1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Penn State coach, AD, VP charged in child rape case

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Carl Herrera, Nov 5, 2011.

1. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Do you know if he's referring to 7 years ago he didn't know anything about Sandusky, or that he's just pleading 100% ignorance?

2. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

I've heard from a few people that Penn St. as a program should get punished for this too... like with a death penalty. Anyone else agree with this?

I just can't see how this really relates to football. Since no NCAA rules are violated, I don't see how Penn St. as a program can get punished by the NCAA.

3. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

Andy Staples, SI:

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

Not sure. Saw it passed along from 'The Big Lead'.

. . .

RT @OnwardState: RT @dsully215: @Jim_Gardner just watched a '75 grad burn his diploma outside Old Main http://twitpic.com/7c6cy8 #psucharges

5. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Why aren't the kids parents getting any flack, or the GA?

6. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Press conference was cancelled.

According to the NY Times...

If Paterno had any kind of relationship with Sandusky after 2002, he should not only go, but he should be vilified.

7. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Damn, watching Matt Millen break down like that was pretty rough.

8. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

No he won't. Penn State may as well pour gasoline on itself and light a match if Paterno coaches Saturday. I think we all know he's gone today (or tomorrow latest).

9. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

At this point, wouldn't it just be better to force him to resign? If he doesn't understand how walking the sidelines is an absolute insult to every one of the victims, then he needs to be removed by somebody who does.

I also think that McQueary needs to be fired as well.....I don't care if you're a graduate assistant, the President, or just a guy off the streets. When you witness what he did, and you can sleep at night knowing you did the bare minimum, you don't deserve to hold the position that you do. He was old enough at that time to completely understand what he was seeing, and all he did was tell his superiors, who subsequently did nothing. If that's me (or any other morally sound individual), I'm doing whatever it takes to make sure justice is handed down.

Also, Ziggy.....from one Aggie to another.....I'm really, really disappointed.

10. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

kid's parents?

11. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Thanks for the Millen recap since I cant watch. I was listening on the radio at lunch, Paterno visually witnessed a rape? I thought he was in the clear with the authorities in the first place because it was just "hearsay" on his end and he wasn't legally obligated to inform the police. And if that's not the case how come he isn't charged with failure to notify authorities like others in the scandal?

12. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

I haven't heard anything about Paterno actually seeing it happen.

13. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

14. Hammer755

Hammer755 Contributing Member

I can actually understand this argument somewhat. If something similar happened at my office, I would probably begin by reporting it to my superiors. If they told me they'd address the legal aspects, then I'd probably let it go. However, if I continued to see the predator hanging around my building for 10 years, as some point I'd have to say - 'Hey, remember when I told you about this guy and the sodomy? Whatever happened with that?'

That's the point that JoePa loses me. He let Sandusky continue to be an unofficial part of the PSU program for a very long time after being informed of what had happened.

15. oomp

oomp Contributing Member

RT @MGoFootball: RT @BryanDFischer: RT @JimRodenbush: Media outside Joe Paterno's house #PennState #PSUCharges twitpic.com/7c6mfe

[​IMG]

16. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

If its just hearsay, of the magnitude that would completely cripple your program, is he genuinely that much at fault? If its a rumor, and its not true, an investigation alone would do irreversible damage to the program.

What if Sandusky gave Paterno his word is wasn't true?

Still waiting to hear Paterno speak before putting him up on the noose.

17. oomp

oomp Contributing Member

If you are on Twitter follow @Ben_Jones88

RT @Ben_Jones88: Paterno just left his house and headed to practice. Was surrounded by 50+ reporters.

RT @Ben_Jones88: Paterno says that he wanted a press conference as he leaves in his car. Remember that Spanier canceled not Paterno.

RT @Ben_Jones88: Paterno said: "I know you guys have a lot of questions. And I was hoping I was going to be able to answer them today"

RT @Ben_Jones88: Scott Paterno: "You'll have to ask the administration why the press conference was canceled."

Huge Photo of Paterno heading to practice.
    [​IMG]

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/IT_7jupJaUo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#97 oomp, Nov 8, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2011
  18. Major

Major Member

Well, we clearly wouldn't want to risk doing any damage to the program over a silly thing like possible child rape. As long as the alleged criminal says he didn't do anything wrong, we should all just let it go. That's your position?

19. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Ziggy clearly doesn't have kids.

20. ascaptjack

ascaptjack Member

How the **** can JoePa sleep at night! All it takes is one 911 call to report that MF's ass and you just sweep it under the rug?!

For what, to make sure your sports team can maintain good PR?

This story has me mind ****ed! :mad: