1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Our current needs are actually filled!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Francis3422, Nov 13, 2023.

1. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

We are all pining for a weak side shot blocker that can rebound and hit threes. Equally for a bench scorer that doesn’t throw soup or abuse women. We are high on truly turning a corner.

I think that Whitmore and Smith Jr. acutely address these needs. We simply need to wait.

JJJ would be awesome BUT he is only a 34 % on the 3 ball and is a great interior defender. JJJ is not a great rebounder. We know it is going to be Alpi inside. Jabari may not be a superstar but I think the outcome of 37% on the 3 ball while being able to switch defensively and rebound well seems likely.

Whitmore is a skilled ball handler who is obviously going to knock down shots and get to the rim. He is just 40-70 games away.

I think as those two take their next steps, they really fill these holes well. Can’t imagine the wait is long.

RudyTBag likes this.
  2. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Not quite.
    Need a better back up big.

This team is too small IMO.

3. Mattician

Mattician Member

Nah.

Still need a legit rim protector.

4. HROZ

HROZ Member

Honestly people need to remember Landale is returning from an injury. He's only going to get better.

Unless we can get an obvious better backup with Oladipo & Landale's salaries. There's nothing we need to do atm.

The young kids need to get better & the older players are great.

RudyTBag likes this.
  5. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

If only Udoka plays Boban more.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  6. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

We need our shooting to stay consistent, to trade for a backup C like a Nick Richards, and for Reggie Bullock to play up to his standards.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  7. lpbman

lpbman Member

Haven't forgotten Landale is coming off of injury, but I can't be sure he is going to be the guy for us that the Suns got last year, either. Even at his best, he isn't a shot blocker, lockdown defender. If we had serious championship aspirations, he'd need upgrading or showing something real quick... This season I think we can wait and see what he's got.

HROZ likes this.
  8. jim1961

jim1961 Member

What some people need to remember is that we are trying to win this year.

9. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I think we have a super strong core now, with great young talent, gritty vets, a top coach. But we can probably tinker and upgrade the bench a bit, by trading Oladipo's contract, perhaps Landale, Bullock and some picks.

I'd like a tall, strong defensive center and some more clutch three-point shooting, someone like Seth Curry or so.

The nice thing is, with our new culture and promising young core, players should actually want to come here - not like when we had Silas/KPJ.

duluth111222 likes this.
  10. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Someone like STEVEN ADAMS comes to mind.

11. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Well, he is out for the year, and with an injury that severe at that age, we don't know if he'll ever be the same as before.

12. jim1961

jim1961 Member

LIKE STEVEN ADAMS.

abaker28 and AroundTheWorld like this.
  13. prs325

prs325 Member

Unfortunately Jabari is not a shot blocker that we all want him to be
    He’s a below the rim player

14. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

Lol Jabari is not the answer as a rim protector. We had a chance to get Evan Mobley

15. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Trade for Buddy Hield.

ApolloRLB likes this.
  16. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

I'm pretty sure Landale is going to be better than what he has shown so far, but if he's not it's going to be a problem. They need more from him or they'll find it in a trade somewhere.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  17. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Yes, this team is too small. Couple tall guys in Jock and JJJ, but both are weak and can’t rebound. JJJ was being manhandled by Aaron Gordon last night. We need Capela and he said he wants to come back to Houston. Get er done Udoka!!!

18. IvanLCPM

IvanLCPM Member

thinly disguised 'jalen sucks' comment

19. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

Nah, I actually think Evan Mobley and Jalen Green are equal value prospects. They just both bring different skillsets at different positions. I am happy with Green and root for him to our franchise player.

It depends what you value, a 7 footer who can defend everywhere and a rim runner/lob threat or an uber athletic shot creating guard who is improving his defense.

It's a bulbasuar vs charmander type of discussion.

RudyTBag likes this.
  20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Isn't Cam stinking it up at RGV......