1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Palestinians playing us for fools

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by gwayneco, Dec 31, 2005.

1. gwayneco

gwayneco Contributing Member

The West gives them money and they want to see the West destroyed.

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/news.php3?id=95535

2. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

This pisses the hell out of me that my tax dollars are going to these fools.

3. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

Palestinians support terrorists? Say it ain't so Joe, say it ain't so!

4. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

How about Israel, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, China, or Pakistan?

5. nappdog

nappdog Contributing Member

Our tax dollars don't go to China. Hence, the reason why the US never barks any orders at China. Example being the spy plane incident over Hainan. We gave them a explicit order and they laughed at our order. :eek:

*Tax dollars are economic or military aid so don't bring up the "Hey, but I shop at Walmart" reason as to why you are supporting China.

6. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

They buy our debt. So we have to give them Tax dollars.

7. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

What is going on in Gaza is a total joke! These people couldn't run a flea market...let alone a country. There is no leadership and there is no law. There's just a bunch of terrorist groups who walk all over the supposed people in control and do whatever they want. All of these kidnappings that are going on now have exposed just how unready the Palestinians are. They weren't ready to receive the land back from Israel and their not ready to proceed on the road map. Their not even ready for elections and the people being elected are terrorists. Abbas cannot do a freaking thing about anything other than comment in newspapers with that stupid ass Erakat aid who has a response to every thing. Words...words...words...but no action. And, now that the truce is off will be the real test. I don't think anything in the world can help the Palestinians if they cannot instill law and order in their own territory. I pity those people. Their worried about their image across the world? Yea...they should be. I see nothing but chaos with no single force in control of anything. They had an opportunity and that opportunity was answered with chaos.

8. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

and its nice that this article is from a very unbiased source. :rolleyes:

9. Franchise2001

Franchise2001 Contributing Member

The poll was conducted by FAFO - a Norwegian-based NGO not known for sympathy toward Israel or antipathy toward the PA. FAFO says it conducted the polling among the Palestinian population "in order to assess political feelings after Israel's voluntary withdrawal from Gaza in late-summer 2005." The poll results were reported in the PA newspaper Al-Hayat Al-Jadida last Friday. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

10. nyquil82

nyquil82 Contributing Member

I bought some Christmas Presents at FAFO Schwartz once in NYC.

11. torque

torque Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What else can we do? If we stop giving the PA money, it will only exacerbate the problem and make them hate us more. Additionally, poverty = lack of education = ignorance = islamic militants.

If we continue to help them financially, continue to voice our support for their independence and refuse to respond (verbally or otherwise) to dissenters who take stabs at America, western culture etc I believe eventually we will see these kind of thoughts quell in Palestine.

12. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

At least Arafat's dead....

Like someone else wrote, what can we do? As long as we support Israel, we'll have to play both angles...

13. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

Support of Israel has little or nothing to do with it. Otherwise, the Palistinians would not harbor the same feelings against Europe that they do against us, because Europe doesn't support Israel.

14. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

You seriously think ther is hope for Palestine, or at least hope for them to not hate America and Europe? Now that is funny.

15. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

Europe doesn't support Israel? Heck, they're about the only reason Israel still has an economy.

Europe (the EU that is) is more 'fair' and 'balanced' in their rhetoric than the U.S., but they are still heavily biased in favor of the Israelis in practice.

16. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

Ummm...yup! People aren't naturally fixated on hating the other side, there are conditions under which this 'hatred' or dislike exists, and when those conditions are alleviated/removed, so does the ill-will; this is generally speaking, it applies as a general rule, not just in this specific case.

17. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Palestinian militants in the past commited terrorist acts upon foreign air carriers as well as American...

Anyways, for the past 50+ years, the whole Palestinians without borders issue really got under the Arab Street's skin. Meanwhile they'd see/watch Israeli pilots bombing villages and countries with F15's we gave them at a discount.

Yeah, we wouldn't be caring too much about the Palestinians (Kurds get a rawer deal, IMO) if other Arab nations (our allies) weren't busy firing up their own people over it. The why is right in front of ya.

#17 Invisible Fan, Jan 2, 2006
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2006
  18. torque

torque Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What is funny is that if your pessimism would be subscribed to America's policy with Palestine, we'd probably have a world war on our hands.

19. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

The Palestinians have been playing the world for fools for a very long time.

The question I always had is this....

Why did we never hear Palestinians clamoring for their own country while Jordan occupied the West Bank from 1948-1967? It was only after Israel gained the West Bank during the Six Day War that suddenly the word "Palestinian" was ever heard.

I have yet to hear an intelligent answer to this question from anyone in any political spectrum.

20. Sishir Chang

Sishir Chang Contributing Member

The problem with this POV is that a lot of the chaos we are seeing in Palestinians is due to Israel undermining the PA. In the early 90's when the PA was first set up and took control of territory the PA actually did crackdown on terrorists, made progress on restoring law and order, and the Palestinian economy started growing. Since then Israel has taken a much harder stance on the PA and rather than helping out the PA and moderates has collectively punished them. Israel's policies has amounted to blowing up the firestation because an arsonist set fire to your house.
    I will agree to that Arafat's leaderhip was corrupt and he equivocated too many times but at the same time much of the blame for the Palestinian situation falls on Israel. its pretty much impossible for the PA to take any steps towards restoring order or services when Israel has destroyed so much PA infrastructure.