1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

PATRIOTS UPSET RAMS 20-17 ON A 48 YARD FIELD GOAL!

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by TheReasonSF3, Feb 3, 2002.

1. TheReasonSF3

TheReasonSF3 Member

O MY GOSH!!! WHO EVER EXPECTED THIS! I thought the Rams were going to win by 20+. The Patriots didn't really deserve to be in the Super Bowl, cause of that crummy call against the Raiders.

#1 TheReasonSF3, Feb 3, 2002
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2002
  2. Holden

Holden Member

that was the greatest game in the history of superbowls.:( :eek:

3. TheReasonSF3

TheReasonSF3 Member

Yeah. It was a crazy game. John Madden must be pretty embarrased. He was like 'the Patriots need to let the clock run down and try to win it in overtime.' :D :p :p :D

4. DEANBCURTIS

DEANBCURTIS Member

How sweet it is. :D

5. Houstone

Houstone Member

Wooo Hoooooooo!!!!

:D :D

6. TheReasonSF3

TheReasonSF3 Member

I actually wanted the Rams to win, cause the Patriots should really be watching this game on tv. That call in the Raiders game was horrible!

7. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

Best football game ever.

8. TheReasonSF3

TheReasonSF3 Member

Brady MVP?:eek: 16-27, 145 YARDS? Adam Vinatieri should've won it.

9. Johnny Rocket

Johnny Rocket Contributing Member

Actually based on the NFL Rulebook it was the right call. The rule needs to be changed but based on the ball in motion rule it was a good call. I wish they had lost that game though because then the Steelers might have made the Super Bowl but they didnt and it was a great game and I wasnt too bummed.

10. Puedlfor

Puedlfor Contributing Member

The first 3 and a half quarters were unadulterated ****. Sloppy play from both teams, terrible game flow.

Last part of the game was exciting as hell though. I knew the Rams would **** it up, like they did all game long.

BTW - there were two seconds left on the clock after the field goal went through, probably wouldn't have mattered but, still, why run off the clock.

11. kbm

kbm Member

It wasn't close to the greatest game. The rams really lucked up into a tie. That kind of ruined the drama for me. BUT that field goal may be the clutchest kick I've ever seen. Oh my god, that's the guy I want on my team. He is so clutch, and so was brady. Those pats suprised everyone with their clutch play I think.

12. Gascon

Gascon Member

Superior gameplan by the Pats. Really, really impressive football. They took the Rams out of their game, which is something that not too many teams this season have done.

Belichik may be the genius that so many have been saying he is. He made a fan out of me.

13. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

:cool: Jimmy Kimmel predicted it....

14. JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze Member

Brady did nothing special he hardly even thew the ball until that last drive, however i don't think a guy who comes on for 7 seconds deserves to be MVP.

15. pooh222

pooh222 Member

Go Patriots!!! :D

16. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

Congrats to the Patriots. I wasn't rooting for them but I'm happy to see one of the original AFL members win a Super Bowl.

I believe all the original AFL members have now won a Super Bowl except for Bud's Oilers/Titans.

17. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

Props to the Pats...andf I'm drunk as well. hey deserve it.

18. treeman

treeman Member

We are all drunk. And whoever wins "deserves" it.

19. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

Houston Texans will win the Super Bowl in 2004.

20. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

well if i've gotta make post 666 it might as well include the Pats with the hope that it curses them forever for not deserving to win it this year.

While I'm at it, I'll throw in the Lakers, yankees, stockton, malone, jordan, my 340L prof, stoops, all of OU, and lets add in the patriots again for good measure. I curse you all.