1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pat Bev is dead to me

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tehG l i d e, Jan 16, 2018.

1. underrated015

underrated015 Member

Feb 28th better be a beatdown for the ages. Dislike the Clippers morethanthe Warriors.

2. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

He started insulting my homie @vlaurelio and I had enough. It was in a different thread, but the Lin fan earned it. They were having a discussion but the LOF kept moving the goal post so to speak, asking about IQ and reading comprehension. Typical ******* behavior while Lio was being cool.

As Southpark taught me, there are dicks, p*****s and assholes and sometimes you have to be a dick to **** an *******.

Forget all dem Lin fans... GEAUX ROX!!

3. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I never understood the love for him. I respect what he made himself into as a player. But before he was moved off the ball he was a liability with Harden having to carry his non dribbling ass

HewbieTrippin likes this.
  4. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

You mean the team that has a better than any year he was here

Chris Paul backs attitude up with HOF play bro

5. hakeemthagreat

Welp, let's see. He came here a journeyman, non drafted, no expectations. Ended up out playing Jeremy Lin & ultimately replacing him. He literally made himself a 40% 3pt shooter after having no shot. Ended up being one of the best defenders in the NBA as well. Gave it 100% every game. What's not to love about Bev?

ElDobleK likes this.
  6. HewbieTrippin

HewbieTrippin Member

exactly. he had his strengths (that one sequence on westbrook during the regular season, where he actually shut down his game-winner attempt), but a lot of times his strengths and persona became a distraction and more fluff than substance. not to mention just how much it reminded me of the tmac/rafer alston era, where pat beverly's only attempt at running the offense was handing the superstar the ball and spotting up instead of creating shots for him. and their floaters ... my goodness.

7. CALI_MOST_WANTD

I once was a Bev fan and now I'm not so sure. He has been doing and saying things since being traded that I don't care for. Like others has said we gave him the shot in the NBA. If not for us he probably would been on no one else's radar. If this is how he truly feels about Houston than I hope his career is done. But part me thinks he just being a good team mate. He has always been the guy to get into your head by frustrating you. He would know all the right buttons to push as well. So I'm not decided yet if I want to hate him but right now I don't like him and disappointed with his attitude towards Houston.

D-rock likes this.
  8. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Honestly, I'm not sure how to feel about the comments. I think it's probably just a lot of smack talk. I loved Bev as a Rocket, and honestly thought he would be here forever. He was our junkyard dog, and I think it's that mentality that he carried over to his new team. He would fight for his brothers, and now he has a new set of brothers on the Clippers. Maybe he is just barking out smack because it's his nature to fight for his team. It's that team loyalty I loved about him when we had him, and maybe none of it is really personal.

D-rock and joeson332 like this.
  9. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Is that really a fair comparison? I mean Bev signed a 4 year 25 million dollar contract with us and gave us everything he had on that court. He was our junkyard dog scrappy fighter who would stick to his guys like a pesky gnat, scrapping for that ball and giving it his all. He was no slacker.

But come on, we not only had to pay CP3 24 million for one year, but also had to send the Clippers 7 players, a top-three-protected 2018 first-round pick and $661,000.

#149 deb4rockets, Jan 24, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2018
  10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Good thing I never loved him, liked his toughness when he was here but nothing more nothing less.

I hope he doesn't turn into a douche, that can end badly.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It luckily paid off with Chris Paul right now but imagine he is injured for more than 20 games and we are stuck with him for one year and then had to spend couple seasons chasing other major FAs again.

deb4rockets likes this.
  12. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

That was and still is my biggest fear with him, especially after giving up so many young guys.

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I hear you, and we have virtually spent our picks I think. Nothing new is coming along if you dun count in Capela who is 24.

We got to develop some young guys. I hope we do in the next years. MDA and Morey better bring in an assistant who could develop them.

Talent with cheap contracts is the way to go.

deb4rockets likes this.
  14. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I agree! The young guns are the future, and developing some and keeping them is essential. You can't pay everyone 25 mil.

daywalker02 likes this.
  15. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Exactly. You would hate other people's junkyard dogs because they bark at you for no reasons. But you love your OWN junkyard dog because he bark at other people FOR YOU.

D-rock likes this.
  16. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I like Beverly but he was a liability as a pg.

He and Lin both held the 13-14 team back. That team had championship potential.

That's on the Rockets organization mostly for not having Harden play pg I will admit

17. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

harden's prime is now

what do you see dekker and harrel turn into and in how many years?

18. hakeemthagreat

He wasn't the PG, James Harden was. If you're going to dissect the man's game you may want to get his position on the court right. James Harden was always the playmaker & scoring guard here. As great a playmaker Harden was he's been the liability on defense the previous seasons. Beverley's job was always to guard the best PG to give Harden enough energy to make plays on offense. If you think that held the team back then you haven't watched any Rocket games the past few years. The only thing that held us back was Bev's injuries. But on the court he filled his role PERFECTLY

deb4rockets likes this.
  19. ooooaaaah!

ooooaaaah! Member

Yeah, Austin Rivers is one tough guy. In the NBA hiding under daddy's wings.

20. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

This team wore Harden out every year with him having to bring the ball up and bail the team out.

Your post basically admits Harden had to play both pg and sg