1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans v Raiders @Mexico City

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Nov 16, 2016.

1. oelman44

oelman44 Member

I have a bad feeling about tomorrow... still going in on Texans moneyline though.

2. Nook

Nook Member

The Texans are lucky to have the fan support they have; because they historically don't deserve it.

3. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

I spent enough money supporting their inferior product here in Houston. I refuse to travel and blow even more money and be disappointed.

macho GRANDE likes this.
  4. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

So, you're basically advocating for the typical Houston front-running only type fan support that plague the other teams?

Houston fans get called out when only supporting winners. Now they get called out for supporting a team regardless? Strange.

If there's any sport that lends itself to unconditional fan support, it's the limited home game schedule/games usually only on weekends effect of the NFL

There are teams across this nation, in all sports, that receive similar fandom, regatdless of results (some historically inept as well).

Also, you cannot discount the void that was ever-present in this city after the Oilers left. For many, supporting a team weekly, regardless of result, is better than having nobody.

Can you imagine the fallout if/when this team finally makes a deep run? It could be nuclear.

5. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

I love that we have great fan support. I just wish those same type of fans would show the same support to the Rockets and Astros. This city is a football city (and what Nick said), but the Texans haven't done anything yet to deserve the hype/radio time over our other two teams. That's probably what bugs me the most.

6. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Having been to a few games in Cleveland, I would just like to say that I don't hear that sentiment from Browns fans.

Their franchise was taken from them, much like the Texans. It was given back, much like the Texans. They've sucked much worse than the Texans, yet I never heard their fans complain and wonder about support even though they have an inferior product. Yes, they complain about having an inferior product, as fans should, but they don't wonder why other people go to the game and spend their hard earned money on the game, etc. They show up and tailgate like diehards.

Especially when their team is 6-3...

Of course, maybe that is the exact sentiment that led to the Oilers leaving the first time...

Go Texans. Get us a win tonight.

macho GRANDE likes this.
  7. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

You're comparing the sentiment of the fans going to Cleveland games vs. the sentiment you're hearing from Texans fans on a messageboard. Methinks that's not apples/apples.

If you judged Texans fans only by the sentiments of those paying for tickets and showing up for games it would be far more in line with what you're expressing regarding the good folks in Cleveland.

And no...sentiment had zero to do with the Oilers moving out of town.

macho GRANDE likes this.
  8. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Oakland gonna booty bomb us :(

9. toycannon

toycannon Member

Trap game for the Team. I hope I am wrong.

10. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

National TV game, primetime, against a good opponent? 90% chance this is a blow out loss for us in another game where the entire team looks pathetic. Hope I'm wrong.

11. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I have a good feeling.

3-0.

12. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

13. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

14. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

LOL, expect to see a lot of O2 tanks on the sidelines....

macho GRANDE likes this.
  15. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

So does that make Brock our secret weapon since he is used to playing in Mile High? We could see a CAREER GAME for him folks, he might even reach 150 yards passing!

16. samtaylor

samtaylor Member

Let's shoot for 100 yds first

17. Wolverrines

Wolverrines Member

Or go two games in a row without throwing a pick

18. toycannon

toycannon Member

The team with the players with better lung capacity function with win.

19. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

That looks oddly similar to week 10 last year, except instead of Raiders logos it was Bengals........Hmmm
    That was week 10, this is week 11.
    That was away game, this is away game.
    They were undefeated, Oakland looks solid.

Calling this right now. Endzone fade to Hopkins and we win by 4. Comeback to me if I'm wrong but we win... If we lose, just leave me alone, I'm grieving and don't need to be pointed out I was wrong too.

macho GRANDE, Two Sandwiches and Nimo like this.
  20. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

It would have to be with 30 completions.

TheRealist137 likes this.