1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pfizer and Moderna vaccines

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Hakeemtheking, Dec 17, 2020.

1. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

I got the Pfizer vaccine this morning, about 5 hours ago. Within an hour I felt a bit of a temperature spike that went away about 30 minutes later. No other side effects.

We were sent only 200 doses so I feel privileged that I was able to get it that soon. Our hospital's next shipment is expected to arrive Monday. We are a medium size hospital with about 1500 people.

Please post your vaccine experience here. Stay safe, my ftiends!

2. K LoLo

K LoLo Member

Thanks for sharing. Just kind of curious, do you go around without a mask now? IE - is it OK to do that?

And I guess, you still have a second round of vaccine to do (thought I read it was two shots over 2 weeks).

3. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Got another one!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Andre0087 and Hakeemtheking like this.
  4. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

I wish. I will still wear a mask until this pandemic thing is over. Second dose scheduled for January 7.

We are supposed to send the CDC daily updates about our symptoms, if any. This is part of the phase IV post-approval.

I hear that most of the general population will be vaccinated by April, for those of want the vaccine.

5. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

What does the autism feel like?

6. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

That only applies to age 10 and under vaccines...

7. HROZ

HROZ Member

That's great news.
    I presume the older population will get the vaccine straight after healthcare workers.

8. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Good to hear and glad that Clutchfans on the front line are getting the vaccine.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  9. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

I've been hearing that even with the vaccine there is still a chance you can spread the infection. What the vaccine will do though is keep you from developing the disease.

10. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

My understanding is: possible but not to the extent you could become a super-spreader. This mRNA technique really helps your body not have a very high viral load, I think, so a vaccinated with the virus wouldn't be super contagious.

11. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

That is likely the case but I think it's still not certain how much someone vaccinated might still could be a carrier. The main point though is that the CDC still recommends people to wear a mask even after they have been vaccinated.
    https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/201...ext=Yes. CDC recommends that,COVID-19 vaccine.
    Do I need to wear a mask and avoid close contact with others if I have received two doses of the vaccine?
    Yes. While experts learn more about the protection that COVID-19 vaccines provide under real-life conditions, it will be important for everyone to continue using all the tools available to us to help stop this pandemic, like covering your mouth and nose with a mask, washing hands often, and staying at least 6 feet away from others. Together, COVID-19 vaccination and following CDC’s recommendations for how to protect yourself and others will offer the best protection from getting and spreading COVID-19. Experts need to understand more about the protection that COVID-19 vaccines provide before deciding to change recommendations on steps everyone should take to slow the spread of the virus that causes COVID-19. Other factors, including how many people get vaccinated and how the virus is spreading in communities, will also affect this decision.

Hakeemtheking and B-Bob like this.
  12. Dream Sequence

Dream Sequence Contributing Member

I should have been a good Asian and been a Dr like my parents wanted. Then I'd have the vaccine by now. Guess parents were right. YOLO/FML.

13. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Do you feel intense...craving...4...BRAINZ?

14. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Not yet!

A little bit of soreness in the the arm, but really no different than some flu shots. A Shingles shot, however, will make you feel as if you pitched a 13th inning baseball game. That sucker causes real arm pain X 2 days.

Invisible Fan likes this.