1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Our #2 draft pick "Jalen Green" seems to have a ceiling of . . .Gerald Green

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JCDenton, Nov 2, 2021.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I laughed out loud at this.

Dude, did you watch Green and his PR team.

His whole campaign was about him being readier than everyone else in the Draft because he played for Ignite.

I was being very polite, his Insta account should be full of outcry.

Slander my butt.

He served himself on a silver platter to be roasted, this friggin ridiculous.

Jontro and D-rock like this.
  2. D-rock

D-rock Member

So you saying that degree was not an option?

Or saying college has no value at all?

Keep on being ignorant.

3. dmoneybangbang

LOL. Of course you are..... you are THAT kind of person.

I'm kicking @DaDakota and @daywalker02 ass with their whack, out of date views of the NCAA. Move along sport....

4. dmoneybangbang

So you are saying a one year college education is very meaningful? These kids get their actual degrees through online courses.

5. D-rock

D-rock Member

Like NBA version of AAU.

6. D-rock

D-rock Member

You are wrong.

Yet again.

NCAA players are seen and branded better than G League players.

Outside of the SB, March Madness Tournament is the most watched sporting event in the USA.

But you keep being stupid.

7. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

If you've never seen this reference in pretty much every Green referenced thread, then you gotta be trolling... Don't really care to call out folks nor take the time to look for such people... I agree he has been bad analytically speaking... But it's his 20th game .. His goofy ass coach didn't exactly put him nor the whole damn team in a situation to analytically succeed number wise. He needs to be better ... But more times than not , today'scorers are athletes that develop .. He fits that narrative .. There's no throwback players coming that would make people, that love pre-2000s basketball , happy... That **** dead.. Give the dude time .. After 2023, if he ain't improved drastically , I'm with the slander ..

8. dmoneybangbang

LOL. So we are changing the conversation again.... now it's about Green's PR team.....

Oh great... another he's too feminine or "kids these days on their Insta"......

LOL. And you more than willingly to oblige against a Rocket...... You do you do.

9. D-rock

D-rock Member

LMAO

When @DaDakota has got you on the ropes, you really are in denial.

Nevermind that @daywalker02 has nuked your ass to extinction.

But you keep doing you.

10. dmoneybangbang

LOL..... Another goal post moving..... we went from college education...... to being seen and branded better...... Yes Match Madness is very entertaining and brings in lots of revenue.

Clearly Green wanted to turn pro and start his career instead of going to the NCAA and being a one and done.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The GLeague per se is not right or wrong, it is just a minor league, but it seems that it has not done much for Green other than getting him drafted and putting him into the spotlight with his highlight dunks.

Scoring titles are fine and good, let's get there first, it is not going to win the Playoffs.

I mentioned GMat with the intention to make the statement that he is ready for the big stage.

Right now I see a lankier version of young Eric Gordon without the shooting and more athleticism.

12. dmoneybangbang

LOL..... @DaDakota thinks Bobby Knight is still in the NCAA.

LOL.... this is personal to you. I occupy your mind. I love it.

daywalker02 likes this.
  13. dmoneybangbang

Getting drafted in the top 3 is something....

Based on what? The 17 games the entire Rockets team was underperforming?

It is a minor league with NBA rules and pro players. It's very purpose is meant to be more like the MLB minor league system and it's still closer to its infancy.

You brought Garrison Matthews up as a comparison for whatever reason.

14. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

How in hell is his ceiling Gerald Green. Gerald was drafted out of high school and then was out the league for a year and half where he really learned how to play the game professionally then he came back to the NBA and played better. Jalen Green has already shown he will be better than that already.

D-rock and dmoneybangbang like this.
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I do not think it was underperfoming, half of them were close games that they could not close.

For the reason, that Garrison is hungrier and a better shooter, I know he is older but you give him JG's leaping, he would be picked up earlier.

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I am having a blast, nothing negative from my side, you came up with some decent points about the GLeague, I'll take it.

It is not that I do not believe the KPJ Green tandem, it just takes a lot of more time than I thought, and you could have had a readier player.

Hope management learns from this. SG is also a position where you can pick from a dozen, it is not a position of drought.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  17. dmoneybangbang

And he is 6 years older..... I'm sure if Garrison was playing a facsimile of this in college he would have been drafted. I'm sure that time in the G League helped. :D

18. dmoneybangbang

Well that comment was to @D-rock

I don't think the KPJ/Green tandem is very relevant to the Rockets future considering how far we need to go. I also don't think you draft for "readiness" with top picks, but you also don't want them to be as disappointing as Green/Suggs off the bat.

I do agree with the drafting guard comment, disappointing Green isn't more wing like at 6'6".

daywalker02 likes this.
  19. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

What do you mean hasn't looked good "analytically?" He clearly hasn't looked good in any sense of the word.

There is no narrative of being based at basketball as the number 2 pick. The narrative is you're either bad, or not. Can you name a single number 2 pick that was total dog **** their rookie season but ended up being great?

20. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Can you name one that was drafted as a scorer that's played 20 games, averaged 14 pts as the 4th or 5th option, and folks saying they need to move on?