1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

*ouch* Stevie ranks next to last in Ast/TO ratio

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by heypartner, Nov 30, 2001.

1. Swopa

Swopa Contributing Member

I have nothing to add. This post was just so good I wanted to see it again. :D :D :D

2. Pass 1st shoot 2nd

Pass 1st shoot 2nd Contributing Member

Ahem..ahem. I've been saying for a long time that Francis is in denial playing the point guard spot. The problem with our rotation is that we have two guys playing the same position.

Unless the Rockets want to run a three guard line-up, we need a trade if we want to make the playoffs...and from watching Phoenix try the three guard gig with Danny Ainge as the coach, we all know that you don't get past the first round that way.

Francis has yet to have a 2:1 (much less a good pg 3:1) assist to turnover ration in 2 plus years in the league. He is the better talent at the shooting guard position than Mobley, so lets:

(1) trade Mobley for a better point guard who passes 1st, and shoots 2nd to keep the defenses honest;

(2) Sign Francis to a big contract this summer; and

(3) try to make the playoffs this year.

I always get blasted for this, but a good pg can make a bad team respectable. Look at what Kidd has done in New Jersey.

Regards,
    P1st, S2nd

3. tacoma park legend

tacoma park legend Contributing Member

So Keith Van Horn being the healthiest he has been in years, Kerry Kittles FINALLY playing again after 2 years of inaction, and Kenyon Martin completely healing his broken leg has had nothing to do with the Nets success?

I'm not trying to downplay what Kidd's done; I think he's the best pg in the league, but his impact on that team has been slightly overrated.

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

TPL,

Not if Marbury was still there, the attitude adjustment is what Kidd does best.

DaDakota

5. Nolen

Nolen Contributing Member

50. The open man is often two passes away from the playmaker in our offense.

6. brocktoon

brocktoon Contributing Member

Yeah, Kidd's wife-beating attitude is enough to help any team improve...

7. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

Turnovers do so affect his fantasy rating.

8. Hydra

Hydra Member

Trade Francis and Rice for Timmy D and Jesus.

9. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

All of these added together don't scratch the surface of how much Kidd has elevated Todd MacCulloch's game. :)

10. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

Wow. Cuttino the player loves Steve but Cat the moderator hates Steve.

Steve is not a natural pg. I'm ready to accept this. But, it isn't for a lack of effort. Play he and the Cat with a natural pg or a SF taht can handle the rock (geez, can we have Mcgrady, lol) and watch STevie erupt. Regardless, 22/8/6 is good enough for me.

11. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

51. Dan Lanky hasn't played

52. Cut Tino

53. Continue to live in Marshmallow land and never expect better or improvement from any of the rockets players including both Mobley and Steve and the pseudo Frontcourt.

54. Give Steve and Mobes a big dose of pine and move Mo to his true position of starting SG!!!

55. Insert Crispee into the starting PG spot and have him run his limp 0.24 pnr all game

12. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

First, why is it always another PG or Point Forward...why not a high post pivot man that can pass like San Antonio or Sacramento? (Notice Bibby has dropped to 4 ast/game.) There is much more to basketball than Hakeem offenses and Phil Jackson/Sloan offenses. And Achebe thinks Rudy sucks???? Quit watching so much football. Same with all you Aussie's.

Also, Stevie is 21.0/8/6.

56. It doesn't matter...I'll just give Stevie whole nother 1 ppg to make his production offset the turnovers.

13. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

crispee, no doubt Stevie's play has frustrated me at times. But he and Cuttino have the keys to this team. There arent' alot of pgs I would trade for Stevie. I just like the guy.

BTW, are you guys voting for he and Cuttino for the all star team. Don't forget to do it. :)

14. SteveFrancis3

SteveFrancis3 Contributing Member

57. When Stevie doesn't play his grossly overpaid backup starts and allows Jason Williams, of all people, to get a new career high, while the Rockets offense remains stagnant and they go on to get blown out by the likes of the Grizzlies.

15. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

58. ...that TO's are really and truly overrated.

59.....he doesn't have any good reason to pass the ball anyway...it's not like his teammates can make baskets consistently anyway...:rolleyes:

60. ...it means that the true blame resides in the newfound "thirdperson" manner that the Great Steve has bequethed upon himself...though, I'm not sure how it relates...