1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[OFFICIAL] Thoughts & Prayers, May 31 2019 Edition

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by SamFisher, May 31, 2019.

1. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Bless your heart.

2. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Bless your heart.

3. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I would rather bless the hearts of those I personally know who live traumatized by the Newtown shooting or the families I know who have suffered easy handgun suicides. And by bless their hearts, I mean honor them by at least pretending to care about an important public health issue.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  4. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We should let everyone have nukes

5. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

What's the point of anything these days?

6. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I am glad they arent plastering the shooters face all over the TV. Making these people famous plays a role like it or not.

7. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Everything plays a role eh'?

Do countries with less guns have less people die from guns?

8. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

What does brazils gun count look like? I am not trying to downplay the role in our laws. We can definitely improve. I just think these gunmen crave the spotlight even in death. We dont have glorify these folks. It is easy to search out who committed this crime but i hope his name and face dont go viral which could potentially discourage the next murderer. I noticed that the local news is posting his name but not his image. They need to just ignore his id completely.

B-Bob likes this.
  9. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I don’t know. Why don’t you tell me? I know they have a ton of violence in the slums of Rio. Otherwise how do the number of guns in a country compare in ratio to gun deaths across different countries in the world?

I would assume the more guns, the more deaths. With direct correlation for the most part. I may be wrong though.

10. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

The gun violence is terrible there and they have strict laws...

In Brazil, all firearms are required to be registered with the minimum age for gun ownership being 25.[1]It is generally illegal to carry a gun outside a residence, and a special permit granting the right to do so is granted to certain groups, such as law enforcement officers.[2] To legally own a gun, an owner must hold a gun license, which costs R$1000,[2] and pay a fee every three years to register the gun, currently at R$85.[

11. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Why is this story not flooding the headlines? Because it fails on every politicalized topic a mass shooting could have.

Angry white dude? Fail
    Better back ground checks? Fail
    Scary looking rifle? Fail
    More secure buildings? Fail
    They dont dare suggest banning and confiscation, which is the only way this shooting would have been prevented

12. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

It definitely hits the media harder when it's children dying in mass.

13. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Check this out.

Japan 1Take a firearm class and pass a written exam, which is held up to three times a year. 2Get a doctor’s note saying you are mentally fit and do not have a history of drug abuse. 3Apply for a permit to take firing training, which may take up to a month. 4Describe in a police interview why you need a gun. 5Pass a review of your criminal history, gun possession record, employment, involvement with organized crime groups, personal debt and relationships with friends, family and neighbors. 6Apply for a gunpowder permit. 7Take a one-day training class and pass a firing test. 8Obtain a certificate from a gun dealer describing the gun you want. 9If you want a gun for hunting, apply for a hunting license. 10Buy a gun safe and an ammunition locker that meet safety regulations. 11Allow the police to inspect your gun storage. 12Pass an additional background review. 13Buy a gun.

14. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

What a coincidence, just happens to pick Brazil. I am sure he didn't see a top six list of gun deaths before picking Brazil. :rolleyes:

15. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

If you don't think this story is flooding the headlines, you are under a rock.

But I do see this story not having the punch it should - and that's not for the reasons you'd like to try and spin it, but rather because we're just becoming desensitized to the sheer number of mass shootings happening now.

Half this country could get shot by firearms tomorrow and you'd be here screaming about how it has nothing to do with guns or background checks

16. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

This is insane.

RayRay10 likes this.
  17. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

How long should we wait to politicize it? Same stupid arguments made time and again, it's like y'all think we forgot from the last fifty times it was too early to politicize a mass murder.

AroundTheWorld and superfob like this.
  18. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Haha way to pwn the libs.

Fortunately enough for us, another freedom spreader will offer up a vehicle for the thoughts and prayers of the many concerned citizens such as yourself in a few days,....you will surely be sorry then! ;)

Till then brother freedom on! Don't let the libs tragedize your politics.

19. biff17

biff17 Member

Brazilian gun violence is directly correlated to gangs and the drug trade how many random mass shootings are there?

20. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Exactly. Restricting the sale and distribution of weapons in Chicago has worked out great.