1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Last chance for the Phoenix Suns -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[OFFICIAL] Tulsi Gabbard for President Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Os Trigonum, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Agent94

Agent94 Member

Do you want to send in a massive invasion force into western Syria? That sounds like regime change, otherwise there is not much we can do. Why do you care if Russia has forces in Syria? We have bases all over Iraq and Afghanistan. Does Russia care? Of course they do, its their back yard, that's why they are aligned with Iran and Assad and Involved in Syria to begin with. See how that works. You are making Russia into a boogie man to justify occupation.

MiddleMan likes this.
  2. dmoneybangbang

No. Frankly I'm tired of the hyperbole from your camp, "massive invasion", "endless wars", etc because you are presenting two extreme choices: either we pull out so fast we are unprepared for the immediate consequences or we need to send massive invasion forces for the endless wars.

I think it's completely asinine to have this position that this particular Syria move was the only move to make. Just because the US "does it" doesn't mean every other country should be able to do it, that's not how geopolitics and great powers work. It's a Hobbesian World and it's naive to think other countries will just roll over if the US becomes more isolationist.

3. dmoneybangbang

I don't know what i "want", but I know what I don't "want" and that's not some random withdraw of a small force without a strategy towards the bigger picture. Just because I'm tired of being in the Middle East doesn't mean I want to do something impulsive.

Is that really so hard to understand?

MiddleMan likes this.
  4. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

https://www.politico.com/news/2019/10/25/tulsi-gabbard-wont-run-congress-reelection-2020-057222

While I believe all politicians seeking another office should give up their government position, I find this completely disappointing. Gabbard is by no means doing this for altruistic purposes. Its a good way for her to get out considering she will likely be defeated in her coming election.

Im starting to agree that Gabbard is selling out for an analyst job at Fox. Pretty disappointing.

Nook, fchowd0311, RayRay10 and 3 others like this.
  5. WNBA

WNBA Member

Sending troops to a foreign country to meddle with their civil war was way more impulsive than pulling out. Was there any outcry?

6. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

she would fit in well

7. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I agree. It's just another person (like many of the Dem candidates) avoiding a spot where they could actually do some good to instead service their own ego. Blargh.

Nook likes this.
  8. dmoneybangbang

How so? Sending troops there was part of a larger plan of addressing Russia, Iran, ISIS, and a genocidal Syrian dictator. Now we are reversing the course of action so quick we are having to bomb our bases because we weren’t prepared to adequately pack up and leave.

I wonder if there’s outcry from the Uighurs...China is even meddling with Uighars outside their borders, what’s up with that?

Nook likes this.
  9. WNBA

WNBA Member

China sent troops outside of their borders to kill Muslims like USA did? when and where?

10. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

China has a cool thing where it declares its borders wherever it feels like and then sends its troops there, see Tibet, Vietnam, Pakistan, India south china sea, etc.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  11. dmoneybangbang

They aren’t troops... they are operatives. When? 2019. Where? EU.

What about Tibet?

Who knows what Chinese troops are doing in Africa and how the native populations are faring. Chinese imperialism has its consequences too!

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  12. WNBA

WNBA Member

Tibet? China had Tibet long before even USA exists. Vietnam, Pakistan, India ......WTF? Any Chinese troops in there? never heard of.

13. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Yeah, Gabbard is obviously angling for a job at FOX. She's always a guest there, anyway. Spends more time bashing her own supposed party than Trump.

14. WNBA

WNBA Member

You mean China can operate in EU? .....and that equals to sending troops to have military presence in EU?

Tibet is one of China's provinces. China had total control of it for hundreds of years. If you do not like it, send your troops in like British did ...

Africa......Chinese troops must be capturing and trading slaves in Africa like Americans did! yeah Who knows ....

15. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Man, this takes me back to schoolin' YOF's who'd wander over here in the Yao days.

How many Chinese ever knew they had their own Vietnam war after we lost ours? Not many, obviously.

But guess what, you did! China launched a pretty dumb and pointless invasion of Vietnam in 1979. But at least they had the good sense to GTFO after it was clear nobody was winning.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sino-Vietnamese_War

KingCheetah and FranchiseBlade like this.
  16. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

**** Tulsi Gabbard

ROXTXIA and Rashmon like this.
  17. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Are we sure she's not Os Frigonomics?

CometsWin likes this.
  18. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Yep. Self-serving ****. Her only aim is to take down people in her own party (if it really is her party). She hamstrung Kamala Harris pretty well, gotta say.

MiddleMan likes this.
  19. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Giving up her only elected position to poll @ 1% and take pot shots at contenders. Nothing to see here! LOL.

FOX may ask her to dye her hair though. :(

ROXTXIA and FranchiseBlade like this.
  20. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Gabbard's supporters have a net negative view on every single democratic candidates. Isn't that interesting.

[​IMG]