man. I heard that during Eagles games they have a make shift courtroom in the stadium just to take care of fines for brawls, fights, etc right on the spot! NBC is trying to turn the Finals into a Superbowl style halftime freak show and I'm glad they booed DC. It was probably interrupting their beverage consumption anyway. [​IMG]

------------------
    The death penalty SUCKS.

20. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

You know, i've considered purchasing a Destiny's Child CD before, so I'm not too biased here when I say they got booed because that performance was absolutely horrid....

------------------
    Who's ya daddy?