1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pat Bev on the trade block?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by motleydeflep6, Jun 18, 2017.

1. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Damn. Bev demanding a raise.

2. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Look, Bev is no Harden but if you keep extending Harden to these exorbitant contracts, it sets a bad precedent to other players and is a potential chemistry killer.

Bev be like "I save his bacon repeatedly on the defensive end, I make all the key hustle plays, I sacrifice a lot so he can get his numbers and yet I am paid just $ 5 million or something per year"

I really don't know the right approach but I can empathize with Beverly regarding wanting bigger $$$

3. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Could we extend him and give him some more cash on the back end?

6-6-10-10 or something along those lines?

4. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

He's going to get money someway. Don't blame the guy. He busted his ass his entire life.

FTW Rockets FTW likes this.
  5. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

I want Pat to get payed, trust me.

I just want out cap space the next two years. I'd be down to give him a raise on the back end If we can extend him a few years.

RasaqBoi likes this.
  6. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

RudyTBag likes this.
  7. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

8. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Ruby- Oh

9. Madmanmetz

Madmanmetz Member
    Supporting Member

Pat is not going to be a pouter. He's the kinda dog that once the whistle blows he'll be all in. He understands this is a business and he is going to do the best he can to get his while he can. Nothing wrong with that, we'd all want the same if we were in his shoes, we just might do it less publically.

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

seeing countless scrubs getting paid more than him, I don't blame him for wanting a raise that's due. You could see this coming a year or two ago

Vivi likes this.
  11. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Windhorst said Hawks rebuilding and are unlikely to sign Millsap. Millsap is in play for the league.

12. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Boom

13. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I don't blame him for wanting a raise, but sadly the Rockets are probably right not to be the team that does it.

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

yeah i agree. its tough from both sides. rockets did reward him with a good contract when he got it but now considering all circumstances it doesn't look as great personally but still obviously valuable to the organization. And a lot of it is out of DM's control as far as the contract value signed years ago.

15. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Pat is scheduled to make $5.5 million and $5 million over the next two seasons-- when the salary cap will be close to $100 million. This is equivalent to playing for free under the old CBA.

J Sizzle likes this.
  16. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Why did he sign the contract? Must've had lunch with BJ Armstrong or something...

J.R. likes this.
  17. Vivi

Vivi Member

I still don't get why Pat is forcing it that much now, he has still two years with his current contract, how many times a role player gets an extension this early?

Deuce and J.R. like this.
  18. YOLO

YOLO Member

why wouldn't he have. that was a very good reward at the time. people forget how much different players were getting paid just a couple years ago. Beverley was still very much trying to establish himself as a player in this league but still got rewarded despite behind injured. that was the biggest contract of his life.

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

Just signed a 4-year deal two years ago. He's in the middle of that deal.

Underpaid? Maybe, sure, probably. But he was a free agent. He had a chance to negotiate a deal with teams. And the unexpected(?)/'historic' salary cap rise? That's not the Rockets fault. Players rejected a smooth(ing) cap. A lot of players are now overpaid & underpaid.

Give Beverley an extension, what about Trevor Ariza? Clint Capela? Lou Williams? Montrezl Harrell? They're all eligible too. I'm sure they'd like to be paid more too. Should Daryl just lock the roster in?

It's understandable Beverley wants more money.
    It's understandable the Rockets right now don't necessarily want to [/going into his age 31-32-33 seasons]

BigMaloe, RudyTBag, Ratman and 5 others like this.
  20. YOLO

YOLO Member

i was wondering that earlier. does he qualify for an extension and how much? but someone mentioned earlier how harden is getting thrown all this money etc and at the same time i mentioned how all these other scrubs in the league are getting basically double his salary are all good points and from PB's perspective itss got to be killing him