1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pettiness, so hot right now

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by justtxyank, May 29, 2019.

1. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Most transparent president is right

2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

an alternative view about how serious this issue is:

. . . Now THIS is impeachable! In a really silly “outrage,” White House and U.S. Navy officials confirmed yesterday that they had tried to keep the name of the USS John. S. McCain hidden during President Trump’s visit to Japan so that it would not appear in any pictures. A May 15 email between U.S. Navy and Air Force officials that included the line, “USS John McCain needs to be out of sight,” The Wall Street Journal reported.

Staffs have acted to try to keep annoying factors, often minor ones, out of their boss’s consciousness since the first employment relationship. There are thousands—millions of incidents like this. Sometimes the concern of the staff is legitimate, sometimes it is excessive. Staffs tell orchestra not to play songs they know the boss hates. I had a boss who had no respect for anyone who wore a suit that wasn’t dark blue. I can see how someone might assume that having John McCain’s name looming over him during an appearance might set off President Trump. After all, Senator McCain set new records in pettiness and choosing bitter personal vengeance over duty himself as he devoted his final years to pay-back against the President who had insulted his war record. In this instance, nobody was harmed, and no ethical principle was breached. If anyone genuinely cares about it besides the McCain family, which would find a way to be offended no matter where the ship turned up (“It is a smear on my father’s name for a ship honoring him to be forced to share a photo with the President who insulted him!“), they need a vacation.

3. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Who you got... Fifty or Trump?

4. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

This thread is petty.

cml750 likes this.
  5. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Speaking of petty...

6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I think Trump showed the ultimate disrespect to servicemen and servicewomen, once again.

It's kind of amazing to me, the hypocrisy of it all, because I remember when NFL players took a knee during the anthem all I ever heard from one side was about how the military was disrespected and the country and Trump continues to show disrespect towards military men and women and not a peep about it...

7. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

What did trump do wrong in this particular situation?

8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Good lord, Os. Do you really read that crap? And do you believe this?

After all, Senator McCain set new records in pettiness and choosing bitter personal vengeance over duty himself as he devoted his final years to pay-back against the President who had insulted his war record. In this instance, nobody was harmed, and no ethical principle was breached. If anyone genuinely cares about it besides the McCain family, which would find a way to be offended no matter where the ship turned up (“It is a smear on my father’s name for a ship honoring him to be forced to share a photo with the President who insulted him!“), they need a vacation.

#48 Deckard, May 30, 2019
    Last edited: May 30, 2019
  9. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

In a part of the bbs that is already muddy, OS simply dumps tons of sewage into already murky waters.

10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I think saying it is well-meaning is messed up. His whole attitude towards McCain's service in general is very disrespectful and is easily avoidable but the man just doesn't know any better.

11. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Your capacity to swallow the **** your misleader-in-chief shovels to you is admirable; in a really sad way.

AB likes this.
  12. Buck Turgidson

Trump is a despicable human being. Prove me wrong.

IBTL likes this.
  13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Why is he so busy "dumping sewage" into D&D? If he has that little regard for the forum, why doesn't he just stay out of it? He's certainly not helping his reputation by doing so, except with a handful of fanatical trump supporters. I just don't get it. He starts multiple threads with similar content and then ignores attempts by members to respond to them and to him. So what is the point of what @Os Trigonum is doing here?

I hate to call the guy a troll, but trolling perfectly describes what he's doing in D&D. Why? Why does he troll D&D? Some of us are genuinely interested in discussing current events in politics and other subjects down here. What Os does is derail any efforts to do so in the numerous threads he posts, or the posts he makes with no actual comment attached from him personally, like the post he made in this thread that I responded to and that he has, again, ignored. Is he afraid to give a personal opinion? It certainly appears that he is. And some of the sources he uses for his posts and his threads! Many are fringe sites that no serious person would consider using, in my opinion. It's as if he searches them out. Too weird.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  14. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

You are cool with disrespecting a dead war hero republican because trump is too much of a p***y to see the guys name?dang dude

15. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

If people in Trump's employ thought this was necessary then I cannot imagine what an absolute nightmare it must be to work in that White House.

Sweet Lou 4 2 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  16. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

If Trump's medical disability hadn't prevented him from serving in the Navy he could have enlisted and risen to the level of Chief Petty Officer.

17. mdrowe00

mdrowe00 Member

ZING!

18. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

When did Fox News become Enemy of the People?

19. edwardc

edwardc Member

Too answer you question NOPE not at all and Congress is in just as bad shape there scared to do anything.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  20. edwardc

edwardc Member

When was the station founded.