1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Outside the Box] Post Bosh Plan A - Get Josh Smith, Then Match Parsons

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Medicine N Music, Jul 11, 2014.

1. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

I agree but 1) we don't have time for jones to grow with Dwight 2) jones doesn't have smith defensive abilities now 3) you wouldn't have to necessarily give up on jones to get smith 4) Dwight's relationship with smith could only help smiths attitude issues 5) bottom line we need a stopgap (someone serviceable at a position of need that can help now that we can use our cap space on and resign parsons). If love or milsap or any other decent pf we're available now or heck any other pg that can be got I'd be fine with too. But right now the options are limited and we have about 40 hours to get it done.

2. JH13

JH13 Member

I'd love to see him on the team. But who do we trade?

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I love his Defense but at this point Rockets have to go for the complete package

Two way player who can also shoot and be clutch

4. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

Would rather have Josh Smith than Chris Bosh.

5. Rox>Mavs

Where do we find one of those? I'm down with that......can't think of any on the market in the next 36 hours

6. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

Lance Stephenson. Not a 4, but could play 1-3 for us. Well maybe not 3, but Harden can play the 3 some. Two way player, can play some point guard, is young and has experience. We'd have to overpay to get him, probably something close to the max.

7. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Hell, why not Josh Smith... he's supposed to be friends with Dwight.

8. Rox>Mavs

I'm not opposed to that. Smith is as much of a headcase at times. As long as either could be moved later if a better fit came along. I tend to think our problem at the pf spot is greater than our back court.

9. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

You're cute.

10. traveler

traveler Member

He takes 3 3's average a game. That is nothing on this team. I think he wold be good for the team except for his locker room cancer. My thinking is he would chill on that because of Howard but if I am wrong then we are screwed getting him.

He does fill a huge need at defense. He can handle all these top tier PF's that keep kicking our rears. TJ can't go against them and he will not improve enough this year to get us a deep playoff run.

To get him is a huge gamble. In Detroit he was misused and as a PF here he should be more efficient.

11. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Let's sign Josh Smith now or get him in a trade... let's beef this defense up.

12. JJHardLin

JJHardLin Member

Josh Smith? *vomits*

13. Relativist

Relativist Contributing Member

Trading for Josh Smith makes a lot of sense to me. What's less clear to me is how you do it after matching Parsons. Parsons can't be involved and I think trade exceptions can't be combined. Can any capologist explain how it could be done?

14. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

Maybe.... i mean trade exception/DMO/NO pick for Josh Smith... something like that

AND

I have faith Morey could deal him in the summer or on draft night of 2016 (or 2015 if it doesn't work) in preps to make run at KD

15. photojoe

photojoe Member

I'm shocked that anyone is still thinking of Josh Smith.

I wouldn't touch him. I wouldn't want him on the Rockets even if Detroit promised to pay the rest of his contract and gave us money to take them away from them.

16. Rox>Mavs

Assuming a trade for dmo where we absorb most of his salary we'd now be bumping real close to the hard cap. With ariza if we added smiths salary we'd be close to $79 million. If we traded dmo we'd have more wiggle room. I doubt DM goes this route now with ariza signed. He'll look for a cheaper and more contract friendly option.

17. Rox>Mavs

18. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

^ looks like a news aggregator, nothing to see here

19. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/qKlbohjx5l8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

20. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

^wow that's terrible