1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    GAME 7 ORLANDO vs CLEVELAND. Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Okay, that's it, you're all...

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by bencollinsmavs, Jan 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Launch Pad

Launch Pad Contributing Member

Hey Ben,

I count myself among the many that strongly disagreed with your article due to its lack of factual evidence, but I also respect your right to your opinion and never bothered to respond because you are just 13 or 14 or 15 or whatever. That's not a knock on you about your age, but I have read far too many "professional" adult writers spin out very similar uneducated (i.e., poorly researched not stupid) articles throughout the season. Many of them have admitted they were wrong after having seen Yao Ming play and I would bet that eventually, so will you.

Anyway, one thing I had to point out is that judging from the e-mail address of the moron that flamed you that you posted above (i.e., dallasmavericksforever@yahoo.com), the idiot appears to be a Dallas Mavs fan, not a Rockets fan. In essence, you came in here to blame a bunch of us for something that likely originated from a Yao Ming fan in Dallas.

It's important to remember that just because you're a fan of a player, that doesn't mean you particularly like the team (e.g., Kobe Bryant is very popular, but a lot of folks hate the Lakers).

As a responsible writer, in the future, you should heed a few key pieces of advice:

1) Research your facts. This includes not only NBA statistics, but also, knowing about the people to whom you are responding (i.e., Dallas or Houston fan).

2) State your opinions as opinions and not as facts. For example, it is your opinion (not fact as you assert) that you are older or more mature than most of the people on this bbs.

3) Never post when you are angry, because you will likely only provide more fuel for your detractors to flame you. Telling people that you won't "stoop to [their] level and take potshots" after asserting that most people here "don't leave the house and haven't seen sunlight in three years" is essentially a bump and set just waiting for a spike.

2. snowmt

snowmt Member

Yao is a pretty good 3-pt shooter in China. But here he
    play more inside game.

3. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

This has got to be the single most hilarious thread in the history of this BBS.

Look, Ben Collins, let's review the facts:
    • You are a Mavericks fan
    • You trashed Yao Ming in a completely baseless article
    • You come here accusing all of us to be dumb and classless
    • You're 14 years old!

And you expect us to feel bad for you?

Look, sorry some idiot sent you hate mail, but flaming happens all the time. When people hate on you, you gotta ignore it! I've had a 40-year old man stand on a doorstep, call me a ni**er and tell me I wasn't good enough for his daughter. People endure sick and mean stuff every day, but your skin got to grow thick, and let it go.

You're a junior-high student who outraged a whole group of people with an article that was not backed up with facts. Expect people to be mad.

4. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

alright already...stop it already and leave CC.net
    If your want to talk about the Rockets then do so, other wise leave this forum.
    go to the Hang out BBS where u can talk about your self...geez.
    ENOUGH ALREADY!!!:rolleyes:

5. RedDragon

RedDragon Member

Wow. What a psycho. His intense bitterness and bestial vulagrity are truly despicable. It kind of makes me glad that I grew up in a country where the internet and emails were once banned by the government.

Oh, the guy probably isn't lying about deleting his email address. I use to have a Yahoo account. When I cancelled it, I was told that it would take three months for it to be completely removed. My friends did not recieve any error messages when they sent letters to that address.

6. drapg

drapg Member

totally hilarious! I can't believe how many of us overlooked this little fact!

7. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Gentle Ben is clearly too young and too much of a moron to get it. I'm pretty sure the Dallas Mavericks organization is second-guessing the decision to print his tripe. Please leave him alone and lets let this topic die ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.