1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

PFT: Matt Schaub is Raiders’ top quarterback target, Mark Sanchez next

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Fantasma Negro, Mar 16, 2014.

1. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Are the Raiders just worried about cap floor issues with such a signing?

2. meh

meh Contributing Member

This is very limited way of thinking. For one thing, the Raiders can cut Schaub in any of those years without taking a cap hit. All of those years are not guaranteed. For another, the Raiders would need to hit the minimum anyway, and there aren't a lot of players they're keen to spend on anyway.

In addition, it's clear that if the Texans cut Schaub, he has very little chance to join the Raiders given their reputation. And even if they outbid for him in the FA market, there probably is quite a bit of guaranteed money attached. For all the crap about Schaub, surely he'd get more than someone like Josh McCown or Whitehurst on the market, right?

I think it's feasible that the Texans can trade him for something like a 6th rounder. I think at that point the pick is no longer worthy enough to hoarde, and for the Texans it's better than nothing.

3. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

I'm leery of trading for McGloin. I think he'd be a great stopgap QB, but I get a sickening feeling that it would be another Kubiak-Schaub love affair with O'brien and McGloin and we'll pass on taking QB high even next year.

Probably just battered child syndrome on my part though.

4. SevenMinuteAbs

I think the McGloin- Obrien thing is just another connecting of the dots that holds little to no weight.

We've already heard the "BOB loves big qbs, Bortles to Houston?" "BOBs mentor coached Bortles, Blake to Houston?" and now this. I mean it could happen, and this one makes a little more sense because i'm sure he knows the system and could help teach it a little, but i don't think there's much to this.

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>While free agency continues, <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Texans&amp;src=hash">#Texans</a> continue their push to trade QB Matt Schaub &amp; his $14.5M cap hit. <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Raiders&amp;src=hash">#Raiders</a> &amp; <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Browns&amp;src=hash">#Browns</a> have some interest</p>&mdash; Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) <a href="https://twitter.com/RapSheet/statuses/445643236875321344">March 17, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

6. conquistador#11

Because I have a huge heart...Schaub + 2nd rounder this year and 4th next year for josh Gordon. But wait there is more, a red blazer signed by bob mcnair and george bust.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That's an awful trade. So the Texans trade valuable picks that can be used to fill holes on their roster for a 3rd WR? Why?

8. arjun

arjun Member

dude that is a horrible trade.

i'd give schaub away with a 6th round pick for NOTHING

9. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

The Browns would never do that. Josh Gordon is 22 years old and was the best WR in the AFC last season. He's still playing for his rookie deal as well.

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

And we'd never do it because we don't need a 3rd WR over being able to fill the holes on our roster.

11. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Schaub and the Astros for the Indians. Done deal.

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

Remember when Marc Vandermeer was hacked? :p

[​IMG]

13. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

Soo per Rapport if the Texans trade Schaub, his cap hit will go away for the Texans?

Does anybody have any links confirming the opposite?

14. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Um. Gordon would be our #1 if he was on our roster. You do know what it means to be an all-pro right?

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL over Andre Johnson? GTFOH. The kid had one nice season but don't go nuts.

16. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

uh lestar jean and keshawn martin are primed to take that next step......... *crickets* :grin:

17. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

He just can't quit me huh? smh

He's average , not good

18. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Sanchez can beat Brady in New England..... He has done it before.
    He needs a running game...

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

....QB's don't beat teams. Teams beat teams. Sanchez is, and has always been an awful QB. The Jets had a great defense and good running game for a few years that allowed them to win some games, but Sanchez has always been one of the worst QB's in the NFL since his rookie year.

20. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Hurry up and send that joker packing. And hell no to bring Sanchez here.