1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans v Raiders @Mexico City

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Nov 16, 2016.

1. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

what's a spot, what's a catch, what's a hold, what's a PI, what's good sport?

Pen15clubber likes this.
  2. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

And that might be the least of their offenses. Hopkins obviously wasn't out of bounds. A good ref lets that play out and allows the replay to confirm it. That ref had no intention of allowing Hopkins to score that td.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  3. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

what a crap show. Besides the obvious terrible calls, the biggest thing that sticks out in my mind is that the Texans were in control for most of the game but were never able to put them away. Granted the bad 3rd and 4th down call didn't help on that drive when they could have put them away, but it shouldn't have been that close anyways.

Also, i'm still scratching my head for why BOB didn't go for it on 4th and 5 with the last possession. I get that you want to try and get a stop but your field position was going to be the same or even worse if you did get the ball back.

Oh, and Brock is still bad.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  4. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I don't think he calculated the time exactly.

Also I thought he should have kicked a field goal when it was 20-20 with about 6 minutes left. Go up 3 and let your defense work.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  5. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Were you watching the same defense?

Did you see what the defense did after they went up 20-13?

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Doesn't fit the narrative.

7. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Ultimatey O'Brien watched the same defense. That O'Brien PUNTED on the next drive with just 1 timeout only 3 minutes left, showed that HE himself put BELIEF in the defense to HOLD the "usual" way. Why not that same "hold 'em" trust with 75% chance of a FG LEAD? (And really it shows bad drive management by coaching, that the fans see the situation better than him).

It coulda gone either way really. I don't like the tone that concedes the other team IS just gonna SH** on you if you give them a chance, like YOU'RE now the cream puff that cant hold back some unstoppable avalanche. I think the hold/stop 'em approach is either trusting your guys the right way to fight it, or yes its not wise to put control in other team and expose your struggling unit. Again justification could go either way.

Which is why I say: Can you TRUST this Texans offense? NAH. Trust 4th quarter D? Nah. Trust the REFS? HECK naw. Trust the kicker? Eh, suppose, Yeah. We're being shrewd observers guaging the trends that support the decision risks, when the "vanilla" rubber stamp option was just as good.