1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Okay, that's it, you're all...

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by bencollinsmavs, Jan 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bencollinsmavs

The most defensive, most foul-languaged people I've ever heard of in my entire life. Or, some of you...

All I said was that I thought Yao Ming wasn't playing to what he is capable of and I get e-mails (ten of these, during school today onlt) like this:

"Hey man, I really enjoyed reading your column because
    it clearly reveals that you are an ignorant little ***
    and a **** sucking degenerate. The **** that spews
    from that rectum on your ugly face is hilarious! You
    have a wonderfully imaginative heap of **** beneath
    your skull (Keep reading because it gets much better).
    You make me want to defecate on your misshapen,
    effeminate face. **** you and eat **** you gay
    mother****er. Your mother's a servile w**** and a
    promiscuous b**** who has swallowed more c*m than a
    Thai prostitute. Your daddy's a *** and a depraved
    pedophile. He undoubtedly fondles you and shoves his
    dick up your ass everyday (and I bet you relish it,
    you ****ing ****faced f*****). You better watch your
    back whenever you go out because I know what you look
    like you ugly little turd. If I ever see you on the
    street, I will kick your teeth in and piss on your
    deformed face. ****, you really are hideous man. Don't
    bother writing back because I am not using my own
    email and my friend will delete this account as soon
    as I am done writing this message. So, I guess I won.
    Ha ha. Go **** yourself, you little p***y."

And then you go out and call ME immature, "in need of growing hair on my balls"(like that has to do anything, and untrue), and random insults to a 14 year old. Real classy... REAL classy. For all of you over 18 in this situation, you should really be ashamed of yourself. For all of you under 18, grow up.

By the way, why was I here in the first place? I was invited here. Did I have to say anything? YES! If someone ripped you a new ******* and took personal shots for stating their opinion on someone that the offenders don't even know, that is extremely awful.

Think about what just happened:
    1) I said Yao isn't playing to the best of his ability in a column.
    2) I came to this board and there are over 100 posts about me and it's all taking personal shots and me and, because you're all easily amused by talking about puberty, decide to talk about pubic hair.
    3) I backed my point up and gave my compliments to the Houston backcourt.
    4) You make fun of me worse.
    5) I ask for you to just let it die.
    6) It gets horrific.

That is just awful. Imagine being on my end of this. It's ridiculous. I go home and get this in my mailbox? I'm sure, if you were me, no matter who you are or how tough you are, this phases you because I tried my hardest to please everyone in this situation and, damnit, I'm 14. I have an opinion. It's my job to express it. It's perfectly fine to disagree with me, go ahead and attack my point, but what is said by all of you is degrading and makes anyone who says something like that a terrible, awful, bad person and couldn't have ever possibly considered what this does to a person.

Now, because of this, even though a few people have to tried to convince me otherwise, I have to consider all Houston Rockets fans very immature, overly defensive of people they don't know, and generally people who are filled with a whole lot of hate. You have the worst language (both grammatically, and curse-wise) of any fan group could ever have. That's just a shame. It's ridiculous and, by the way, swearing DOESN'T make you cool.

What you guys have done would have ruined my weekend, but I have a lot of life to live beyond this. I really hope you just stopn bombarding me with e-mails of hate like that. If you want to talk about why I don't think Yao Ming is playing his best ball and you disagree, that's cool, just do it without attacking me. It's stupid, senseless and idiotic to take personal shots at a 14 year old, so just talk to me like you would if you were talking to me.

Thanks,
    Ben.

2. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

Man that's ****ed up.

3. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

let me get this in before things get nasty...

Dont group an entire fan base in one catagory just because a select few have the lack of class to respond in that manner.

Go back and read thru the posts in "your" thread....some of us were preaching restraint...do you just choose to overlook that? or does that not fit into the perception you want?

Just because you got bad emails doesn't mean they came from people here. There are alot more people on the internet than the people that are here.

Just a few words to think over after you calm down from your justifiable rage.

Just remember yougster, just because some people are bad apples doesn't mean the whole bunch are.

and for what it's worth...Another Brother is correct...that *is* f-ed up...Im sorry you have to deal with that..

4. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

First, you can't judge all Rockets fans because of the actions of a few.

Secondly, people get worked up over these meaningless types of things. People feel that they have to stand up for Yao's honor or something even when the slightest criticism is mentioned. Get a life people! Yao is his own person. You don't have to spend 24 hours a day scouring the internet to make sure everyone's opinion conforms to yours. People who post stuff like "Look what the LA fans are saying!" or "I can't BELIEVE that ESPN doesn't like Yao!" are just losers. Now you are mass mailing a 15 year old kid? Grow up.

But to a certain extent, you should expect this kind of response, it's part of being a good journalist. :)

5. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

:eek: Hey there are a few crazy guys out there who will end up sending crap like that. That doesnt mean that all of us would go that far as to write you in that manner.
    I totally disaggreed with your writting...big time.
    But, don't put that on a label of all ROCK's fans.

6. bencollinsmavs

I realize that, which sucks because it's the same with the Mavs.

Sorry if I made a generalization or a stereotype. It's not right. I saw the few of you trying to show restraint. Thanks for that.

7. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

"Youngster" is classic. LOL!

"Yeah, you little whippersnapper!"

8. NJRocket

NJRocket Contributing Member

You mean to tell me that people really emailed yuo these things? That's pretty ridiculous if its true. Who emailed you with that crap?

Your last name isn't Dover is it? ;) just kidding...i crack myself up...

seriously ...if someone emailed him all that crap, that is ridiculous

9. bencollinsmavs

the e-mail address was dallasmavericksforever@yahoo.com

He said he stopped the account, but I e-mailed him back anyway. I didn't get an error message yet, so I doubt that he cancelled the account.

10. B-ball freak

B-ball freak Contributing Member

11. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

First off, what makes you think the people responding to you are not younger than you.

<blockquote><hr>It's stupid, senseless and idiotic to take personal shots at a 14 year old, so just talk to me like you would if you were talking to me. <hr></blockquote>

OK, let's talk as if you're here sitting next to me!

You are a biased Mavericks fan who said "Yao was awful" merely because you are pissed that your boys are not getting elected to the All-Star game.

Who cares? Nitwitz and Nash will be in the All-Star game. Don't be so childishly bitter. Even for a 14-yr old, you should know better than to say a clay statue could outplay Yao Ming, and not expect childish rips at you in response.

Lesson learned. 'eh.

btw: this is what you wrote.

<blockquote><hr>Let’s face it. Yao Ming is awful. Bad. The best he’ll ever be is all right. In five years, his peak, he’ll average 15 points a game, 6 rebounds a game, and if I made a 7’6” clay statue, it would put up better numbers than that. If the season ended today, he’d probably be somewhere between 6th and 10th in Rookie Of The Year Voting (not voted by the fans) ...

Well, ya, of course I’m serious. <hr></blockquote>
    You know that article sucked, and Nitwitz can't play defense.

12. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

LOL...since I am the age I am, and he is the age he is...I can say that!..:D:p

Ben....only one more thing..really, some of them wouldnt even have slammed you that hard in the first place if you would have done a little better research into your column. It's one thing to have an opinion...but at least back it up with facts. Around here, we do normally respect fans of other teams(most of us anyway) as long as you can back up your talk with some facts..

Look around, look past the younger members that are hotheads, and you will find some really great basketball discussion. We cant be responsible for the mindless mutterings of some here, but for the most part there are more good posters here than bad.

Delete the emails, and get on with life...thick skin is a must if you are to have a good life..

best of luck to you..

13. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

totally rediculous...
    I was attacking his words I will admit...but mainly upon the idea of Bradley an alstar... :D ..still pretty funny...
    and...Yao losing to a clay satue...:rolleyes: ..really terrible...
    Besides the topic and idea of the columnl, it was written pretty well.
    be strong...ingor the critics! ;)

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

You see, this is why you don't post your email address on the internet.

Ben,

If you are going to be a reporter, or are going to write articles, you are going to have to get much thicker skin.

Ignore the idiots, and stick to your guns.

If you have a belief, you are free to express it, no matter how wrong it may be.

:)

DaDakota

15. bencollinsmavs

Thicker skin? Ya, maybe I should, but this is just very inappropriate and I needed to vent since the ******* didn't leave his e-mail address. I'll take any criticism, but no one as a journalist at a magazine gets these types of responses, I've already talked to one today. Any othe type of e-mail is perfectly fine with me. I answer every e-mail, eventually, but only if they provide a valid point. This is one of the first ones that didn't, and most your e-mails provide some really good points.

16. bencollinsmavs

BTW, about the Shawn on All-Star Ballot thing. I didn't mean he should make the team, I meant that Raef is on the ballot, he doesn't even start any more, and Shawn isn't, that just doesn't make any sense.

17. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

Poor widdle baby...

Just be thankful you don't root for the Utah Jazz...

18. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

<blockquote><hr>I'll take any criticism, but no one as a journalist at a magazine gets these types of responses<hr></blockquote>

well, no one as a journalist at a magazine would say

1. Yao is aweful
    2. Yao is not among top 5 rookies
    3. A 7'6 clay statue could outplay Yao.

Was #3 supposed to be funny.

You clearly went for outrageousness more than the typical journalist.

19. windandsea

windandsea Contributing Member

Totally agree with you, HP.

20. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

I wanted to discuss your opinions (my reason for posting your articles), but instead the other thread got turned into an insult match. For that I apologize. That is one sick e-mail. I didn't expect you'd get that kind of response.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.