1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

PFT: Matt Schaub is Raiders’ top quarterback target, Mark Sanchez next

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Fantasma Negro, Mar 16, 2014.

1. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

He's been failing off for a year and a half now. He's not worth the money he's getting paid and is no longer starting caliber.

Schaub and a Texans 5th for McGloin.

2. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

What? You want to give away a draft pick? For McGloin? Why?

3. The Real Shady

If we draft a QB in the 2nd round he can be our starter until he's ready. If we go with a QB in the 1st he'll be a nice backup. I consider Schaub to have no value at his contract rate though.

4. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

No one is saying he's worth his salary, but he's definitely starting-caliber for some teams. And as for giving away a draft pick and Schaub for McGloin...I really don't know why that would be good for the Texans.

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I think your blind hatred for Schaub made you put that backwards. If anyone would be getting picks for that trade, it would be the Texans. The Raiders won't be doing us any favors by agreeing to a trade.

6. The Real Shady

I don't have any hatred for Schaub and I was one of his defenders on this board until I witnessed his decline over the last season and a half. At this point in his career he's a low end starter or backup QB. Not worth 15 million per season.

7. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

He's not worth nearly a 5th round pick though. I know people don't like Schaub, but he's the better QB. So you're going to give Oakland the better QB AND a draft pick in return for a guy that you hope at best is a temporary placeholder? It doesn't make sense. I'd rather cut Schaub, keep the pick and start a rookie or some cheap FA QB or even Keenum. Schaub's cost to us would be the same, we don't have anybody noticeably worse than McGloin playing QB, and we still have a 5th rounder.

The whole point in trading Schaub in the first place instead of cutting him is to get something in return. You trade him AND a draft pick for McGloin and it's worse than simply cutting him.

#87 Cannonball, Mar 16, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2014
  8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Okay, but he's still worth A LOT more than Matt McGloin...how do you not see that?

9. The Real Shady

Matt McGloin 2014 salary $495,000
    2013 QB Rating 76.1
    Matt Schaub 2014 salary $14,125,000
    2013 QB Rating 73

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Oh wow, then the Giants should probably offer Eli Manning and a 4th for Matt McGloin then.

Eli Manning 2014 salary $20,400,000
    2013 QB Rating 69.4

11. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

No! Don't let them have him, BOB.

12. The Real Shady

It's more than that. It's the cost compared to QB rating. I'd gladly take Schaub at 4-5 million per year.

13. Raven

Raven Member

Stupid fan base? For wanting pick six gone?

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Right and Eli costs a hell of a lot more and his QB rating was a lot worse than Schaub so the Giants should be jumping on trading Eli for McGloin right?

Or could this be a really flawed way to look at things?

15. The Real Shady

Eli has done more, won two super bowls, and has a track record of coming through down the stretch. He'll get more leeway than Schaub. If Eli stinks it up for another year he'll be out as well though.

I'm done here for the night.

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Not for that per se, but for being a generally stupid fanbase. The vast majority of the Texans fanbase is pants on head r****ded. Listen to the radio every once in a while, or try to talk about the Texans in a bar and you'll realize that in a hurry.

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL, so it comes down to what his team has done for him? It always comes back to "just winz" when people don't have anything legitimate to back up their pre-conceived notions. I mean, you of course are right, Eli will absolutely get more leeway, but he doesn't deserve it. He was one of the worst QB's in the NFL last year....worse than Schaub, but he gets a pass because his team won him a couple SB's....what simplistic thinking.

18. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

This could be said about every pro team.

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Agreed, I didn't mean to sound like I was singling the Texans out. Most fans are stupid, that's why listening to them is a great way to lose your job if you are a GM or head coach.

20. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Trade him to the Raiders for a bag of potato chips!