1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[OFFICIAL] Tulsi Gabbard for President Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Os Trigonum, Jan 11, 2019.

1. TheresTheDagger

Wow. Lots of hate for Gabbard here.

I would never vote for the lady as she holds many "progressive" viewpoints. But I must admit to confusion over hate for Tulsi here given the below.

ryan_98 likes this.
  2. dmoneybangbang

Maybe folks don't think she's sincere, she's like the Beto of Hawaii (an opportunist).

I don't know if you knew this.... but politicians can be dishonest about what they support or in general...Would vote for her based off that tweet?

3. dmoneybangbang

No I mean China is intimating Uighurs abroad who dare speak up...

Think of your family': China threatens European citizens over Xinjiang protests
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...tens-european-citizens-over-xinjiang-protests

I don't think Tibetans see it that way..... when you sent troops into their sovereign land.

They might be! But China's imperialism looks an awful like previous imperialism..... It's cute you think you have the morality here as China strengthens its global tentacles.... well at least until your massive bubble pops.

Nook likes this.
  4. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Nah, they'll just stick her on weekends.

Otherwise, if she goes blonde, Trump will ask her off camera if the carpet matches the drapes. At which point she'll be thinking, "I wanted the gig. I wanted the gig..."

5. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I think I got pushback for suggesting there are motives for running beyond winning?

Nook likes this.
  6. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

I think she is genuine in her beliefs. That said, I do agree she is an opportunist.

I dont think she is a very good politician and she knows it. I think she is more on HRC's level (minus the dirty feel) than Beto the clown. If she is going to a successful politician, she must learn how to navigate the political minefield.

7. justtxyank

last week she was calling for impeachment this week she’s against it. No surprise it changed after she found a cozy landing spot on Fox.

she is 100% doing all of this for ulterior motives.

Nook, Rashmon, B-Bob and 3 others like this.
  8. Nook

Nook Member

Ohh come on now... don’t be silly, China doesn’t have to go outside their borders to kill and oppress people, they have had their hands full killing and oppressing their own people.

Wonderful... those 39 Chinese that died in Ireland risking everything to get the hell out of Xi-ville sure seemed to think so.

RayRay10 likes this.
  9. Agent94

Agent94 Member

Its a little strange. She has been slammed as an Assad apologist and a Russian asset because she is anti-interventionist even though she is very progressive. She was also a golden child in the DNC as a vice chair before the shenanigans between Bernie and Clinton. Then she resigned and backed Bernie which shows she took a moral stance and is not just in it for money or power. She could have backed Clinton and been on the gravy train.

I agree that she has gone crazy lately and looks to be positioning herself for a life after politics. So maybe it was all an act. We will know after the election if she ends up at Fox. She reminds me a little of the lefts version of Ron Paul - anti-interventionist not playing the games of the party. I think Paul was a true believer that became cynical and used his outsider status to make money by continuously running for president.

10. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

At first I thought she was someone I mostly agreed with but had some misguided ideas. Now, she's gone nuts. Please drop out.

dobro1229 likes this.
  11. Major

Major Member

Am I reading right that Joe Sestak's supporters have a only a +44% favorable rating of ... Joe Sestak?

Nook and B-Bob like this.
  12. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Gabbard strikes me as the canary in the coal mine for the Democrats.

The allergic reaction the party loyalists and neoliberals have to her paints a very worrisome picture that the DNC won't be able to mount an effective counter-attack to Republicans in Purple District America.

"She's a Russian plant!" "She's gunning for a job at Fox News!" "She criticizes the DNC more than Trump!"

These aren't counter-arguments. They're signs of ideological weakness and political aimlessness.

Space Ghost and jcf like this.
  13. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I agree that it’s problematic to low information voters if the Dems or the media call her a “Russian plant”, but the truth is it does look that way. Especially after it was confirmed Jill Stein was essentially on Putins payroll.

But yes... low information voters probably think Russia plant accusations at this point is just MccArthyism for 2019.

I definitely believe the DNC should be careful about criticizing her but at the same time watch her every move. I can’t tell you exactly what she’s going to do, but you just get the feeling there’s a motive here. I hope it’s just a lousy attempt at recreating Trumps primary success by running as an outsider who bashes the party.

14. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

LOL, yes

15. justtxyank

This is just because you like her. She isn’t the only non interventionist in the Democratic Party. She isn’t more liberal. Literally none of her core principals are unique.

Where she is conservative she isn’t the most conservative on the stage.

what is she a canary in the coal mine testing exactly?

jiggyfly likes this.
  16. justtxyank

Russian plant is a bad phrase because people don’t understand what it means to be a foreign asset. Nobody is saying she’s a spy for Russia. Jill Stein wasn’t trying to help Russia.

as is often the case in these things, their ambitions just so happened to align with Russian goals in an election so the foreign power helps them to advance their own interests and the selfish ambition of the asset let’s them go along with it.

jiggyfly, Rashmon, RayRay10 and 2 others like this.
  17. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Or maybe she is and has always been a not very good leader overall and kind of a kook who's only relevant in safe/blue Hawaii from the pre-Trump era.

This is also the correct answer.

But yeah good theory about her being the key to centrist districts, that's some multiverse brain stuff

jiggyfly and Rashmon like this.
  18. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

That doesn't make anyone an asset. You have to be actively acting for them. Just having common goals is not enough. So if you share a goal with China are you a chinese asset? Sounds silly. Yall russian conspiracy theorists are constantly moving the goal posts to fit your dilusions.

19. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Trump is certainly actively acting for the Russians.
    1. He's weakening the relationship with traditional allies - Exactly what Russia hopes
    2. Trump withdrew the USA from the INF treaty - Exactly what Russia hopes
    3. Trump weakening NATO - Exactly what Russia hopes
    4. Trump saying he doesn't care about the Russia interfering in our elections - Exactly what Russia hopes
    5. Trump coordinating with Russia and Turkey regarding the withdrawal of American troops from Syria - Exactly what Russia hopes
    6. Trump sowing discord and division among the citizens of the United States - Exactly what Russia hopes
    7. Trump trying to get Russia back in the G7 - Exactly what Russia hopes
    8. Trump publicly showing his subservience towards Putin in Helsinki - Exactly what Russia hopes
    9. Trump publicly taking the word of Putin over American intelligence agencies - Exactly what Russia hopes

He is 'actively acting' for them all over the place. The list is far from complete. It could go on for pages.

Rashmon, jo mama and SamFisher like this.
  20. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Seriously we could have a sub-forum for this.

FranchiseBlade likes this.