1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pakistan Mob Kills Woman, Girls, Over 'Blasphemous' Facebook Post

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by AroundTheWorld, Jul 28, 2014.

1. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Point taken, there are other motivating factors of evil than "just" Islam. It's a point that I never disputed and which is obvious to me, but it is fair enough to point it out, given the fact that most of the threads I start in this subforum deal with violence and intolerance associated with the ideology of Islam.

I did in fact participate in threads about the plight of the Rohingyas (although there as well, some guilt seems to be on both sides) and on the Indian rape epidemic, but the article about the Guatemalan violence against women is new to me.

Now these are terrible things as well (and it's actually depressing to think about all the evil the world has to deal with all the time); however, the three examples you gave are actually isolated from each other.

The problem with the ideology of Islam(ism) is that there is a common thread to much of the violence and intolerance going on in the Muslim world which leads back to the ideology itself. It's very obvious when you talk about "blasphemy laws", which are directly tied to the ideology and even the biggest apologists cannot say that it's because of socio-economic factors and has nothing to do with the religion, but also apostasy laws, killings of infidels, etc. That's not cultural or socio-economic.

Two wrongs don't make a right.

As to Israel, there are other threads for this, but I strongly believe that Hamas are terrorists just like ISIS and they need to be dealt with swiftly - negotiating with them is fruitless. Israel needs to finish the job now.

2. houstonhoya

houstonhoya Contributing Member

This religion bating needs to stop, every group of people has its evil loons.

The goal is to marginalize the disgusting elements within one's own group, not highlight the presence of monsters amongst other groups of people.

3. Nook

Nook Member

#1 You can start a thread about Israel killing children.

#2 Israel has NOTHING to do with this thread, as this is about a Pakistani mob of Muslims killing other Muslims.

#3 Your "but they do it too" argument is somewhat valid when discussing Israel and Palestine. However, this is Pakistan and has nothing to do with Israel, absolutely nothing.

4. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

#3 - OP has everything to do with it.

5. houstonhoya

But ATW?

6. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Norm for the course.

Crap hole like Pakistan filled with extreme radical islamists is bound to face such issues repeatedly. That religion emphasizes all things deplorable.

7. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

ATW responded to adeelsiddiqui's post. I did say that I see the point he is trying to make. However, there is no common thread to the atrocities he posted. They are not associated to any one particular ideology. Sadly, many atrocities committed in the world today are indeed associated with the ideology of Islam (or to how it is understood by those who commit the atrocities).

8. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Poorism and the lack of educaton plays a bigger role.

9. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

Lack of opportunity also leads to people doing dispicable things to get one up in society. Corruption, theft, murder, hitmen etc etc are all part of the norm in all of these societies.

They can be united by drugs, gangs, political ideologies, or religion.

10. bongman

bongman Member

I guess ATW did not see this news or just forgot to create a thread about it :rolleyes:

Homophobic Police Attack

What is the majority religion in Congo again?

11. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

I thought we already got this "Saddam Hussain."

'Murica

12. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Islam has a real problem right now...

13. sammy

How many people have died in Mexico?

Those damn Islamic cartel members. A lot of places have problems and the US is to blame for certain problems that exist currently. (See Iraq).

14. Nook

Nook Member

But ATW what?

When he critcizes Palestine or protects Israel, I understand why Israel and their foreign policy is at issue. Also, for the record, I am not a fan of Israel, indeed most of the time I have supported Palestine and believe that Israel has violated basic human rights.

However, this thread is about what happened in Pakistan, and is another example where religion and extremists have taken "justice" into their own hands. Lets also not think that this is isolated, it is happening all over the middle east. We had the Christians forced out of Iraq within the last week.

Essentially, I am told that the extremist muslims are a minority in the middle east (which I can believe), yet the extremists are essentially doing what they want to do. I am further told that what the extremists are doing is not an accurate depiction of Islam (which I can believe as well).... yet, the extremists appear to be gaining in power in the middle east even, for the most part, they are hurting other Muslims.

15. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

So you would say that everything surrounding Islam is 100% perfect right now?

1 person likes this.
  16. sammy

Of course, I can't but can you say that about Christianity or any other religion basically? People push their agendas and use religion as the basis to brainwash others to commit horrific crimes. It has gone on forever.

17. houstonhoya

But who is ATW?

18. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Someone you are apparently slightly obsessed with.

19. edwardc

edwardc Member

these people are horrible they way they treat women.

20. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

General 'Butt Naked' has to be one of the most evil/ charming men on the planet -- I would bet he is going to become major religious voice in that country (if he lives).