1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Penny Auctions

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by MamboRock, May 17, 2012.

Tags:
  1. MamboRock

MamboRock Member

Is it legitimate? I hear people get good deals there. I also hear people refer to them as scams Should I jump into it too?

2. jank1434

jank1434 Contributing Member

I do think it is scammy, but make sure you know what you are getting into. The idea is legitimate, but there is some fine print, so make sure you know all of that

3. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

If you're up between 3am-5am, good luck. Scam imo.

4. joeyyungrocks

joeyyungrocks Member

you should search for my old post.
    the first couple auctions u are in you will win so easily. everything after that is impossible.

5. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

The truth is you need to read up on them. You really aren't paying a penny for each bid. They have marketed this really well. It plays with the psychological aspect of humans.

A site like quibids charges .60 cents per 1 bid token or penny.

once you place a bid you don't get that bid money back if someone outbids you. So you might sit there and go through about a ton of bids before the auction ends because it finally ends when no more bids come through. If a someone bids more time is added to the auction.

Now lets see how much this company makes on a simple item. For one thing because it sells for 15.00 dollars it doesn't mean they didn't make any money on the item.

For instance there is an iPad that just sold for $28.69. So in actuality, there was a total of 2869 bids. Each bid cost the user .60 so if you do the math .60 X 2869 = $1721.40. Then add the 28.69 it sold for that you have to pay.

Yes they sold that ipad to one person for cheap as hell and could have taken 100 bids or more, but the truth is they made a hell of a lot of money on the bids.

The model is genius but not a penny per bid like everyone thinks.

1 person likes this.
  6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Yes the model is truly genius. Wish I would have thought of it. I just think of it as a raffle.

7. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Genius idea by whoever thought of it.....

8. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

If its too good to be true...

9. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Which is something I've always thought of... why not just do/have a raffle site?

10. HollaIFyaHEMI

HollaIFyaHEMI Contributing Member

Too direct, need derivatives.

11. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

To "trick" people?