1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Omer Asik is changing his agent

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Ericonomist, Dec 10, 2013.

1. Ericonomist

Ericonomist Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Hearing that Omer Asik is changing his agent and joining No.1 agent Arn Tellem and No.1 Agency Wasserman Media Group</p>&mdash; Halil Can Pelister (@HCanPelister) <a href="https://twitter.com/HCanPelister/statuses/410472874185854976">December 10, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Can confirm that Rockets C Omer Asik is changing agents and going to Wasserman Media Group and Arn Tellem, from Andy Miller.</p>&mdash; Jeff Zillgitt (@JeffZillgitt) <a href="https://twitter.com/JeffZillgitt/statuses/410775538760830976">December 11, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

2. ItalianRocket

ItalianRocket Member

Yep he is trYing to get out, also smart move from Omer his Old Agent destroyed his Reputation by Saying he should pout and quit

3. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

#3 Carl Herrera, Dec 10, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2013
  4. Play07

Play07 Member

I posted 1st in the "rockets to trade by 19th" thread

Good a thread was made, didn't know if one was needed at the time

I would imagine him and his other agent had a disagreement about how he was handling the situation & asik wanted things to go faster

5. Kiddsir

Kiddsir Member

Omer Asik deserved a better career path.
    Now he's got WMG back, good for him.

6. hooroo

hooroo Member

Vesely's on the list. He's improved into a useful bench player this season but not enough for Asik straight up.

7. smr6

smr6 Member

Was expecting Dan Fegan since he just targets all of our players now.

8. Carl Herrera

The most interesting to me is Al Horford, who said in an interview in the summer that he'd love to play with a strong defensive center and specifically named Omer Asik as one of those. Horford seems a little tired of banging big centers all these years and want to match up with guys his own size instead.

I can imagine Tellem calling Morey and Danny Ferry and tell them to make an Asik for Millsap deal.

9. coffeelover665

I wish it was Dan. Then he can be convinced to help us build a championship. Gonna be sad not having Asik on our banner when he was such a HUGE part of our core last year.

#2012neverforget

10. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

he thinks changing agent will make morey trade him faster?

11. nono

nono Member

It seems so. This seems like a very big agent and I don't think you want to piss big agents off in general. Omer wants to hasten his move.

12. Carl Herrera

My guess is that it's been in the works since the summer. Asik's primary agent, Justin Zanik, left the agency in the summer to become an assistant GM for the Utah Jazz. Asik stayed with the same agency (ASM Sports) but my guess is that that arrangement wasn't subject to change and other agencies certainly see an opportunity to poach a client.

13. dragician

dragician Member

14. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Link to that?

15. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

16. torocan

torocan Member

Don't be so surprised if it doesn't. Agents hold a tremendous amount of power and influence in the NBA.

The Knicks are basically owned by CAA.

Agents like Tellem can influence their players and roster and force teams to make unpalatable decisions or risk having the agent in their ear and steering premium FA's away.

Take a read at this...

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-t...hris-smith-and-the-new-york-knicks-conspiracy

And that's just the tip of the iceberg. There's a quiet war going on between the major talent agencies. Some agents won't even touch teams where other agents have too much influence.

Some teams are saturated from GM to rookie by their players.

World Wide Wes is well known by serious basketball junkies.

http://www.gq.com/sports/profiles/200706/william-wesley-worldwide-wes-nba-basketball

Asik went to the big leagues. Expect there to be some serious influence in play in terms of where he wants to go.

1 person likes this.
  17. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

18. OremLK

OremLK Member

Omer for Deng confirmed?

19. underrated015

underrated015 Member

i would take this. and a pick from them though.

20. typhooonn

typhooonn Member

I changed my agent as well