1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pallilo back soon

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by CometsWin, May 10, 2017.

1. Poloshirtbandit

Well huh had no idea. I stopped listening to 1560 maybe a year before LZ left.

2. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

You're not missing anything...

3. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

I remember in 2015 his whole, "without the month of April the Astros are a piece of crap" dialogue. I get it Charlie we had an awesome month and an average rest of the season. I don't need you to remind me of that every other hour of your show. Right now he would be "Astros are the best team in baseball..............for the first six weeks of the season.......too bad championships aren't won in the first six weeks of the season, this pitching is going to fail them and the hitting will go cold, and by the way I told you so on the rockets I told you they wouldn't beat San Antonio with or without the MVP Kawhi Leonard"

#63 K mf G, May 16, 2017
    Last edited: May 16, 2017
  4. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

Reading CF, I wonder if there's a single competent broadcaster on the planet.

5. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

Lance Zierlein for president!

6. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Well, crap... I just realized I'm going to need the station he goes to to have a streaming app. lol.

7. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

Tunein Radio streams 97.5 FM ;)

8. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

It's almost June 15th .. anyone have any clue if this is still going to happen? I'm an out of towner that loved to listen in to Charlie to get my H-Town sports fix.. Hoping he is back soon

#68 RocketManJosh, Jun 13, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2017
  9. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

I started listening to him when he was doing the Rockets post-game show during the glory years. He is Houston despite him being a carpetbagger. I'm glad he didn't leave the best place in the world.

10. TMac'n

11. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Yes!!!!

Now fire Josh ANus please!

12. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Doesn't surprise me at all that people have been bugging Hoffman asking about Charlie.

Can you imagine ANYONE bugging Hoffman about Josh Ennis if he was let go? Yeah, me neither.

13. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

They're relegating him to the morning... which is probably better for his schtick, but obviously won't help him in the ratings game.

Glad Charlie wants to stick in this market... and why wouldn't he? Not like there's any quality competition. Disappointed he didn't want to go full podcast... AM format is dying, and he could provide dedicated Houston talk there as well.

14. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Awesome, just added 1560 to my TuneIn favorites. :D

15. TMac'n

Me too

But I'm not a big fan of TuneIn. It drains my battery faster than iHeart and crashes often. Wish they would revise it

16. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

I mostly play it in my office using an Android PC that gets plugged anyway. I will probably use the phone or tablet when traveling though.

17. jae713

jae713 Member

Just in time. Now I have something to listen to when LZ and Matts show is gone.

Torn n Frayed likes this.
  18. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Yes! Thank God!

19. Roscoe Arbuckle

Yay. Can't wait to hear how the Rox are still an also ran now that we got CP3.

Go back to Syracuse, you schmuck.

CometsWin likes this.
  20. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

He talks plenty of Rockets. He'll hopefully be able to continue to do the regular segments with Bullard and the head coach.

As opposed to the current 790 presences that literally despise the Rockets and wants nothing to do with them... and Adam works for the Rockets, so he (un)intentionally tries to keep from openly rooting for them.

(And to be honest, have the Rockets been a favorite for the title since 1997?)