1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Oregon Community College Shooting

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by cml750, Oct 1, 2015.

1. Anas acuta

Anas acuta Member

It's incredibly easy to get your hands on a gun, legally or illegally. If a person wants to go do a mass murder, there isn't a law, a sign, a prison sentence or anything else going to stop him. You liberals don't put much thought into it....The only way to stop someone wanting to kill a bunch of people is with another gun. That's an indisputable fact.

You're a realist right? How do you keep someone from getting their hands on a gun when they don't need one? You can't.

All stricter gun laws do is make it to when Deshaun gets arrested for selling gram bags of weed and has a gun on him, he goes to jail longer. Deshaun isn't going on a mass killing spree. In fact, the only person Deshaun may shoot is another drug dealer (and who's probably stealing oxygen anyways) who's trying to kill him. These mass murderers are sick and suicidal.

I'll never understand the #LiberalLogic that we need "to get rid of guns", "more gun control" and "stricter gun laws." :confused:

2. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

You might be the one "not putting thought into it"

How many mass murders happen in England? What about Australia?

How do they keep people from getting their hands on guns?

3. TheresTheDagger

In order to make our country more like England and Australia, you're gonna have to show me a plan to address several BIG problems.

1. Lets hear your plan to confiscate 300 million+ guns from the approximately 118 million Americans who own them.

2. How are you planning to do this with the 2nd Amendment standing in the way?

3. How do you intend to get them out of the hands of criminals who will simply ignore gun bans as they always have? Is your plan to simply take guns from law abiding citizens leaving only criminals with firearms?

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Why not just shred the entire constitution while we're at it? Why have civil liberties at all? Wouldn't it be safer to live in a police state with no freedom whatsoever? There is inherent dangers associated with living in a country that appreciates liberty over security....the US is a country like that and that is very unlikely to change ever. If that is abhorrent to you, I would suggest you'd be happier seeing if a nation that better represents your values would take you in.

5. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I think everyone should be required to own and carry a gun while in public. The government should give them out for free.

I want to see this happen as a social experiment

6. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Gun nuts that would not even allow something as simple as a universal background check are enabler of kids killer.

7. Anas acuta

Anas acuta Member

DudeWah, read this again.

8. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

The real question is when will the public get tired enough of these slaughters to overcome the gun lobby, primarily the NRA? Without their propaganda and control of Congress eventually even the ordinary Bobby's will come around.

We can then all be safer and avoid the death and suffering, not to mention the billions paid out for disability payments and rehabilitation that this gun violence engenders.

9. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

So lets recap what we have earned from the latest mass murder by guns and the usual gun nuts' refusal for even reasonable control on the access to the murder weapons"

1. It was the schools and students faults, for not better arming themselves
    2. Gun owners don't care about gun shooting victims, especially those not in the gun club... its their own fault for not having a gun with them.
    3. There are too many guns in the hands of gun owners to ever limit gun access... so why even try? Gun nuts think gun owners would never comply with a law restricting gun ownership, so why bother?
    4. Countries that have successfully reduced murders and other crimes involving guns have some unknown and unreachable quality that the USA could never aspire to. And anyone wanting that quality should leave the USA ("Love it or leave it!").
    5. Second amendment! Liberty! Concepts apparently so tenuous that even the most reasonable restrictions on gun ownership would cause the entire fabric of our country to crumble. Ignoring that other reasonable restrictions on gun ownership have somehow failed to turn the USA into a totalitarian gulag (or do gun owners think people have a right to own bazookas and rocket launchers... I am not clear on what the NRA tells us on these guns).

1 person likes this.
  10. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

No the point you're making is fraudulent and belies your true intentions.

Moat of these examples have been discussed before so it's not worth discussing them again, as have the obvious counterexamples.

There's many ways to limit guns, we have chosen as a society not to, not because it's not possible, but because FREEDOM

Own that, don't be a p***y.

11. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

Jesus f@!k what a brain dead answer... So just another bobby response. Fairly convinced it's a texxxx alias at this point.

12. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Not that isn't an indisputable fact. There have actually been people talked down from shooting others. There have been people who received the mental treatment they needed etc. There are plenty of ways to stop someone besides a gun.
    I'm not in favor of senseless gun control. I just got my third gun after the 10 day waiting period this week. I still have more guns that I intend to get. I'm as liberal as they come.

But I also don't need to lie about things in order to make an argument against gun control.

13. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

The classic nut job defense: "but it's the 2nd amendment". why do you view guns as a civil liberty other than the fact that it's in the constitution. Every amendment is subject to scrutiny and/or nuances. When those were written guns/weapons were not as dangerous. You're not in support of legalizing machine guns are you? If you truly believe in the right to bear arms being holy, then why stop at slow fire weapons? Aren't your civil liberties being infringed right now?

14. cml750

cml750 Member

So according to liberals, the solution is to ban guns. I am sure if we repeal the second amendment, everyone will rush to turn their guns over to the government. I am sure all the criminals who illegally own guns would be right at the front of the line to turn in their guns. All those poor criminals only have their guns to protect themselves from law abiding citizens who own guns. After we repeal the second amendment and take away all the guns, we can then move on to the first amendment. We can ban free speech in the name of political correctness, stop all religious activity, and put the press under government control. :eek:

15. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You do realize there were students there carrying weapons right? There were legally armed Concealed Carry owners right there on campus when this happened.

16. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

some thoughts on this phenomenon here:

The Revenge Of The Lost Boys

Western societies are producing more and more Lost Boys, the fail-to-launch young men who carry dangerous social grudges.

http://thefederalist.com/2015/07/09/the-revenge-of-the-lost-boys/#.Vg3fBxkox18.twitter

17. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

what in your mind constitutes "reasonable gun control?"

18. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

People “like him have nothing left to live for,” Harper-Mercer wrote on Aug. 31. “On an interesting note, I have noticed that so many people like him are all alone and unknown, yet when they spill a little blood, the whole world knows who they are... A man who was known by no one, is now known by everyone. His face splashed across every screen, his name across the lips of every person on the planet, all in the course of one day. Seems the more people you kill, the more you’re in the limelight.”

Great, now I can blame CNN for these shootings.

19. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Please don't ever start with the slippery slope argument again. This fear mongering only works on other dumb people. Anyone with a brain thinks that your argument is senseless and idiotic. Stop arguing in fallacies and maybe intelligent people will engage you.

20. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

I live in Houston but to hell with the 2nd ammendment and Republicans push to keep guns

Guns MUST be ABOLISHED ASAP. It's better late than never to start gun control. I am sick and tired of hearing the mental illness issues.. Those issues just didn't suddenly pop up and cause all these mindless deplorable attacks.

I really don't care for all you stupid hunters who use hunting as a reason to buy guns. It's probably the same reason that these lunatics get guns for and then cause mass damage to the innocent.