1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pettite 2nd Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by caphorns, Dec 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. caphorns

caphorns Member

Good lord I got tired of scanning that first thread. Any rule against a second?

Personally, getting Pettite is a complete kickass move for a 2nd tier baseball franchise. Anyone who thinks we are 1st tier is crazed - no way we have that kind of revenue potential in this city. Chicago does have rediculous money, so we'll just have to pull a Marlin on them. Exceptional situation, and no doubt that our organization outclassed the Yankees in getting Pettite. He certainly didn't chose us for the money or the history.

2. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Yeah one rule. Don't start a new one when there is already one at the top.

If you are too lazy to read the all the pages, then just read the last page to get up to date with what is being said in that thread, then post in the SAME thread.

good day.

the lock is on it's way.

3. redgoose

redgoose Contributing Member

I'll post in your thread. :) I kinda agree the other thread is getting to long.

this is copied from the original thread

I would like to go on record and say the Astros will finally win a playoff series this year.

We now have one of the top 5 rotations in basbeall!

This will be the first year i can remember when the Astros actually have 5 legitimate pitchers for the starting rotation entering the season. No more trying guys out in spring training and signing some random shmuck to fill in the 3rd spot in the rotation.

Now there will actually be fierce competition by Redding, Hernandez, Duckworth, and Robertson for the last 2 spots.

I would think Redding has the best chance to be the #4 if he continues to pitch like he did last year, but the other 3 is a toss up. There's alot of potential in Hernandez and Duckworth, i'm not so sure about Robertson.

:(

4. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Don't read the whole thread then. Besides, it's a sticky, it's been up for a long time and the title has been changed. The stuff at teh beginning is when we were still courting him. Just skip it, look at the dates.

5. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

Yep use the other one. just hit last page. AS an index know that the original signing news happened around page 8 anything before that was early talk about possibly getting him. everything after was after the ESPN announcement. If you want to see the latest just hit last page and it will take you to the last page of the thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.