1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Outside the Box] Post Bosh Plan A - Get Josh Smith, Then Match Parsons

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Medicine N Music, Jul 11, 2014.

1. opticon

opticon Member

Morey always has a backup plan. I am sure he has something up his sleeve that we have no idea about. Morey had to know that a player at age 30 would have a hard time passing up a 5 year max deal.

2. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

Something will happen before Sunday. I can feel it..

3. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

At $14,000,000 a year and as a better defender than bosh but worse offensively, he's not a bad backup plan since we'd be able to keep more players and fill out the bench more with our exceptions. I'm good running with him as long we keep one of jones or dmo, resign parsons and address our pg hole.

4. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

What exactly do we have to send to the Pistons? Seriously...

5. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

I'm getting $13.5m, guys. I'd say that's a fair amount for a player that will elevate our frontcourt defense into elite levels. Offense may be an issue, be he isn't going to be getting nearly as many touches.

Plus, I'd like to believe that his relationship with Dwight is only going to help us out.

Remember guys, even Monta Ellis was able to reform his game.
    ---------------------------

Having said that, I'd rather snag Ilyasova and his 2 yrs $7.9m guaranteed. It leaves us with options in that great summer of 2016

#65 shastarocket, Jul 11, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2014
  6. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Howard-smith front court connection would be strong. Smoove played out of position last year. He'd be good next to Dwight. He'll give us 18 pts and 9 rebounds every game at the 4. He'll play good defense and he's a good passer too. Still,if we brought back parsons and used our MLE on a solid player, that would be a nice consolation for the Bosh whiff.

#66 Aruba77, Jul 11, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2014
  7. imaginedragons

great natural ability, but very immature mentally. for a Rockets team that lacks real strong leadership, adding an immature guy will probably lead nowhere

8. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

I want to know this too. Are there any reports of Detroit wanting to trade smith and any idea what the asking price was?

9. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

Josh... bad fit at Hawks, even worst one at Pistons.

Still like his play, and i believe Jones will be better off training alongside him.

10. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I'm almost on board with this but I just can trust J-Smooth and his dumb ass BBIQ.

Maybe if we had a better coach who would call him out on it.

11. IslandB.O.I.

IslandB.O.I. Member

This exactly. There's was always a chance Bosh was gonna say no. What if Lebron had stayed? It's hard for me to believe the entire offseason was based on whether the Rockets could pry Bosh from Miami or Melo from the Knicks.

12. MFG16

MFG16 Member

From what I can recall the Pistons were in trade talks with Sacramento on a trade I think late last month. IIRC, the trade revolved around Jason Thompson? I do now it wasn't surrounding any major pieces and came off as a dump trade from the Piston's standpoint. With SVG there it could be very plausible they just dump him like we did Lin.

13. micah1j

micah1j Member

you are right. It is 13.5 million, not 14 million for Josh Smith. Hoopshype is wrong.

14. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

We don't have many options right now

15. micah1j

micah1j Member

16. Medicine N Music

Medicine N Music Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

17. AndySwanny

AndySwanny Member

Gimme that. Jones (and a pick?) for Smith.

18. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

At this point I don't think it is the worst idea in the world, but he has to stop shooting 3s. He is an elite defensive player and we need defense. Who ****in knows....Morey just figure it out.... please :(

19. TexasRedd

TexasRedd Member

20. do work son

do work son Member

lock this thread
    [​IMG]