1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Parsons was a warrior for us these past two seasons

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by meh, Jul 10, 2014.

1. meh

meh Contributing Member

If mods believe this doesn't deserve its own thread, feel free to lock/merge it. But I feel like I have to defend the guy a bit.

For the past two years, Parsons has done the following while getting paid $900K.

1. He's played the 2nd most minutes on the team in 2013, and most minutes on the team in 2014(7th among all NBA players).
    2. He's ran the most miles among all Rockets players according to sportsVU.
    3. He's played through injuries like his back spasms due to our lack of depth.
    4. He's played PF at times because the Rockets like to play small ball despite lacking the bulk to play that position.
    5. He's never tried to "get his" the way Lance Stephenson has done. Sure, he kind of slacked off on defense a bit. But hard to blame him when he's always among the league leaders in minutes played.

Look, if you want to say he's overpaid now and signing with Cuban makes him a dick. I would agree. But let's not forget that the guy has given us his all despite knowing one injury can ruin his entire payday. Yet he played through injuries and fatigues. He's played within the system and was never a locker room cancer because of his contract.

The guy has been a warrior for the Rockets. And for that he should be appreciated a little more than what I think he's been given.

2. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

Parsons' Appreciation thread?

People are mad at him because they love him.

1 person likes this.
  3. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

No one forced him to sign the cheap 4 year contract. Kudos for him for outplaying that level, but the Rockets not picking up his option so he can get paid early was a very classy move and a show of appreciation for him "being a warrior" for us. He took that appreciation and shat all over it with his actions. We can match him and he can be a Rocket for years, but I'll always know he's a douchebag.

2 people like this.
  4. Karolik

Karolik Member

he's overpaid now and signing with Cuban makes him a dick

5. Marsarinian

Marsarinian Contributing Member

I want to thank the OP for starting this thread. You can't blame Chandler for doing what's best for himself and his family. He signed the best offer sheet that was given to him, and now the ball's in Morey's court. If we miss out on all of the major free agents, it's likely that we keep Lin's contract on the books for now, match the Mav's offer for Parsons and try to add to our team via the MLE and the smaller exception. As Clutch and Bima emphasized in the podcast, we will still be adding to a very young 54 win team that still has room to grow.

Some people on this board have no idea how lucky we are to be in this position.

6. sew

sew Member

Well, if you want to get paid, you have to play and play well. He's been great for the Rox, but he was probably thinkin about the pay check.

7. meh

meh Contributing Member

Douchebags can still play hard on the court. I agree that I'll probably never look at him the same again after this FA, but what he did on the court is undeniable. He was a huge part of our success, however moderate, these past two years.

8. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This. He was an unheralded 2nd round pick (and one most of CF shat on for being a Budinger clone when he was drafted). He was paid fairly and Morey did him a favor by letting him out a year early.

9. Lando19

Lando19 Member

Parsons thoughts before a game

"How does my hair look ? what girl am I hanging out with tonight ? Is this too much gel ? How much am I getting paid tonight ? I should start a hair product line! Oh yeah, Bball game tonight, wheres my gel ?"

He's a douche

10. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

I love Parsons. He's been excellent for this team, but if him signing this deal leads to the Rockets losing out on getting both him AND Bosh... then **** him.

I don't care if he's still on the team next year. If the Rockets are forced to make a decision on Parsons before Bosh agrees to join the team.... then forget Parsons.

11. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

belongs in the parsons thread...we have enough going already with these talks

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Still like him though as long he has not put on that Mav jersey. The moment he does all will be forgotten.

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

Folks, right or wrong, won't quickly get over him signing with Dallas/Cuban. Then you go "clubbing" with Cuban and you and your douchebuddy take selfies with Cuban. And throw in there some thought there might have been a wink-wink agreement between Parsons and the Rockets...obviously not.

14. CCorn

CCorn Member

I don't blame him for taking 45 million. I too would take 45 million.

15. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Yes, this is the main reason why fans are upset. Just more reasons to hate selfies now :mad:

16. JLOBABYDADDY

JLOBABYDADDY Member

If you average it out over 6 years he'll make about $8M a year.

17. Panda23

Panda23 Member

[​IMG]

18. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

How can anyone be mad at Parsons? He raped Cuban. Isn't that what we want as Rockets fans?

19. BeardSanity

BeardSanity Member

Reasons i don't blame parsons:

1. Calling morey letting him go a "favor" might be a bit innocent to say...Morey is a ruthless dude, he did it to get the best deal out parsons.

2. Im getting the hint he was lowballed in houston due to what his friend is posting. "pay the man"...ect seems as if theres some tension in those tweets and he is speaking for chandler.

3. like rocket river said...When cuban throws that kind of money at you, he's not expecting to be sitting patiently.

All in all, i saw this coming when parsons starting becoming an attention w****. he wants to be talked about (calling out batum).

hes no kawai (or any of the big 3) or dirk...he wants to be BIG TIME and dallas is going all in on him

20. FeaR

FeaR Member

Exactly, this is how I feel also. He doesn't deserve more money than Harden. He is no longer a fan favorite, he will be an overpaid player who will never live to his contract as a Rocket or Mav.